Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Guest firetotheworks

I never seen his miss but apparently it was a free header from 10 yards. Every single time he plays you hear the words "he should have scored" and "how has he missed that?". We'll see the highlights later but I think I'd be starting Murphy ahead of him.

I'd have much more sympathy for him if he managed to get his chances on target, like. How he manages to hit some of his chances wide would actually be impressive if it was intentional.

Needs another 5 games to get into form.

Not sure if serious, but fuck this. We're not a charity, we're in dire need of someone in the team who can take the chances he's missing.

Might as well give Murphy a go.

Guest neesy111

Not sure if serious, but fuck this. We're not a charity, we're in dire need of someone in the team who can take the chances he's missing.

Might as well give Murphy a go.

No. :lol:

Trying to fish.

Guest firetotheworks

How'd he do in general play?

I think unless he's directly contributing to goals, the general play ship has sailed for him like.

He's always going to be 5 games away from form tbh.

If his stated role was just to do all the things that he gets praised for on here - holding up, bullying centrebacks, winning 50/50s, bringing teammates into play, etc - then he'd be perfect. 10/10. or 5/7 if you like. But it's not. His role as a forward is to score goals. And he just doesn't. I don't feel like I have to apologize for using that metric to judge him by and to say I find him lacking.

Guest neesy111

If his stated role was just to do all the things that he gets praised for on here - holding up, bullying centrebacks, winning 50/50s, bringing teammates into play, etc - then he'd be perfect. 10/10. or 5/7 if you like. But it's not. His role as a forward is to score goals. And he just doesn't. I don't feel like I have to apologize for using that metric to judge him by and to say I find him lacking.

The excuses people in football make for strikers not scoring are laughable.  Striker = Someone to put chances away.

If his stated role was just to do all the things that he gets praised for on here - holding up, bullying centrebacks, winning 50/50s, bringing teammates into play, etc - then he'd be perfect.

To be fair, he's not particularly good in any of those areas. He 'wins' a lot in the air but the ball generally ends up with the opposition. He's absolutely not a lone striker.

Guest firetotheworks

If his stated role was just to do all the things that he gets praised for on here - holding up, bullying centrebacks, winning 50/50s, bringing teammates into play, etc - then he'd be perfect.

To be fair, he's not particularly good in any of those areas. He 'wins' a lot in the air but the ball generally ends up with the opposition. He's absolutely not a lone striker.

Yeah, this is the thing. His general play is nothing imo. Even at this level he's generally poor in the air, gets dominated by centre backs, and misses out on 50/50s. The entirety of the defence for Mitrovic is he's a bit radge, he's young, and he panders to the fans by fooling people with the rash challenges/pumping up the crowd = effort trick. As a footballer he has nothing to offer at this stage and I'd have Murphy over him every time. 

Guest firetotheworks

How'd he do in general play?

I think unless he's directly contributing to goals, the general play ship has sailed for him like.

That's what I meant like. Was he a factor in us getting back into the game?

:thup:

Would def have Murphy as the striker to play instead of Mitro - he's an older head with experience in this division and I'd have imagined he'd have put away at least 2 of Mitro's misses in the last few matches

Same reason we change the Colback thread title.

But has he had any big misses today?

I guess it doesn't count as a miss if someone puts the ball right across you in front of an open goal and you don't make any attempt to kick, head or chest it into the net.

I guess it doesn't count as a miss if someone puts the ball right across you in front of an open goal and you don't make any attempt to kick, head or chest it into the net.

Well I don't know, I wasn't at the match so I haven't seen anything.

That's the thing, regardless of his chronic lack of form and the missed chances, he should he grafting his stones off on the 0itch to try and put it right, but he barely breaks sweat. Ritchie had a right go at him in the 1st half about it after that low ball in.

He talks a good game but it just looks like he's sacked if off for me, the big baby.