Georginio Wijnaldum

Disco

Klopp will get the best out of this guy. He's a quality player who, in the right system, will be very effective in the Premier League.

I think he realised pretty quickly what a shitshow he'd signed up for and that seriously affected his motivation. Shame he couldn't be more professional but we shouldn't be too surprised - footballers aren't exactly known for their integrity.

Onwards and upwards.

Klopp will get the best out of this guy. He's a quality player who, in the right system, will be very effective in the Premier League.

I think he realised pretty quickly what a shitshow he'd signed up for and that seriously affected his motivation. Shame he couldn't be more professional but we shouldn't be too surprised - footballers aren't exactly known for their integrity.

Onwards and upwards.

This, pretty much.

Onwards and upwards.

Exactly. I just hope we get a couple of excellent replacements, in a midfielder and forward.

I think we have enough to get promoted, I would keep the money in the bank and spend next summer.

Rafa wont take any chances so he will sign a few more, and rightly so imo.

I'd wait until next season when we can attract a better calibre of players with spending the money.

If Rafa can't be sure to get promoted with the current squad, even minus Sissoko, then that speaks volumes of what he thinks of himself as a coach imo.

I think we have enough to get promoted, I would keep the money in the bank and spend next summer.

I'd wait until next season when we can attract a better calibre of players with spending the money.

If Rafa can't be sure to get promoted with the current squad, even minus Sissoko, then that speaks volumes of what he thinks of himself as a coach imo.

Sorry, but this is bollocks. 

We need a winger and a central midfielder as a minimum in my opinion. In terms of midfield, Tiote aside (if he can be arsed), we don't know how the rest will be this season and we are very light on wingers.

I'm confident going into this season, but by no means do I expect to walk it. I still think we're lacking in a couple of areas, mainly creativity in midfield.

I'd reinvest the money this season, for sure. We have Mitrovic potentially  missing between 4-8 games with suspension, Aarons is made of used lottery tickets, De Jong terminally ill, and Haidara MIA etc etc.

We can't afford to be complacent.

Sell Sissoko for upwards of £30m, sign 1-2 to replace them and we're still in plenty of profit to bank for a return to the Prem.

I tend to agree that we've got enough to go up as it is mind, assuming no further outgoings.

Want to see Colback & Gouffran gone then I'll be a bit happier though, LB in would help too.

Absolutely robbed them :lol:

£25m could buy us 4 or 5 players good enough to compete at the top end of the Championship.

In reality, Wijnaldum performed so rarely for us last season that he will not be missed and is easily replaced.

Sissoko out the door for a similar fee, with 2 or 3 quality players coming in and we've had an outstanding summer.

Aye, Rafa probably has a confidence problem :lol:

I said if. Im pretty sure he feels quite confident we will win the league with our current players.

Yes i'm pretty sure he feels "quite" confident as well. But we MUST get promoted and he wont take any chances, even if there's 1% missing.

A few bad injuries early on and it can quickly go very wrong...

Absolutely robbed them :lol:

£25m could buy us 4 or 5 players good enough to compete at the top end of the Championship.

In reality, Wijnaldum performed so rarely for us last season that he will not be missed and is easily replaced.

Sissoko out the door for a similar fee, with 2 or 3 quality players coming in and we've had an outstanding summer.

Or one good player in the premier league, with the stupid money flying around now.

Do slightly worry about the balance of our central midfield - I don't want to buy into the myths about the Championship but it seems imperative to me that we have some energy and dynamism in there - which Shelvey and Colback just don't offer.

25M for Wijnaldum is not crazy money. He will be very good for them is my bet.

He played in a fucking clusterfuck of a team last season, and scored a good amount.

In a functional team, with a good manager he will flourish.

Finally done, with Sissoko to follow asap please. One thing that is good is that i'm confident that Rafa is prepared and probably has a back up plan when/if Gini and Sissoko leave.

Pardew would be like "King is commanding you scouts to go out and monitor!"

Do slightly worry about the balance of our central midfield - I don't want to buy into the myths about the Championship but it seems imperative to me that we have some energy and dynamism in there - which Shelvey and Colback just don't offer.

Aye, it's all a bit one paced at the moment. Can't remember Ritchie being particularly quick either.

Rather than the actual fee amount, we got 2/3 more than we paid after one year.

We also got to recruit a promising player from overseas, who then got a move to a (cough, cough) bigger club soon afterwards. That's good for the standing of the club for future recruitment. See Debuchy, Cabaye, Ba, Remy etc.

It'll be interesting to see what Klopp can do with him. Maybe he sees him doing a role like Kagawa at Dortmund. We were so bad last year that it's hard to know how good he is, but I'd expect Mane to do better for them than Gini based on energy level alone.

Spend the money on a new contract for Krul and a CM, please.

Great bit of business for a player who never showed up here. And good business for the dippers too.

I'm sure he'll do alright there. His talent or ability was never in question, just his heart and attitude.