Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

4 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Not sure 2 less goals in 35 less games can really be put as "The same" tbh

Wonder if they are starts or inclusive of sub appearances. Be interesting to compare mins on pitch to goals for the Prem one.

8 hours ago, hakka said:

Wonder if they are starts or inclusive of sub appearances. Be interesting to compare mins on pitch to goals for the Prem one.

Gayle 26 in 139 - 6063 minutes (1 goal every 233 mins)

Mitrovic 24 in 104 - 6937 minutes (1 goal every 289 mins)

Joelinton 6 in 78 - 5182 minutes (1 goal every 863 mins)

1 hour ago, Shearergol said:

Gayle 1 in 5.3

Mitro 1 in 4.3

Joelinton 1 in 13

Wilson 1 in 2.7

Danny Ings 1 in 2.5

Not sure where I'm going with this :lol:

:lol:

Neither really good enough but Mitro the better of the two.

2 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I'd rather have the guy who scores 1 in 233 than the guy who scores 1 in 289 like. Also rather have the guy who does what his manager tells him to.

Aye, which is why I thought per minutes was a better stat and it's actually shown Gayle has delivered more than looking at it from purely appearances to goals. They both aren't good enough overall though. We need better.

1 hour ago, jackyboy said:

I think when he was here he made a comment along the lines of 'I don't want to use my energy up running around defending, I want to use it for attacking'...

...people

9 minutes ago, hakka said:

Aye, which is why I thought per minutes was a better stat and it's actually shown Gayle has delivered more than looking at it from purely appearances to goals. They both aren't good enough overall though. We need better.

Not really. It just backs up the well known fact that Gayle has more sub appearances. Before our season in the championship I don't think he'd ever been the leading man. Mitro has been the leading man all his career. 

1 hour ago, Happinesstan said:

Not really. It just backs up the well known fact that Gayle has more sub appearances. Before our season in the championship I don't think he'd ever been the leading man. Mitro has been the leading man all his career. 

Not quite sure what your argument is, but both are not good enough for us is the overall decision. It was just noted that one scored more in less appearances, but actually it's the reverse when you consider time actually on the pitch to goal ratio. Both are not good enough whichever way you look at it. 

3 minutes ago, hakka said:

Not quite sure what your argument is, but both are not good enough for us is the overall decision. It was just noted that one scored more in less appearances, but actually it's the reverse when you consider time actually on the pitch to goal ratio. Both are not good enough whichever way you look at it. 

I just remember liking Gayle after seeing him come on as a sub to score goals. It made him look like a natural PL striker in development. Looking back though, I remember a couple being the final goal in a comfortable victory, so a lot less pressure coming off the bench. With the opposition tired and chasing the game.

Edited by Happinesstan

3 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

I just remember liking Gayle after seeing him come on as a sub to score goals. It made him look like a natural PL striker in development. Looking back though, I remember a couple being the final goal in a comfortable victory, so a lot less pressure coming off the bench. With the opposition tired and chasing the game.

OK I get what you're saying which is the nuanced difference to how they've been utilised. I think it would be fair to say if you gave Gayle more time he may have scored more and if you have Mitro more late sub appearances he would have scored less? Unless we're saying Gayle only does it off the bench when we are in top? - to be honest it's a hypothetical not worth thinking too deeply on. I don't want either here and don't value them as Premier League strikers for us.

Edited by hakka
Auto correct

3 minutes ago, hakka said:

OK I get what you're saying which is the nuanced difference to how they've been utilised

More how they were developed. Gayle was afforded the time to develop into a PL forward and has failed. Mitrovic was leading the line for a PL team at 19 or something. I don't disagree with the conclusion that neither has developed into a PL forward. But Mitro still has a chance.

2 hours ago, Happinesstan said:

More how they were developed. Gayle was afforded the time to develop into a PL forward and has failed. Mitrovic was leading the line for a PL team at 19 or something. I don't disagree with the conclusion that neither has developed into a PL forward. But Mitro still has a chance.

People will still be saying this when he's 30 [emoji38]

He's utter shite, man.