Georginio Wijnaldum

Disco

Think he'll go on to do well for Liverpool - there is a quality player in there and he'll benefit from playing in good team.  Having said that - £25 million is a fair price and probably best to offload if he wants to leave.

Guest chopey

When he first came last year and the video appeared of him walking into St Jame's for the first time and he was amazed at the size of the place, he spoke so well and I thought he was our next captain, I can't believe he turned into just another football mercenary.

The difference in every deal being done is night and day to when that silly prick was here. Quite happy with this one, questionable attitude and not what we need right now. Same with Sissoko. Hope we can get a quality creative midfielder in as think Shelvey is poor.

So can anyone name the good matches he played for us on the top of their head? :D

Trying to explain to an poolbuddy of mine we are close to glad to rid of him, he is just laughing at me.

I like to think there are some Liverpool fans reading this thread thinking they have signed a dud. Of course he has talent but he's a hide and seek champion.

I'm desperate for us to get rid of Sissoko now and get a couple of new players in.

So can anyone name the good matches he played for us on the top of their head? :D

Trying to explain to an poolbuddy of mine we are close to glad to rid of him, he is just laughing at me.

Norwich, Man Utd draw, Spurs last day of the season but I wouldn't count that, Liverpool win, Chelsea draw, West Ham win, probably a few more. He played well in quite a few matches, the problem is when he doesn't play well it's like having a ghost playing

He'll be good at Liverpool, as they have numerous other players that take responsibility with the ball. This was not the case with us, and so he was an annoying player to have in our team, and would have continued to be. Best result for both parties.

I would just wait to see how he gets on at Liverpool first mate, you don't need to explain anything to him. Maybe you'll get the last laugh or maybe he will. I'm just glad we have got decent money for a player who was clearly talented, but didn't really fancy it here much.

He'll be good at Liverpool, as they have numerous other players that take responsibility with the ball. This was not the case with us, and so he was an annoying player to have in our team, and would have continued to be. Best result for both parties.

:thup: Even if he does go on to do well there, I won't be annoyed that we sold him, his game needs to be surrounded by good players, he isn't a leader which is what a team like us needs from a player as talented as him

fwiw, for the Dutch national team he has six goals and one assist in 1850 minutes. He was anonymous in the only game I've seen, the England one.

Even if we have to pass on 5 millions euros, it still leaves a profit getting on for the amount we got from our controversial shirt sponsor. So good business.

:thup: Even if he does go on to do well there, I won't be annoyed that we sold him, his game needs to be surrounded by good players, he isn't a leader which is what a team like us needs from a player as talented as him

Yeah, I think he's a good player, just not big enough as a presence to do much in a poor team. Doesn't contribute anything without the ball either, but I assume Klopp knows that.

Not really, due to amortisation the value attached to Gini is just 80% of buying fee..  Bought for £14.5m (€20m) less one year of 5 = £11.6m but sold for £25m = £13.4m profit less PSV sell on clause beleved to be £4.2m = Net profit £9.2m

Yeah, I think he's a good player, just not big enough as a presence to do much in a poor team. Doesn't contribute anything without the ball either, but I assume Klopp knows that.

That's the interesting aspect for me, he just doesn't strike me as a player cut out for the pressing game. Should be interesting to see how Liverpool get on next season. I'm keen to see whether the Klopp model can translate to English football where the pace of the game is pretty frenetic anyway.