Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

He'll leave in the summer, become a top player elsewhere, and the people slagging him off will have their 'doesn't matter, he didn't do it here' argument even though he's a kid in a new league, poor team, seemingly being relied upon at the minute to win us the game when that useless prat Cisse does bugger all for an hour. No coincidence we seem to create more as soon as that change has been made during the game.

Bingo

I like him, but he's not becoming a 'top player' anywhere.

Spot on. Was it Porto who we pipped to the post for his signing? Wouldn't be surprised to see him go there and do well in that sort of division. But I'd put a lot of money on him never having a memorable career in the top three/four leagues. He's got attributes and will improve, but he's got a fairly serious case of donkeyitis as well.

He'll be one of these players who will have a a good career if things go for him in terms of having a decent manager and not playing in shite teams that don't in any way play to his attributes.  Some players can just play and make themselves look good regardless but he's not one of them (yet).

As much as I love the kid and would like to see him stay if Rafa is our manager then he's best moving on because I don't think Rafa will bring the best out in him at all.

Thought it was nuts how little we put crosses in. The amount Sissoko, Perez etc were pissing about with it on the touchline.

The one time we got the ball in, he chested it down with ease & laid it off to wijnaldum for a chance. Another header he put barely wide. We had atleast 5+ more chances to cross it in that we didnt bother with. Sissoko trying to chip & hurdle a defender only to put it out for a goal kick was the most laughable. Ridiculous.

I can see Mitro and Armstrong complementing each other; like a poor man's version of Shearer and Bellamy. Or should say a Championship version. If they can get used to each other, given their age and probability for improvement, we might just have a decent front two for 2018-19 Premiership season.

I can see Mitro and Armstrong complementing each other; like a poor man's version of Shearer and Bellamy. Or should say a Championship version. If they can get used to each other, given their age and probability for improvement, we might just have a decent front two for 2018-19 Premiership season.

Or they might just prove to be premier flops unable to perform against top level defences. We can speculate all we like that Mitro might go on to be a top player or that him and Armstrong might tear up the championship, but it's based on nothing but wishful thinking. I don't know what Mitro did for Anderlecht, but in the premier he has shown no ruthless touch in front of goal. Not a single one that he's scored has shown the opportunism of someone who can get one on one with the keeper and score more times than not.

He'll be decent in the championship, will do him good.

True but he's not Rafa's type of lone striker, well that's if Rafa stays of course. Rafa is rather rigid with his 4-2-3-1 with a mobile striker up top.

It's management's fault we chose to place our eggs in his basket, not his.

He hasn't been good enough this season.

Not much more  needs to be said really.

It's 100% his fault, the chances he has missed.

Guest neesy111

Not that it matters to anyone, but his conversion rate has been better than, for example, both Memphis Depay and Theo Walcott this season.

They are both totally shite.

Look, the 2 most important attributes for a striker is finishing and pace. Mitrovic has neither and you don't develop these attributes suddenly. I can sort of understand that he was under pressure and that somehow rationalized his poor finishing, but you either have pace or you don't. Most young strikers who turn to be world class have pace in abundance. If he can't sprint to beat Villa's central defenders at age 21, just accept it that he's slow as snail. That ain't changing anytime soon or ever.

Though not this season, but at least Cisse and Perez gave us a few good seasons and those I will cherish and remember. I will just remember Mitrovic as a slow donkey. Might as well cut our losses and sell him off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although rarer, there are numerous examples of world class centre forwards who couldn't outrun Boris Johnson.

Look, the 2 most important attributes for a striker is finishing and pace. Mitrovic has neither and you don't develop these attributes suddenly. I can sort of understand that he was under pressure and that somehow rationalized his poor finishing, but you either have pace or you don't. Most young strikers who turn to be world class have pace in abundance. If he can't sprint to beat Villa's central defenders at age 21, just accept it that he's slow as snail. That ain't changing anytime soon or ever.

Though not this season, but at least Cisse and Perez gave us a few good seasons and those I will cherish and remember. I will just remember Mitrovic as a slow donkey. Might as well cut our losses and sell him off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although rarer, there are numerous examples of world class centre forwards who couldn't outrun Boris Johnson.

Dzeko is a good ezample of that.

Not world class obviously but a comparison is Carroll who isn't fast by any means. If he stays, I think playing in the Championship to bang in a few goals and get some confidence will be massive for Mitro and will be a huge turning point in his career here, although I do maintain that playing another striker alongside him (maybe Armstrong) will relieve the pressure and isolation on him and also help.

Can't see Rafa changing from 4-2-3-1 though unfortunately.

Not world class obviously but a comparison is Carroll who isn't fast by any means. If he stays, I think playing in the Championship to bang in a few goals and get some confidence will be massive for Mitro and will be a huge turning point in his career here, although I do maintain that playing another striker alongside him (maybe Armstrong) will relieve the pressure and isolation on him and also help.

:thup: Next season will make him or break him if he's still here. There's a player in there, and he gets in the positions to get the chances, but he just looks desperately short on confidence in front of goal to me rather than necessarily lacking instinct. If he can have a season of consistently banging them in it'll do him the world of good

It's hard to play Mitro up front on his own when he's lacking pace, but playing 2 up front doesn't really happen. Not sure what we should do because I do think the talent and passion is there.

The fact is, he's missed guilt edge chances against Villa in both fixtures this season. Chance you should put away at any level. If he scores them then we'd probably be staying up. Couple that with generally all round carthorse performances and other missed opportunities, then he has to shoulder some of the blame or relegation.

Fwiw, I like him and i'd love him to succeed here, but there's no way we should have gambled on him being our main man, evidently.