Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

I think it's probably a good idea. He's been very poor this season but is better than what he's showing. He was certainly better than this in the Premier League.

Given his age and assuming Rafa wants him to stay then I think it's logical to give him time - assuming we still reinforce our attacking options.

He wasn't better in the Premier, he was exactly the same. His main asset is he puts himself about, but in English football that alone isn't going to get you very far because the defenders can generally cope with it, whether it's in the Premier or the Championship.

'Newcastle still see Mitrovic as a young player and one that they can develop further next season - by bringing in another striker to further reduce his game time :thup:

I've always liked Mitro but if Rafa doesn't have faith in him, which he clearly doesn't, then we should probably cash-in.

Isn't that the opposite of what you do if you have a promising young talent you want to bring on?

He's not exactly a bairn, either, he's 22 ffs.

I think it's probably a good idea. He's been very poor this season but is better than what he's showing. He was certainly better than this in the Premier League.

Given his age and assuming Rafa wants him to stay then I think it's logical to give him time - assuming we still reinforce our attacking options.

He wasn't better in the Premier, he was exactly the same. His main asset is he puts himself about, but in English football that alone isn't going to get you very far because the defenders can generally cope with it, whether it's in the Premier or the Championship.

There is absolutely no way you could have watched Mitrovic live last season and this and say he wasn't much better last year.

He had some very good games for us last season. What has he done this year? A good half v Villa and a couple of games v Preston?

I get a lot of it will be confidence but last season he was a threat in the air and his link up play was decent in between the poor games. I haven't seen any of that in any of the games I've been to this year.

I was a fan of his - I'm not so sure now - I think think keeping him another year makes sense if it's the wish of all parties.

There is absolutely no way you could have watched Mitrovic live last season and this and say he wasn't much better last year.

He had some very good games for us last season. What has he done this year? A good half v Villa and a couple of games v Preston?

I get a lot of it will be confidence but last season he was a threat in the air and his link up play was decent in between the poor games. I haven't seen any of that in any of the games I've been to this year.

I was a fan of his - I'm not so sure now - I think think keeping him another year makes sense if it's the wish of all parties.

If you're willing to credit him for shit like that last season, then you should also be willing to admit his misses cost us a spot in the Premier League.

Before this season started, when there was a general feeling that Mitrovic would piss this league I questioned it because I thought he looked a poor finisher and didn't have a striker's movement for goals. His main asset as far as I could see was his physicality and holding the ball up. There are plenty of big strikers in the lower leagues who can do that. It's the goals or some other quality like pace that sets you apart from the rest. Being decent in the air and having good link up play certainly isn't enough if you play with a single striker like most teams do in the Premier. If you've got one striker, he better be scoring a decent amount of goals.

If you're willing to credit him for s*** like that last season, then you should also be willing to admit his misses cost us a spot in the Premier League.

Absolutely, but that was the major issue with him last season. He missed a lot of chances, he has to take a part of the blame for our relegation but watching him last year you'd have to have pretty strong bias against him to say he didn't look like a striker with potential - if he could sort out his finishing. He wasn't obviously turd like Rivière where everyone knew he wasn't good enough.

My point was simply that he was better all round last season than what he's showed so far this year and on that basis - assuming it's the opinion of him and Rafa - then I think another year for him is logical.

Does not fit into Rafa's system - can you not see it?

That's why I've repeatedly put in pretty much everyone post that assuming Rafa wants to keep him then I don't see the problem.

IF we get promoted and IF we pursue Gray to reinforce the front line I don't think Gayle, Gray and Mitrovic would be terrible options to have in the Premier League.

That's why I've repeatedly put in pretty much everyone post that assuming Rafa wants to keep him then I don't see the problem.

IF we get promoted and IF we pursue Gray to reinforce the front line I don't think Gayle, Gray and Mitrovic would be terrible options to have in the Premier League.

Mitrovic hasn't been a good option in the Championship.

Mitro is behind Murphy in the pecking order mate. Gayle, Gray & Murphy.

• 2 weeks later...

Mitro is behind Murphy in the pecking order mate. Gayle, Gray & Murphy.

Who is Gray?

I think that goal shows exactly why he hasn't done that well since coming to England. The amount of space he was given to take that shot was criminal. The standard of defences in Belgium and some teams internationally is atrocious. I can imagine Shearer taking the same shot while holding off 2 defenders who are trying to pull him down at the same time. Mitrovic isn't clever enough to use his strength anywhere as nearly as effectively as he needs to if that's what his whole game is going to be about.

He had some good, unusual attributes for a lad of his age so we took a gamble and it just hasn't come off yet. Might come good, but the lad seems thick as mince.