Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Guest Howaythetoon

Forgetting a 21 year old from a foreign country not exactly blessed with pace which is one asset a PL striker needs has been called on to fire the goals to keep us up which is all wrong... he is still shit and that's a fact.

His misses yesterday wasn't someone with no confidence or even ability, it was the sign of someone who just lacks the right metal to be a success at this level.

I think his attitude is suspect as well and a clear indicator as to why he isn't starting. So he tries to rough a defender up, beckons the crowd to get noisier... I see him constantly saunter around half arsed.

Cisse is shit and gets stick and rightly so but since Rafa brought him in he runs and chases his man, shadows and presses space. Mitrovic doesn't.

I'd keep him for the Championship though, he may get 15 goals or plus. As a Premier League striker though he's fucking shit. I'd rather have Cisse. Give Cisse those chances yesterday and we win the game...

It's management's fault we chose to place our eggs in his basket, not his.

He hasn't been good enough this season.

Not much more  needs to be said really.

It's 100% his fault, the chances he has missed.

Aye, hence the second sentance.

Give Cisse those chances yesterday and we win the game...

Cisse had chances yesterday. Still 0-0.

Cisse instead of Mitro on that chance alone with the keeper and the ball still wouldn't have come back down to earth.

I wouldn't call any of our chances, bar Colbacks, clear cut chances. Mitro fluffed the one when he was through on goal, that was some bullshit and he should have done a lot better. The header was decent enough given the cross.

The fact we couldn't create big chances against Aston fucking Villa is a disgrace, but to be honest, that's not really any of the strikers faults - neither Cisse or Mitro. Fucking wank fucking wankers behind them. Fuck. Anita being the only player in our team with a good cross on him says it fucking all.

I can see Mitro and Armstrong complementing each other; like a poor man's version of Shearer and Bellamy. Or should say a Championship version. If they can get used to each other, given their age and probability for improvement, we might just have a decent front two for 2018-19 Premiership season.

Or they might just prove to be premier flops unable to perform against top level defences. We can speculate all we like that Mitro might go on to be a top player or that him and Armstrong might tear up the championship, but it's based on nothing but wishful thinking. I don't know what Mitro did for Anderlecht, but in the premier he has shown no ruthless touch in front of goal. Not a single one that he's scored has shown the opportunism of someone who can get one on one with the keeper and score more times than not.

Yep, they might. However, I don't think either of them have peaked yet/become as good as they will ever be. How many strikers/players do before their mid-late twenties? Not many I'm guessing. So not wishful thinking so much as probability of improvement and being willing to imagine them finding a connection. Biased by the fact I like them both. There should be more time, and less challenge, against lower league teams so they should do better. Should it come to pass, that they ever play together in that league. Don't think Mitro is a 20 goal a season striker, but he's a competent target man. Would have been fascinating to see a Defoe type sniffing around him for knock downs-- if we'd ever dare to play two up front!

As I've said, I'd like to keep him. He's still very young, has the right attitude, and clearly there's talent there. Ideally we'd take pressure off Mitro by buying a proven goalscorer and bringing Mitro off the bench, where he's made an impact under Rafa.

Give Cisse those chances yesterday and we win the game...

Cisse had chances yesterday. Still 0-0.

Cisse instead of Mitro on that chance alone with the keeper and the ball still wouldn't have come back down to earth.

Cisse had one chance yesterday, the high volley hit into the ground which he didn't connect properly with, but it was still on target. The other one which everyone was moaning about in the match thread never even reached him, it was deflected away from him by a defender into Colback's path and he shanked it.

I'm starting to think it might have been better to start with Mitro when we have a cautious approach and then give Cisse the second half when we are generally pushing more men forward and getting more scoring chances.

Cisse is absolutely awful.  It was as if someone had swapped the ball, for one of the beach balls from the crowd.  He had a couple of chances to run in behind with the ball and just tripped over it.  It was like watching a toddler try and run with the ball.  He offers absolutely fuck all. 

Mitro wasn't much better.  Even in the warm up, his finishing looks horrendous.  Back to goal and fighting with centre backs, he looks great.  When it comes to scoring and having a bit of composure, he looks shite.  He is so slow, as well. 

Ultimately, we're going down.  As the mackems have Defoe and we have a useless donkey, in Cisse, that has been shit for a while and a 21 year old, inexperienced lad.  That looks like he could be a better centre back than striker.

Having a goal scorer hides a multitude of sins. 

His play acting is the killer blow. Can't even take a stand for himself.

I've been hoping he would stay on and have the chance to shine next year, but he's now going to be banned for the first, vital, chunk of games.

Can't finish, can't run, can't behave, can't stand up.

Bye bye please.

His play acting is the killer blow. Can't even take a stand for himself.

I've been hoping he would stay on and have the chance to shine next year, but he's now going to be banned for the first, vital, chunk of games.

Can't finish, can't run, can't behave, can't stand up.

Bye bye please.

Shola back?