Georginio Wijnaldum

Disco

He's finding it harder and harder to find space as we have no width to exploit, teams are getting men on him and Sissoko and we're not stretching play well enough. Probably knackered too. He was great for a 10 minute spell in the first half, fell off the map after that. Any momentum going forward seemed to stop after Anita went off, he'd actually played some good forward passes that got us opening them up a bit with one-touch moves.

For the great dribbler he is, he's very conservative when up against the full back one-on-one. He should just try and do them.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gini-wijnaldum-reveals-transfer-promise-10674413

Gini Wijnaldum has revealed he was told Newcastle United were building a “new team” when he agreed to join the club from PSV Eindhoven last summer.

Speaking ahead of the tough trip to Arsenal the Chronicle asked Wijnaldum if he had expected to be playing for a relegation-threatened side when he put pen to paper.

Wijnaldum responded: “No, of course not. I spoke with the manager before I came here and they told me 2015 was a bad year and that they wanted good signings to create a new team.

“They want to be a lot of places higher in the Premier League. It’s difficult, three players won’t change a team."

:lol: seems genuinely shocked he's been lied to.

The 3 right players can change a team. We saw that with Bellamy & Robert. Ba, Cabaye & HBA. These 3 aren't the right 3.

Funny how he didn't include Thauvin lool..

Your first example included our best ever manager and your second example only lasted a season before the manager sabotaged it and undid all of the luck that got him the 5th place finish.

Point being 3 players can change a team with a good manager, not without one. Pardew as bad as he was managed to ruin the impact the good players he was handed had on the team and club because he is fucking shit.

I just don't think these 3 first teamers are good enough to make a massive impact currently. Maybe in the future.

Don't want to get into the Pardew stuff but facts remain 3 players brought us higher in the league. If he can manage it, McClaren can with the right 3 players.

I'm being slightly niggly, granted, but in reality it was only Ba and Cabs who transformed things, HBA forced himself in against the managers wishes and was already at the club.