Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

You honestly think a manager of Rafa’s stature bases his team selections on who runs the furthest in training?

He and his coaches will have data on everything - each player’s Vo2 max, resting heart rate, heart rate at maximum output etc.

If the stats consistently show that he isn’t pushing himself as hard as he can in training, would you honestly advocate picking him? That kind of attitude is unacceptable!

Rafa’s word is law at this club, end of. If he says he wants players giving everything in training and he can see that Mitro consistently isn’t then he can’t expect to get picked. All he had to do was work a bit harder and he would’ve been in the team.

What you seem to be saying is it’s ok for players to go against the manager and that they should still be picked regardless. I can see that ending really f***ing well!

You know what, when Joselu does this, you'll be right, until then you're wrong, have a nice evening

You honestly think a manager of Rafa’s stature bases his team selections on who runs the furthest in training?

He and his coaches will have data on everything - each player’s Vo2 max, resting heart rate, heart rate at maximum output etc.

If the stats consistently show that he isn’t pushing himself as hard as he can in training, would you honestly advocate picking him? That kind of attitude is unacceptable!

Rafa’s word is law at this club, end of. If he says he wants players giving everything in training and he can see that Mitro consistently isn’t then he can’t expect to get picked. All he had to do was work a bit harder and he would’ve been in the team.

What you seem to be saying is it’s ok for players to go against the manager and that they should still be picked regardless. I can see that ending really f***ing well!

You know what, when Joselu does this, you'll be right, until then you're wrong, have a nice evening

Umm......no.

I think the point is that when you only have Joselu, who is an absolute dog and Gayle who is not far behind then there surely have been times when a case could be made for Mitrovic. Freezing him out seems very childish to me given our precarious situation when we need all the help we can get.

Guest firetotheworks

:lol: one of his 4 goals in 25 appearances in the Championship there. Meanwhile, the universally deemed not good enough Joselu has 4 goals in 22 appearances in the Premier League. GET.HIM.IN.THE.TEAM

Guest firetotheworks

Mitrovic isn't like Ben Arfa or even Marveaux, that should be clear to absolutely everyone. He's not a player that you can really argue for being picked on merit.

He scores a good goal then rips his top off which is a yellow card offence just for doing something daft like he often has done.

Advocating playing a player who doesn't train well and does daft things which cost the team is not correct my friend.

Even before you factor in the bans his total PL goals vs mins on the pitch is not as good as Gayles.

:lol: one of his 4 goals in 25 appearances in the Championship there. Meanwhile, the universally deemed not good enough Joselu has 4 goals in 22 appearances in the Premier League. GET.HIM.IN.THE.TEAM

Would be interesting to lose the term ‘appearances’ and change it to minutes played, a more accurate reflection.

Mitro has suddenly become a goalmachine, maverick Ben Arfa type 2 days he's been gone :lol: Some posters on this forum, man. The dude fucking sucked balls for us. If he was a goalmachine, even if he'd not trained, Rafa would've started him every game. As would have every other manager. But he's a young lad who struggled with the pace of the league. He's best suited to another country where the pace is slower. I don't know why people are acting as if he was 100% the best striker at the club when even when he actually started, he wasn't any better than Joselu or Gayle.

You have three average strikers - two give their all in training one sits about eating kebabs..Who do you pick?

Clearly neither Joselu or Gayle can score a goal between them.

Kebabs or no kebabs, if Mitrovic coiuld’ve scored a few goals to keeps us in the premier league then give him the ones with extra meat.

You have three average strikers - two give their all in training one sits about eating kebabs..Who do you pick?

Exactly. You'd think Mitrovic was head and shoulders above the others reading some of the responses to that article, when all the evidence is that he's not. He's got more potential I'd say, but if he can't be arsed then he's got no right to complain.

I wasn't being flippant when I said I hope this loan makes him buck his ideas up and we benefit from it next season. Doubt it but you never know.

Clearly neither Joselu or Gayle can score a goal between them.

Kebabs or no kebabs, if Mitrovic coiuld’ve scored a few goals to keeps us in the premier league then give him the ones with extra meat.

So our last relegation season completely didn't happen now. His consistent, constant, legendary misses that relegated us have been excised from collective memory by Men in Black.

Guest firetotheworks

[emoji38] one of his 4 goals in 25 appearances in the Championship there. Meanwhile, the universally deemed not good enough Joselu has 4 goals in 22 appearances in the Premier League. GET.HIM.IN.THE.TEAM

Would be interesting to lose the term ‘appearances’ and change it to minutes played, a more accurate reflection.

Be my guest dude.

Is the one most likely to score, the right answer? Or the one most likely to work hardest? Or, to most precisely comply with his tactical brief?

I don't think Mitro is head and shoulders ahead of the other two but after seeing how shit those two are you can't deny Mitro deserves much more chance than he got.  And I don't think people are saying he is our new HBA - I just think people who trying hard to defend Rafa are portraiting Mitro as super dog shit which clearly he isn't.

The problem is on Rafa. I don't get it. Criticising Rafa doesn't mean want him replaced. Why can't just accept Rafa got some decisions wrong?

Mitrovic is quite comfortably a better striker than Joselu like, we've seen that with our own eyes. He wasn't good enough, Joselu is just genuinely fucking awful.

It sounds like it's his own fault but if we get relegated I think it's fair to say not playing him at all in favour of Joselu was a ridiculous call.

Mitrovic is quite comfortably a better striker than Joselu like, we've seen that with our own eyes. He wasn't good enough, Joselu is just genuinely fucking awful.

It sounds like it's his own fault but if we get relegated I think it's fair to say not playing him at all in favour of Joselu was a ridiculous call.

:thup:

Spot on, incredible that anyone tries to dispute it.

[emoji38] one of his 4 goals in 25 appearances in the Championship there. Meanwhile, the universally deemed not good enough Joselu has 4 goals in 22 appearances in the Premier League. GET.HIM.IN.THE.TEAM

Be my guest dude.

Mitro - 4 goals and 6 assists in 1122 minutes as a bit part player, rarely starting 2 games in a row

Joselu - 4 goals and 1 assist in 1562 minutes with 19 starts

Looks totally different compared to the skewed figures you tried to use.

Joselu has what? 1 goal in his last 9 appearances. I dont care less if Mitro turns up every day to training in stockings and heels, he’s still a better striker and we’d have been better off with him in the team.

Guest firetotheworks

Be my guest dude.

Mitro - 4 goals and 6 assists in 1122 minutes as a bit part player, rarely starting 2 games in a row

Joselu has what? 1 goal in his last 9 appearances. I dont care less if Mitro turns up every day to training in stockings and heels, he’s still a better striker and we’d have been better off with him in the team.

I can't even be arsed tbh. [emoji38] I find the whole pandering for Mitrovic thing proper weird and alien. No one will ever convince me that he should have been playing.

Be my guest dude.

I can't even be arsed tbh. [emoji38] I find the whole pandering for Mitrovic thing proper weird and alien. No one will ever convince me that he should have been playing.

If Gayle and Joselu had been adequate there'd be no Mitrovic discussion. As it turns out, they'll be lucky to match combined this season what Mitrovic has scored in the Premier league.

:thup:

Spot on, incredible that anyone tries to dispute it.

But we got relegated. With Mitro as our main striker. Incredible anyone tries to dispute that.