Georginio Wijnaldum

Disco

Aye I would agree that it was primarily those 2. Which further shows the point.  Cabaye helped us be able to compete better in midfield both on and off the ball in comparison to Nolan. Ba terrorised defences. 

None of these lads have had a huge effect on the team.  Win has shown quality in the final third but hasn't made a huge difference in game. Maybe with a different partner we could adopt a higher line with Chancel but as it is he hasn't made a huge difference.  Mitto at times has looked like the target man we've needed but only fleetingly.

Aye I would agree that it was primarily those 2. Which further shows the point.  Cabaye helped us be able to compete better in midfield both on and off the ball in comparison to Nolan. Ba terrorised defences. 

None of these lads have had a huge effect on the team.  Win has shown quality in the final third but hasn't made a huge difference in game. Maybe with a different partner we could adopt a higher line with Chancel but as it is he hasn't made a huge difference.  Mitto at times has looked like the target man we've needed but only fleetingly.

It proves the point in a very limited way. Pardew had the team set up with 8 players defending for their lives and 2 players charged with hurting the other team. It worked for a very short time supplemented by HBA and Cisse at critical junctures that were almost nothing to do with Pardew.

Wijnaldum has already scored more than Cabaye did in a single season hasn't he? He's having an impact, the problem is the team he plays in is an utter horror story.

You're talking about managers I'm talking players. Major difference between the 11th side Pardew managed and the 5th side is better quality in CM and ST in that first half of the season. Didn't score or assist bucket loads but Cabaye's quality on the ball gave us a new dimension and he was better defensively. 

Had we signed a Ryan Shawcross level CB.  Cabaye at CM.  And Remy ST instead of who we signed we would be higher up the league. 

if you traded Colback for Shelvey in our team it would make we'd be a completely different side

Not according to Swansea fans

Them comments have spooked me like, I have to admit. NUFC fans of all people should know that what others think of your players is often massively inaccurate.

I still think he'd improve us, just not by much, would provide some needed creativity some of the time, would be a liability probably most of the time, unlike colback who is a liability all of the time

there's got to be better available though

if you traded Colback for Shelvey in our team it would make we'd be a completely different side

Them comments have spooked me like, I have to admit. NUFC fans of all people should know that what others think of your players is often massively inaccurate.

I think Shelvey is just out of form more than anything. Wasn't that long a go he was top of the chances created list in the league, playing for England and having his performances highlighted on Sky/MOTD every week. He's a huge step up from Anita or Colback IMO, but I think he's the type who needs a really solid DM to cover him and I can't see us bringing in two in the middle.

Incredible close control, balance and movement on show from him today. It boggles the mind that we can have some cracking players but generally be so shit. :lol:

Probably because for every Wijnaldum or Perez we have, we also have a Dummett and a Colback.

I think Shelvey is just out of form more than anything. Wasn't that long a go he was top of the chances created list in the league, playing for England and having his performances highlighted on Sky/MOTD every week. He's a huge step up from Anita or Colback IMO, but I think he's the type who needs a really solid DM to cover him and I can't see us bringing in two in the middle.

Aye, he has the talent if he can get into form, remember a spell last season where he was brilliant, got a cracking shot on him as well. Tiote and Shelvey could be an interesting midfield combo.

Incredible close control, balance and movement on show from him today. It boggles the mind that we can have some cracking players but generally be so shit. :lol:

Probably because for every Wijnaldum or Perez we have, we also have a Dummett and a Colback.

Only seen the MOTD highlights but there was a part when Dummett was running back (Perez ahead of him) and looked like he was running full pelt, but looked more like me running to the bus stop. Embarrassing:lol: