Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Can't believe how often this debate comes round.

He'll be playing in a shit Fulham team next season, might score 10 goals as they get relegated and people will be hanging out the back of him again when he hits another 30 goals in the Championship.

He's in that bracket of player (like Shola in his prime, Gayle, Knockaert and countless others) who are excellent Championship players but lack something to be considered a good PL player. No, he is not good enough for us.

Edited by Dr.Spaceman

Guest HTT II

Mitrovic, like with any traditional style of CF, it’s all about who plays alongside him or off him. He needs that Bellamy type if you like. In the PL anyway. Again Toney can do the traditional CF role, but can spin and beat you or peel away onto runs and balls. Much harder to defend against. Abraham is so good at that, he’d be the one for me. I’d go all out for him in the summer, again proven at every level, home, abroad and at international level. He’s got that balsy type of attitude too you want in a striker.

Guest HTT II
22 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

40 goals and counting in (probable) League-winning Fulham suggest he's really not.

The Championship is not the greatest test of a player, the fact he has scored 40 goals alone, proves that. He’s tearing it up, but in the PL he’s looked like just another ordinary CF, no different to Wood for example…

Guest HTT II
Just now, ManDoon said:

Goals wise for sure but his hold up play was miles better, and his movement.

To be fair I hardly took notice of him after he left us and again, I don’t think he got a fair chance here under Rafa at all.

I reckon he’d smash it in La Liga or Germany for example. He’d also have to take a massive drop in wages though. If he keeps himself fit next season he’ll still get 8-12 goals for Fulham but there has to be a time soon where he gets sick of yo-yoing between the two leagues.

50 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I reckon he’d smash it in La Liga or Germany for example. He’d also have to take a massive drop in wages though. If he keeps himself fit next season he’ll still get 8-12 goals for Fulham but there has to be a time soon where he gets sick of yo-yoing between the two leagues.

I think he should go to the Italian league. Can't believe no Serie A teams have come in for him. He would be a monster over there IMO.

The slower pace of the league would suit him to a tee, and the defensive philosophies over there tend to be more about sitting deep and/or keeping shape, and so he won't have to press as much.

• 8 months later...

“It didn’t work out but that doesn’t mean I didn’t stay in a good relationship with the club and everyone there,” he says. “I was young. I played under a manager who had a defensive style of football. But I never had any problem with the club or the fans. They loved me there. They respected the way I played and they knew I gave everything for the club. I have only the best possible words for everyone at Newcastle.”

It can be unusual to hear a footballer talk this way about a club where he has often felt overlooked and underused. But if Mitrovic sounds like a fan, that is because it is exactly what he is.

“After six months at Newcastle, you find out that everyone has had the same seat for 10 years or maybe even longer. You go out to warm up and recognise everybody in the front row. ‘How are you, my friend?’. I’d speak to people and they’d say, ‘It used to be my grandad going to matches here, next it will be my kids’.

“They live for football, you know? They live for the weekend to see their team. When friends in Serbia ask me about England, I tell them about Newcastle because football is like a religion to these people.

“They gave me the chance to play in the Premier League, aged 20. It’s a massive club and I still support them. Everything that’s happened there, with the new owner and all the money, it’s fully deserved for the fans. They are the best in England, maybe in the world.”

https://theathletic.com/4087929/2023/01/15/aleksandar-mitrovic-fulham-newcastle-exclusive/?source=user_shared_article

Edited by christ

31 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

Love Mitro , he’s an animal 

Just hasn’t got the movement /pace to be top top player. 

He will always score goals with the right service

Hope he has a stinker today though. 

He’s ready for Botmans pocket.

Never stopped loving Mitro to be honest. I never bought the lazy opinion some had that he couldn’t do it in the Premier League given how young he was. 

It’ll never happen but I’d love to see him under Howe given how high we press. Pressing from the low block under Rafa certainly didn’t work for him but winning the ball higher up the pitch could. 

I hope he’s absolutely shite today 

Edited by St1pe

On 20/04/2022 at 11:28, Guest HTT II said:

The Championship is not the greatest test of a player, the fact he has scored 40 goals alone, proves that. He’s tearing it up, but in the PL he’s looked like just another ordinary CF, no different to Wood for example…

He’s scored 11 goals in 15 apps this season, if that’s ordinary then I wish wood was ordinary this season.

58 minutes ago, SteV said:

It’s a shame a has real streak of cowardice/petulance that it seems he’ll never lose as he a lot of very good attributes. And he also appears to have said nice things about us.

Found it hard to dislike him but never really warmed to him because of the above. He’s definitely started controlling it better as he’s gotten older, to be fair to him.

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

Found it hard to dislike him but never really warmed to him because of the above. He’s definitely started controlling it better as he’s gotten older, to be fair to him.

I think in terms of being a red card risk, he’s much, much better now.

However, he’ll still go on like he did against Villa earlier this season when he got Luiz(?) sent off in Gerrard’s last game. That in particular is difficult to champion.

It’s a funny one really cos I’m all for Wilson being a massive shithouse, constantly winding defenders up, I suppose partly in an effort to get them sent off, but he seems to be able to do it in a way that makes you laugh rather than wince.

2 hours ago, SteV said:

I think in terms of being a red card risk, he’s much, much better now.

However, he’ll still go on like he did against Villa earlier this season when he got Luiz(?) sent off in Gerrard’s last game. That in particular is difficult to champion.

It’s a funny one really cos I’m all for Wilson being a massive shithouse, constantly winding defenders up, I suppose partly in an effort to get them sent off, but he seems to be able to do it in a way that makes you laugh rather than wince.

A massive plus though is that he’s been available for 15 out of 18 games this season for Fulham and all of last season for them - that’s what we also need, availability and the confidence they’ll score given a few chances.  

for me - as a squad striker I’d upgrade wood for him all day.

Edited by Gawalls

Just now, Gawalls said:

A massive plus though is that he’s been available for 15 out of 18 games this season for Fulham and all of last station for them - that’s what we also need, availability and the confidence they’ll score given a few chances.  

for me - as a squad striker I’d upgrade wood for him all day.

Really going out on a limb there mind :lol: