Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

That one on one he had was far more worrying than any of the misses. Not even close to being a goal threat, it was actually fairly pathetic. All players muck stuff up, but that was just awful. It looked like he didn't have an idea what to do and as a striker you've got to do far, far more than just win a few headers.

Take him out of our team vs man utd and West Ham and we wouldn't have got 4 points. Crucial in those matches - has a bad game today and he's crap again.

I dare say if you had took him out of our team for every match since the start of the season, and replaced him with a goalscorer (like Austin) we'd have 9-12 more points on the board.

He has 4 goals so far, a header vs Man C, a cracking left footer against Norwich, a 2yd'er vs Spuds and a Penalty against Manure.

I am not sure we would to be honest. He's got a better all round game than Austin (and I think a higher ceiling of ability). We clearly should have bought both but I can see why we went for him over Austin. Happy for this to be quoted in years to come but I'm not convinced Austin will score that many at Soton.

It's worth remembering that Fat Sam dropped Defoe when he took over announcing that in this day and age a striker has to have far more to his game than goals.

Defoe's back in the side and winning points while Sam looks like a loud and stupid arsehole.

If he's "very good" how would you rate him if he could actually finish sitters?

sorry. Maybe "very good" is a bit strong. Maybe i should have said i dont think hes shite. Haha. I just think more than anything that he was not what we needed this summer, i blame the way we do business. Having someone as immature as him as your main man is suicidal. If we were a well run club hed be a backup striker and given a chance to adapt,develop and could in a year or two be the player we want currently

Take him out of our team vs man utd and West Ham and we wouldn't have got 4 points. Crucial in those matches - has a bad game today and he's crap again.

I dare say if you had took him out of our team for every match since the start of the season, and replaced him with a goalscorer (like Austin) we'd have 9-12 more points on the board.

He has 4 goals so far, a header vs Man C, a cracking left footer against Norwich, a 2yd'er vs Spuds and a Penalty against Manure.

I am not sure we would to be honest. He's got a better all round game than Austin (and I think a higher ceiling of ability). We clearly should have bought both but I can see why we went for him over Austin. Happy for this to be quoted in years to come but I'm not convinced Austin will score that many at Soton.

Wouldn't be surprised if Austin finishes the season with more PL goals than our striker.

We actually seem to create a fair few chances, but simply have nobody to put them away. Austin would do that.

If he's "very good" how would you rate him if he could actually finish sitters?

sorry. Maybe "very good" is a bit strong. Maybe i should have said i dont think hes shite. Haha. I just think more than anything that he was not what we needed this summer, i blame the way we do business. Having someone as immature as him as your main man is suicidal. If we were a well run club hed be a backup striker and given a chance to adapt,develop and could in a year or two be the player we want currently

I remember saying this at the start of the season when many on here were saying we need to get shot of Cisse.

Wouldn't be surprised if Austin finishes the season with more PL goals than our striker.

We actually seem to create a fair few chances, but simply have nobody to put them away. Austin would do that.

You might be right - but how many chances do we create because of Mitrovic? He holds the ball up well and brings our attacking midfielders into play in good positions. Austin, from what I have seen, doesn't do that - he's a poacher in the box so he may not be getting that many chances in our team.

He hasn't got a better all round game than Austin at all. Other than possibly some decent hold up/link up play I'm struggling to see what he actually does well. Movement and awareness is poor, he's not very quick or alert inside the box and the less said about his finishing (the most important attribute for any striker) the better.

For all Mitro's faults I think McC got it totally wrong today: Mitro NEEDS a second striker, and Perez should've started alongside him. At least Perez knows how to find the back of the net and has shown to sneak goals in while the defenders are busy handling Mitro's Ballon D'Or-esque game away from goal.

Yeah definitely missed having the mobility and inventiveness of Perez around him today.

It's obvious Mitro has certain strengths and we need to play to them if we want to score through or around him. Didn't do that enough today.

Austin's class, he's mobile as well and decent on the ball, he's not just some wanky poacher.

We can agree to disagree.. But I don't agree. Not much else to say I suppose. I think he's pretty one dimensional. I suppose time will tell.

Yeah definitely missed having the mobility and inventiveness of Perez around him today.

It's obvious Mitro has certain strengths and we need to play to them if we want to score through or around him. Didn't do that enough today.

Yep, picking him as our lone striker is typical of a dinosaur English manager who would do the same if Carlton Cole was in our side. Or Kenwyn Jones.

Guest Howaythetoon

He is s*** like. Its not his fault he is tasked with keeping us up though. Everyone who is involved in the buying process here needs sacked because they are failing massively.

Some people have absolutely abysmal opinions on this guy. Genuinely baffled as to what they expect from him sometimes

Christ. :lol:

It's not what we expect from him, it's what we expect from our main striker. We aren't getting it from Mitrovic, we haven't all season and it's one of the primary reasons we look like going down.

Guest Howaythetoon

Some people have absolutely abysmal opinions on this guy. Genuinely baffled as to what they expect from him sometimes

It's not what we expect from him, it's what we expect from our main striker. We aren't getting it from Mitrovic, we haven't all season and it's one of the primary reasons we look like going down.

I suppose it's borne out of some frustration at being at the match as well. People seem to be expecting him to be closing ppl down, winning every header, laying the ball off, scoring goals - there aren't many strikers who do that and if he could do all that, he certainly wouldn't be playing for this.

Today wasn't his best game, but he missed one chance today. One. And in fairness, he didn't do that badly with it. It wasn't a glaring miss. I'd be interested to know what his actual conversion rate is compared to other strikers.

Just think people judge him quite harshly - he bullied one of the best centre halves in the league (smalling) two weeks ago - he's clearly not shit.

Clearly we shouldn't have ever been in a position where we solely relying on him for goals.