Georginio Wijnaldum

Disco

Quiet at CM, quiet at #10, quiet at a loose LM

He was actually tracking back a lot yesterday and closing space when we didn't have possession. It might not be headline grabbing but he's doing a role for the team there and should get some credit for it. I'm sure he'd much rather be up the other end of the pitch but him and Sissoko have been instructed by the manager to work back as well.

The only thing more you can ask for yesterday is someone getting him the ball with a chance to shoot at goal more. He's done every other bit fine. He was in the right place to receive the head down from Mitro for the winner and could have easily messed that pass up and we'd not be here smiling about 3 points.

Also our best offensive player this season: http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/23

No need to dig up the stats, he's our top scorer by some distance and has a few assists - nobody's denying he's had a massive impact in terms of end product. When he's on the ball he's class but he doesn't influence the game with his touch, passing and skill as much as you would hope given his class.

He was actually tracking back a lot yesterday and closing space when we didn't have possession. It might not be headline grabbing but he's doing a role for the team there and should get some credit for it. I'm sure he'd much rather be up the other end of the pitch but him and Sissoko have been instructed by the manager to work back as well.

I don't know what this has to do with anything. He's been working hard off the ball, aye. That's not the point being discussed. I don't believe he'll be more influential at CM than at LM, he seems to go in and out of games wherever he plays so far. Quietest at CM where he has the most defensive duties.

A loose LM? Constantly chatting utter wet.

I don't know what else to call it. He's at LM when defending but he has licence to move around as he pleases - spending a lot of time in central areas. He's not a wide player in the mould of a traditional winger or even a Sissoko.

You want Wijnaldum influencing the game in an attacking manner as much as possible, getting in the box whenever he wants. I don't think that's possible  at CM in a counter attacking 4-4-1-1 where you really have to pick and choose your runs forward, especially considering the shit defence. Being at LM allows him to constantly get in the box when we are attacking and is harder to pick up as he justs ghosts in.

Saying he's often quiet in games isn't a big criticism, it's just the truth. He's fantastic when on the ball and has brilliant end product. He's had games where for 20 minutes or so he's run the show. If he could do that more often he would be a top top player (and would be sold sharpish).

When we signed him, a Dutch football journo said something like he'd never seen a player dominate games so much with as few touches of the ball as he did at PSV. It seems like he waits for the game to come to him sometimes rather than tkaing it by the scruff of the neck Not that he's done badly, that's probably some of the reason he gets space in the box.

If he's playing on the left and drifting inside, he might benefit from having a proper attacking left back overlapping him and giving him a bit more space and another option.

When we signed him, a Dutch football journo said something like he'd never seen a player dominate games so much with as few touches of the ball as he did at PSV. It seems like he waits for the game to come to him sometimes rather than tkaing it by the scruff of the neck Not that he's done badly, that's probably some of the reason he gets space in the box.

If he's playing on the left and drifting inside, he might benefit from having a proper attacking left back overlapping him and giving him a bit more space and another option.

So basically a goodlooking Kevin Nolan, folks.

So basically a goodlooking Kevin Nolan, folks.

Nah that's de Jong. Wijnaldum can run.

Call me old fashioned, but I would love a left and right winger who have pace and get balls into the box, for a good old fashioned Mitro style forward. I dont see this guy as our answer on the left at all (but still love him)

Guest firetotheworks

We don't have any wide players of that type.

He didn't say that we did, he was stating a preference you relentless boob.

"Everyone within the club wants to build something beautiful"

I wish i could believe this.

The only thing Ashley could build is a crooked bird house with nails sticking out of it left right and centre.