Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Was a pretty bad miss - he looked genuinely confused as to whether to try and head it or volley it and ended up getting his body in the wrong position (which seems to be a failing of his).  As other people have said though - it's hardly as if he is missing 5 or 6 chances each game.  But with out struggles the chances he does miss are that much more important.  I'd be interested to know what the PL average is for chances/goals.

He actually asked the Lino if he was offside as soon as the ball went out. I think that impacted his decision/played on his mind and fucked his execution.

You might point to the fact that a striker should be ice cold mind, and you'd have a point.

I still think he's got masses of ability and like the guy. I sense that goals will certainly come but, there's no question, we need them urgently now.

Guest reefatoon

Was a pretty bad miss - he looked genuinely confused as to whether to try and head it or volley it and ended up getting his body in the wrong position (which seems to be a failing of his).  As other people have said though - it's hardly as if he is missing 5 or 6 chances each game.  But with out struggles the chances he does miss are that much more important.  I'd be interested to know what the PL average is for chances/goals.

He actually asked the Lino if he was offside as soon as the ball went out. I think that impacted his decision/played on his mind and f***ed his execution.

You might point to the fact that a striker should be ice cold mind, and you'd have a point.

I still think he's got masses of ability and like the guy. I sense that goals will certainly come but, there's no question, we need them urgently now.

Don't agree with that at all. He looked over in pure hope that he was offside as he knew he had just missed a complete sitter.

He actually asked the Lino if he was offside as soon as the ball went out. I think that impacted his decision/played on his mind and f***ed his execution.

Don't agree with that at all. He looked over in pure hope that he was offside as he knew he had just missed a complete sitter.

Fair enough. Game of opinions.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt given he's young, from a very different league, first time playing in England and he's shown flashes of good play.

The chances are more plentiful when he plays. He just happens to miss them. We are not losing 9 points because he missed a few chances, when those chances wouldn't have existed without him there as a focal point.

Plenty of strikers have gone on worse runs before coming good for premier league teams. #wait

#wait????

Wait till when April or May maybe when he finds his shooting boots and we are 2nd bottom with a little R next to our name in the table

Or maybe #wait till October when he could hit the net against Burton Albion

This fucker is no good man he's paid to score goals and he's failing miserably he's a fucking carthorse

What difference does it even make if we go down? We're not competing now, we won't compete next year. Playing Mitro and seeing if he'll come good is much more entertaining than trying out some 65 year old loanee.

#wait

Still haven't given up on him. Clearly lacking confidence mind, the way he looked at the linesman pretty much begging to be given offside.

But there is a player in there, a confident Mitrovic in a team playing well would score goals like the header at City which wasn't an easy chance, or the goal v Norwich on a more regular basis. I'd take him out until after the next 3 games though and go with Doumbia & Perez. Give him one or two matches in the U21s even.

I don't know him or anything.  But I get the impression that would just wind him up and knock him down even more.  He wanted the ball for the penalty v Man United and obviously rates himself.  He's not playing all that well and his finishing is pretty poor.  Yet it's not as if he's hiding.

He may be snatching at chances and be low on confidence.  But I think he is a committed player and I don't think that taking him out the team will do him any good.  If Doumbia has trained and looks good to go.  Then start him on Saturday.  But if not, then I'd go with Mitro up top, with the 4-2-3-1, again.

A striker shouldn't worry about that flag coming and should just finish it and worry later. As it goes I wouldn't write him off, I think he has shown great hold up play at times and has allowed us to play off him. He has to start and I think it will come for him as time goes on. We need to be more ruthless from back to front as we just don't take our chances and don't have that drive, aggression and confidence some other teams have.

Unreal the amount of people that just want to write this bloke off. A 21 year old kid who has shown plenty of promise is being written off after 15 PL starts, it's fucking absurd.

It's more the fact NUFC have bet the farm on him scoring goals to keep us in the Premiership. That's not his fault but it's the situation we are in. He may come good given time but we don't have time. I can't believe some of the chances he's missed. You'd expect him to have put some of them away.

All our strikers are poor at putting the ball in the back of the net. A recipe for relegation. We don't really have many alternatives so we keep playing Mitrović. Just don't expect people to accept his misses with ease when the Premiership status hangs in the balance.

Unreal the amount of people that just want to write this bloke off. A 21 year old kid who has shown plenty of promise is being written off after 15 PL starts, it's f***ing absurd.

It's more the fact NUFC have bet the farm on him scoring goals to keep us in the Premiership. That's not his fault but it's the situation we are in. He may come good given time but we don't have time. I can't believe some of the chances he's missed. You'd expect him to have put some of them away.

All our strikers are poor at putting the ball in the back of the net. A recipe for relegation. We don't really have many alternatives so we keep playing Mitrović. Just don't expect people to accept his misses with ease when the Premiership status hangs in the balance.

I understand that but it's not as if we've signed a total no-hoper. I think if he starts tomorrow he'll score, he's just the type to get into a decent battle with that cunt Olssen.

he's the first striker i can remember playing for us *in a fucking terrible team* that tries his heart out at age 22 (?) and does everything right but misses the odd chance that comes his way, i can't recall us ever being so harsh on a youngun before...even tomasson was given more slack and he scored less in his first season and played a fucksite worse

i love him, he's very far from the biggest problem we have

club is broken, fans are broken, imo

It's exactly it, his finishing is so important this season because there is no-one else. It's unfair on him and crap for the team generally.

I think we need to switch to playing 2 up front with someone like Perez or maybe doumbia in front of him and let him try and know ball on like Watford do with Deeney. Play Townsend and Sissoko with Shelvey and Wijnaldum in centre at home go long if we have to and try and use his presence up there to create chances. I honestly think we would be better as a 2 up front and get some crosses in than the current 4-2-3-1 that has never really worked for us. Alternatively tighten up with a 3 in centre mid (Tiote/Saivet centre) with Shelvey/Wijnaldum to the sides (Or Sissoko) Sissoko and Townsend or Perez wide and high up and Mitro centre with Perez and Townsend remit to get as close to him as possible and drop to make a 5 when defending.

he's the first striker i can remember playing for us *in a f***ing terrible team* that tries his heart out at age 22 (?) and does everything right but misses the odd chance that comes his way, i can't recall us ever being so harsh on a youngun before...even tomasson was given more slack and he scored less in his first season and played a fucksite worse

i love him, he's very far from the biggest problem we have

club is broken, fans are broken, imo

Btw, at what point do we recall Armstrong :)

Ideally you would bring someone like Mitrovic in with the view to rotating him and giving him the time to get used to a new league. We've thrown him right in at the deep end, so I do feel sorry for him.

Confident he will come good eventually but we don't have a great deal of time. I'd persist with him and put Doumbia or Perez alongside him.

I don't know him or anything.  But I get the impression that would just wind him up and knock him down even more.  He wanted the ball for the penalty v Man United and obviously rates himself.  He's not playing all that well and his finishing is pretty poor.  Yet it's not as if he's hiding.

He may be snatching at chances and be low on confidence.  But I think he is a committed player and I don't think that taking him out the team will do him any good.  If Doumbia has trained and looks good to go.  Then start him on Saturday.  But if not, then I'd go with Mitro up top, with the 4-2-3-1, again.

Agree keeping him out of starting line up will do him no good as when he comes off the bench he will be bricking it with fear