Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Guest firetotheworks

People on here have been dying for this to tell everybody that they told them so.

:thup: that's what gets me like. Proudly boasting about 'calling it' back when he was 20 and just arrived in the country [emoji38]

Barring a miracle he's finished here like, he's lost his place to Murphy and with no more cups he'll be lucky to make more than half a dozen appearances before the season is up.

I love you Hans, but this is one thing we think the complete opposite on like. I thought he was shit last season and I find the almost cult status that he has baffling, but I'd much rather be wrong about him and thought he'd piss this league along with Perez.

Man, this guy :lol:

Just get the feeling it will always be something with him. If he isn't getting sent off, he's getting cut by someone's studs, or he's getting concussed, or he's taking penalties he shouldn't be and missing, or he's slipping over and missing sitters at the worst time etc etc etc.

Don't think it will work out for him man. Rafa will not put up with this goofy stuff. The kid is a goofball.

People on here have been dying for this to tell everybody that they told them so.

:thup: that's what gets me like. Proudly boasting about 'calling it' back when he was 20 and just arrived in the country [emoji38]

Barring a miracle he's finished here like, he's lost his place to Murphy and with no more cups he'll be lucky to make more than half a dozen appearances before the season is up.

I love you Hans, but this is one thing we think the complete opposite on like. I thought he was shit last season and I find the almost cult status that he has baffling, but I'd much rather be wrong about him and thought he'd piss this league along with Perez.

Same here. Seen precious little worth persevering with since we signed him tbh.

I find it difficult to be angry with him. He's a work in progress and is, at the moment,  without a lot of the things you need to be effective in English football. He might get up to speed eventually but because that mong Carr signed him as our main striker the expectation was and is way above his level.

The guy is just unreliable. The red card early last season put us in a rough position upfront, and messed him up as far as having him play as much as possible early on and settle in.

He then gets another red at the end of last season that puts him in a similar position to start this season, and he ultimately misses his chance to really stake a claim and compete with Gayle, and maybe even get a chance to force Rafa to try and feature them both.

Just idiotic behaviour.

The guy is just unreliable. The red card early last season put us in a rough position upfront, and messed him up as far as having him play as much as possible early on and settle in.

He then gets another red at the end of last season that puts him in a similar position to start this season, and he ultimately misses his chance to really stake a claim and compete with Gayle, and maybe even get a chance to force Rafa to try and feature them both.

Just idiotic behaviour.

Nailed it.

Good/bad/has potential/doesn't have potential - argue till the cows come home. He isn't remotely dependable and we need more than that. He was always the wrong signing.

Since Benitez has signed I agree with what yous are saying for the most part, and he's never going to lead the line here even if he turns out to be good - Benitez started Cisse who was in vile form last season ahead of him because of his movement. He's getting to the age now where it cannot really be used as an excuse anymore and we cannot really afford to keep giving him chances.

I just disagree that he's been that bad :lol: I think there's a decent Premiership forward in there even with his god awful finishing.

It's not even that though, the incessant "carthorse" and "you're not allowed to say Mitro cannot finish" posts do my head in :lol: The same happened with Cisse and it's painful to read.

I find it difficult to be angry with him. He's a work in progress and is, at the moment,  without a lot of the things you need to be effective in English football. He might get up to speed eventually but because that mong Carr signed him as our main striker the expectation was and is way above his level.

Agree with this.

Just idiotic behaviour.

Nailed it.

Good/bad/has potential/doesn't have potential - argue till the cows come home. He isn't remotely dependable and we need more than that. He was always the wrong signing.

Aye basically this.

Since Benitez has signed I with what yous are saying for the most part, and he's never going to lead the line here even if he turns out to be good - Benitez started Cisse who was in vile form last season ahead of him because of his movement. He's getting to the age now where it cannot really be used as an excuse anymore and we cannot really afford to keep giving him chances.

I just disagree that he's been that bad :lol: I think there's a decent Premiership forward in there even with his god awful finishing.

It's not even that though, the incessant "carthorse" and "you're not allowed to say Mitro cannot finish" posts do my head in :lol: The same happened with Cisse and it's painful to read.

I think that's fair, even though I don't like his finishing I've still been reluctant to get shot of him because he's young and might develop. People went way over the top with Cisse as well. He would miss chances, but his movement was great and there was nobody else who could sniff out the space like he did when he was here.

That said, I don't think Mitro is ever going to be a top striker. Murphy is less demonstrative but he does the right stuff better.

I think there's a decent Premiership forward in there even with his god awful finishing.

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Blackadder-Confused-Look.gif

He scored 9 in 34 last season despite missing about 2 open goals a game. He never looked out if his depth at any point either, actually looked pretty comfortable.

For reference England international Bobby Zamora spent over a decade in the Premiership.

I think there's a decent Premiership forward in there even with his god awful finishing.

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Blackadder-Confused-Look.gif

He scored 9 in 34 last season despite missing about 2 open goals a game. He never looked out if his depth at any point either, actually looked pretty comfortable.

For reference England international Bobby Zamora spent over a decade in the Premiership.

:thup:

For comparison Dwight Gayle was at Dagenham & Redbridge/Peterborough at the same age, Daryl Murphy was at Waterford United, Charlie Austin was at Swindon, etc. It's one thing saying he shouldn't be in the team, playing poorly, etc. it's another writing him off full stop. There's clearly something there.