Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Look for another target to aim your abuse at. This lad is one of the good'uns.

Where's the abuse? :lol:

He's not ready to lead the line for a relegation-candidate club. The absolute opposite of what we need. We need experience and a proven track record, and Defoe was that player.

He's not ready to lead the line for a relegation-candidate club. The absolute opposite of what we need. We need experience and a proven track record, and Defoe was that player.

And we won't get that player now will we? so get behind the lads that we do have especially this one who actually gives a f*** to the fans and the club.

And we won't get that player now will we? so get behind the lads that we do have especially this one who actually gives a f*** to the fans and the club.

Well said. He's one of the few in the whole squad who would literally put his body on the line for the club. The goal last week will give him confidence, he'll score more before this season is over.

Well said. He's one of the few in the whole squad who would literally put his body on the line for the club. The goal last week will give him confidence, he'll score more before this season is over.

Considering he's a centre forward and there's 8 games left I should bloody well hope so!

Wow what a crapshoot of a post :lol: Assuming a bit much are we? Despite your assertions, I want Mitrovic to do well for us. The fact is, he can't at this moment in time, because he's too raw. He's been bullied off the ball by every centre back in the league, even Shola had more presence than Mitro does for a supposed imposing target man. He can't hold the ball up because his first touch is, again to compare with Shola, as abysmal as his is. In fact the only thing I can see different between Mitro and Shola is the desire to win, and for this I like the player.  I don't even care if he doesn't hit double figures this season as long as he can effectively hold the ball up and lay it off to another player.

As for 'getting behind the player because he gives a fuck', I suppose you're one of the people who were disappointed when we appointed Rafa Benitez and didn't bring back John Carver. Desire isn't everything, it's certainly a factor in performance, but desire alone won't win you games.

I`ll be amazed if Mitrovic doesn`t rapidly overtake the status of Shola Amefuckingobi if he is given a chance to develop here,saying he has less presence as a target man even in his short time here is worthy of a chuckle or two

Wow what a crapshoot of a post :lol: Assuming a bit much are we? Despite your assertions, I want Mitrovic to do well for us. The fact is, he can't at this moment in time, because he's too raw. He's been bullied off the ball by every centre back in the league, even Shola had more presence than Mitro does for a supposed imposing target man. He can't hold the ball up because his first touch is, again to compare with Shola, as abysmal as his is. In fact the only thing I can see different between Mitro and Shola is the desire to win, and for this I like the player.  I don't even care if he doesn't hit double figures this season as long as he can effectively hold the ball up and lay it off to another player.

As for 'getting behind the player because he gives a fuck', I suppose you're one of the people who were disappointed when we appointed Rafa Benitez and didn't bring back John Carver. Desire isn't everything, it's certainly a factor in performance, but desire alone won't win you games.

Who the fuck is one of those people besides some dude made of straw?

As for 'getting behind the player because he gives a f***', I suppose you're one of the people who were disappointed when we appointed Rafa Benitez and didn't bring back John Carver. Desire isn't everything, it's certainly a factor in performance, but desire alone won't win you games.

Who the f*** is one of those people besides some dude made of straw?

Plenty of examples on Facebook of those inclined :lol:

Not any I can recall on here mind.

As for 'getting behind the player because he gives a f***', I suppose you're one of the people who were disappointed when we appointed Rafa Benitez and didn't bring back John Carver. Desire isn't everything, it's certainly a factor in performance, but desire alone won't win you games.

Who the f*** is one of those people besides some dude made of straw?

Plenty of examples on Facebook of those inclined :lol:

Not any I can recall on here mind.

:lol:  Without checking Facebook, I'm pretty sure that literally no-one who wasn't trolling wanted Carver over Benitez.

Hi, guys! Have been reading this forum for some time now, but this is my first post.

As I am from Estonia, I watched today's game against Serbia - and just to keep updated, Mitrovic was not at his best today, unfortunately, had at least 2-3 very good chances to score and around 5-6 shots all around, but aimed each one of them exactly where the 'keeper was.... Serbia get more crosses to him than Newcastle, but he just seemed to be not over confident...

Kolarov scored a cracker of a free kick, and I suppose, the good thing is, he keeps getting the changes and into the right positions, but certainly - as been said before - needs to start scoring soooooon!

Welcome to the forum!

Well I'd rather  he be shooting at the keeper than wide, getting shots on target is the first step, so that's promising.

Well, I suppose.... then again, one was a very clear unmarked header straight at the 'keeper and at least one time he was one on one with the 'keeper. Don't get me wrong, I love the guy, but although I am Estonian, I hoped for Mitrovic to make a mark to give his confidence a boost, just saying it didn't happen. When he was substituted, the commentator rightly said that he had so many changes he should have easily scored a hattrick,.

He's wasted quite a few good scoring chances for Newcastle this season. If he can't score against Estonia when presented with multiple good chances it doesn't fill me with confidence for the rest of the season. Hopefully the goal scoring chances will fall to someone who can take them.

It's not his fault he is leading the line for Newcastle but I don't understand why some people love him. He's slow and wastes goal scoring opportunities but because he gets angry people love him for the passion he shows. Maybe he'll get better after a season in the Championship. I can't see him leaving. He cost £15m. Which club would pay anywhere close to that for a striker with his goal scoring rate?

In hindsight NUFC would have been better off getting Peter Crouch for a couple of million off Stoke. He's better at holding the ball up, winning headers and scoring goals.

True but he's also missed some absolute sitters. He has scored against some of the better teams in the Premiership but he's also not scored against the teams of lower quality. I hope he comes up with the goals to keep us up but I wouldn't bet on it. I'd still play him but I'd have Cisse alongside him. Cisse is a shadow of the player he was when he first arrived but I still have more faith in him taking chances than Mitro.