Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

I've seen a hell of a lot of defenders have an easy time with Mitro. Most of them are bigger, stronger, quicker and smarter, for a start. Let's not pretend he's some colossus that can't be stopped.

But at least he moves which was my point. I'm not saying he's  Gary Lineker like.

Guest neesy111

We shouldn't be discounting Murphy based on that one very bad QPR game he had.  I thought he did well the previous games to that one especially vs Rotherham.

A modern top class striker needs one particular attribute in addition to instinct and that is pace - Mitrovic lacks both and although his heart seems to be in the right place the club cannot carry him any more. Even in our 50s team, our main striker had pace in abundance as well as skill and Jackie's initials - J.E.T. - were very appropriate. Supermac had terrific pace and many of his goals came from being able to outpace opposition defenders. Shearer also had pace until he got injured at Everton and that took a yard off him ; he was able to still continue being an excellent CF because he became more of a target man but his instinct for chances meant he went on to score goals for us for another 9 years. Before him we had Andy Cole...

Mitro is never going to be in that category(David Kelly scored 27 goals in 92/93 but was still sold before we played PL football) and although we cannot do without him until the end of the season(many thanks Mr Ashley)I cannot see him being in the side next season...whichever div we are in.

I've seen a hell of a lot of defenders have an easy time with Mitro. Most of them are bigger, stronger, quicker and smarter, for a start. Let's not pretend he's some colossus that can't be stopped.

But at least he moves which was my point. I'm not saying he's  Gary Lineker like.

Moves where exactly? Certainly not into the box when crosses come in.

At least Murphy has the excuse of being in his 30's, whereas the fitness and application for a bloke of Mitrovic's age are nothing short of a disgrace.

Just can't afford to start him any longer. Don't care how old he is or how much he cost or how many goals he's scored in Belgium, his misses are costing us points on a regular basis. He gets a chance and he either blows it because he can't be trusted to control himself or simply can't convert fairly easy chances.

He's had his chance, I'd start Murphy. Mitrovic as third choice and named on the bench, only subbed on as a battering ram if we're chasing it. No time for sentiment, he's not been up to it.

Come on... it's only one game!

Did he miss chances today? There's only one header on the highlights.

His main failing yesterday was not getting in the box to attempt to convert presentable chances from crosses.

I bet the passionate cunt is too scared to get on the end of chances now in case he misses.

I don't think that fear is justified.... it's was only one game, ffs.

Come on Mitro.... do something stupid funny and everything will be forgotten.

At least Murphy has the excuse of being in his 30's, whereas the fitness and application for a bloke of Mitrovic's age are nothing short of a disgrace.

He clearly doesn't have an eye for a chance but in general play he's tons more mobile than Murphy. Contributes way more also.

He clearly doesn't have an eye for a chance but in general play he's tons more mobile than Murphy. Contributes way more also.

You're basing your assessment of Murphy on one game. Mitrović has had loads of bad games. We're sick of Mitrović getting chance after chance and not performing.

Gouffran and Murphy should both be ahead of Mitrović for the striker role when Gayle is out.

We shouldn't be discounting Murphy based on that one very bad QPR game he had.  I thought he did well the previous games to that one especially vs Rotherham.

I thought we were rubbish all over the pitch against QPR. When you can't get the ball into the final third of the pitch it can't all be laid at the striker's door. I've seen games where Gayle has barely got a touch because our football has been so poor. I'd go with Murphy up front against Brighton and just concentrate on keeping a clean sheet. If we get a chance dropping to a striker I'd rather it was Murphy than Mitrovic.

Have to agree with that Tron :thup: And I've been defending Mitro for a while but I just can't do it anymore. It's just not working for him for whatever reasons combined together. I do however think he can be much better than he's shown recently, but we just can't rely on him to deliver. Maybe it could change in the future, whether that's here or not is a different thing (unlikely here)

As much as I like Mitro, it's starting to get frustrating to see him missing chance after chance, stuff that even last season I think he could have put away.

He's short on confidence and he isn't the standard we need right now, if we get up for next season. Rafa clearly doesn't trust him either so the signs just don't look good for him being able to progress his career over here.

Happy to hold my hands up and say I was wrong. Can't win a ball in the air, and Jesus, there were some lovely balls in today he was nowhere near. He's just not good enough.

This. For such a beast he just backs in to defenders and doesnt jump.

Had many chances but fails most of the time, the way he drops into the number 10 slot leaving our midfield with nothing to find is criminal. Perez....fuck me , but Mitro is a busted flush..