Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Watching Pelle I can't help but think Mitro could learn a thing or two from him.

but he has nowhere near the natural ability of pelle.

Absolute rubbish

really, do you think so? just watching pelle - he is decent with either foot and is a much better header of the ball. his finishing has greatly improved recently but he's always had a great touch.

It's the same throughout the course of this thread. People saying he's shit or won't be good enough, compare him to a striker at a later stage of his career, when at the same age Mitrovic had done better.

But then relying on potential instead of the buying the finished article is what got us relegated.

That shouldn't be levelled at Mitrovic though. That's the club's doing.

Well I imagine that's why we have ditched this disastrous policy and hired a manager who actually knows how to manage. I've got nothing against Mitrovic, but i'm glad we aren't relying on his goals this season. He's got potential, but that makes him fit to fight for a spot in my books. Nothing more.

There is a 50/50 chance that he either becomes a superstar or not and be patient because it could or could not happen over the next 9 years.

What's the shelf life of potential vs cashing in? Plus factor in the quality of coaching, injuries, environment (including surrounding teammates) and other weird life and circumstantial events. It's next to impossible to predict as we have had some fantastic young talent here over the years that at different clubs and environments might have made a huge impact instead of fizzing out.

Reality is with large expenditure a player, especially from abroad (where stock will linger higher for longer) only has 2/3 seasons tops before we move him on. While a player might well develop into world class over 5/6/7 years what club can afford to keep a player that long when better options in the now exist. When money is based on results and football run by money finding players that achieve their potential is difficult and circumstantial at best and one clubs can only gamble on for so long.