Georginio Wijnaldum

Disco

His time here is a shame like, clearly a very good but at the same time baffling footballer.  One of my abiding memories was when he absolutely took West Ham's midfield to pieces in January and the 4 v Norwich.  Other than that he's been s****.

All that's left to do is take out the S after the I in the title and close the thread.

He started brightly, scored a screamer in his first training session and made a mark in the first half of the season (mainly at home). I don't hate him, but I don't really like him now as a fit for our team. On his day he can be a top class player (his control, ability to run with the ball and finish has been noted), but sadly he has been missing on too many occasions.

It was interesting to see when we got the penalty today that he refused to allow Townsend or Sissoko to take it. Obviously he could receive a bonus on goals scored, it might be the penalty order for the team or other external factors but after that interview I think its quite clear that he has no interest in remaining with us in the Championship and is very much an individual 'talent'.

Hopefully we can get between £12 - 16m for him and strengthen other areas of the squad.

Guest Howaythetoon

Second top scoring midfielder in the country and doesn't even get near our Player of the Year award which was won by an uninspiring keeper. Says it all.

Not really, he has been shit for 60% of our games.

Second top scoring midfielder in the country and doesn't even get near our Player of the Year award which was won by an uninspiring keeper. Says it all.

He's disappeared far too often during the season, he has the ability but needs to find the application.

I'll not be bothered if he stays, I think he has the makings of a good player.

The outlook changes dependant on who is managing but I agree. The goal return alone will be enough to see us regain the majority of the money we spent buying him. His reputation will still be intact outside our club.

Can't believe people actually gave him a standing ovation. He's barely looked bother for the last 6 months, puts in one half decent performance and all of a sudden he is getting away without any flak. He is one of the worst culprits in our side in my opinion.

He won't stay, but it would do him the world of good if he does, be forced by the club or lack of interest. Players like him need to be shown that you can't just turn it on when you need too. Playing in the Championship and having to work to get us back or up or to get a club interested will show that you need to produce consistent try and that you only reap the rewards with hard work.

There is a good player in there, he needs to work on his attitude to bring it out.

Feel like Andros was more likely to have just been giving advice on how Lloris handles penalties tbh.

I guess. I mouth read please, please :lol:

Tbf that is probably just as likely as how I read it :lol:

11 goals this season, I know he disappeared for a large chuck of the season but if some others had put in that many goals with the half efforts they put in, then we probably would have been fine. I think the frustration with him was the fact we knew he could play better (especially away from home) than we were seeing, some others however simply didn't have that level of ability.