Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Mitrovic's record for us when he actually played really wasn't as bad as made out, despite some high profile sitters. In terms of minutes played over the last two seasons I mean.

The problem with a tactical system, is chances come irregularly for a lone striker and they'll snatch at them. Mitrovic isn't a clinical finisher and that exacerbates the issue. He does however have a lot of qualities, and adds chaos factor. It's unsurprising that in a very attacking team that regularly, stretches teams, throws crosses into the box etc that he's getting on the end of chances like the ones he's scored today and overall improving Fulham going forward.

Mitrovic's record for us when he actually played really wasn't as bad as made out, despite some high profile sitters. In terms of minutes played over the last two seasons I mean.

The problem with a tactical system, is chances come irregularly for a lone striker and they'll snatch at them. Mitrovic isn't a clinical finisher and that exacerbates the issue. He does however have a lot of qualities, and adds chaos factor. It's unsurprising that in a very attacking team that regularly, stretches teams, throws crosses into the box etc that he's getting on the end of chances like the ones he's scored today and overall improving Fulham going forward.

:thup:

Guest firetotheworks

Glad he's scoring, should have plenty clubs queuing up for him at the end of the season :thup:

:thup:

Guest covmag

don't care what you say, its a fuck on seeing this guy score, whatever you say Rafa has fucked it up.

Our best striker. Wasn't given much of a chance last year either. Rafa has totally got this wrong.

I love Mitro, but Rafa has done f*** all wrong.

We need a striker who is not only a presence up top, but a defender on the front line. Mitro will never close down space, harass CBs or chase lost causes for 90 minutes. I also doubt he has the intelligence to know when to press or hold a position.

We are a counter attacking team that defend from the front and look to break with pace. Mitro can't / won't defend from the front, or not how Rafa wants, and he has zero pace to play on the counter.

Again, I love the lad but Fulhams style of play is to control and attack, not defend and counter.

I can understand not playing him as a lone striker. I can understand not playing him in a two up front if you have someone better but given the way Joselu actually played you would expect the manager to maybe adapt his tactics to what he has.

Tell you one thing, if the obvious happens and we lose Rafa at the end of the season, this guy at Fulham is the one I would chase, I want to see that kind of football his team is putting out.

I don't think it's really about finding his level, he simply doesn't suit Rafa's counter attacking style of play. Mitro who i do like isn't mobile enough and Rafa will never adopt free flowing style. Rafa doesn't trust players enough for that, he does trust in his tactical knowledge and why wouldn't he, multiple trophies in multiple countries tells you all you need to know obviously.

You don't even need to factor in Mitro's daft sendings off, Rafa trust players who work hard within the system he wants played, Mitro doesn't fit, unfortunately.

I don't think it's really about finding his level, he simply doesn't suit Rafa's counter attacking style of play. Mitro who i do like isn't mobile enough and Rafa will never adopt free flowing style. Rafa doesn't trust players enough for that, he does trust in his tactical knowledge and why wouldn't he, multiple trophies in multiple countries tells you all you need to know obviously.

You don't even need to factor in Mitro's daft sendings off, Rafa trust players who work hard within the system he wants played, Mitro doesn't fit, unfortunately.

Thats pretty much it but I still think when Rafa went 2 up front for a while and Joselu was horrible (and his work rate wasn't all that) you try to figure a way that suits what you have.

Thats pretty much it but I still think when Rafa went 2 up front for a while and Joselu was horrible (and his work rate wasn't all that) you try to figure a way that suits what you have.

The Joselu thing baffles me as i think he's pretty similar to Mitro, lack of pace, holds it up OK, wins it in the air sometimes. Joselu not being mental and being able to carry out Rafa's instructions is pretty much why he was ahead of Mitro imo.

Trusting a player is everything for Rafa, you can clearly see it, Mbemba another who he plainly doesn't trust. Also Rafa is utterly ruthless, while extremely unlikely I've no doubt if a player Rafa trusted more than Lacelles for instance. Rafa would drop him a second, while loyal to players he trusts, Rafa is a winner and has such a desire and drive to win things, you have to be ruthless to do that.

The Joselu thing baffles me as i think he's pretty similar to Mitro, lack of pace, holds it up OK, wins it in the air sometimes. Joselu not being mental and being able to carry out Rafa's instructions is pretty much why he was ahead of Mitro imo.

Trusting a player is everything for Rafa, you can clearly see it, Mbemba another who he plainly doesn't trust. Also Rafa is utterly ruthless, while extremely unlikely I've no doubt if a player Rafa trusted more than Lacelles for instance. Rafa would drop him a second, while loyal to players he trusts, Rafa is a winner and has such a desire and drive to win things, you have to be ruthless to do that.

What sort of trust though ? What trust does he have in Joselu or Manquillo or Perez (admittedly Perez to a lesser degree) ?

The trust theory is complete nonsense when Shelvey is a starter week-in-week-out for us like. Same goes for following instructions as Shelvey is one of the worst for his piss poor attempts to track back, put effort in etc. (at times). Mitro with 1 yellow card in 7 appearances so far for Fulham.

Mitro’s fitness/bulking up is clearly not an issue at Fulham either, as he’s playing much more regularly than would be required here without issue. In fact, Fulham fans are raving about his work rate, fitness and goalscoring instinct.

If the issue is the ‘system’, then why the fuck does Joselu get on the field for us? He tries unsuccessfully to play in exactly the same way as Mitro and has proven to be much more ineffective.

We’ll probably never know what the issue(s) is/are, but the bottom line is that our best striker (bar Slimani who hasn’t put the shirt on yet) is on loan at a Championship squad and it could end up being a completely foolish move come the end of the season.

What sort of trust though ? What trust does he have in Joselu or Manquillo or Perez (admittedly Perez to a lesser degree) ?

Instructions of his game plan, if they can't follow that then he doesn't trust them. The players often talk of where they are meant to be when we don't have the ball, within our shape and structure. If players like Mitro and Mbemba especially fail to adhere to his tactics. Failing to do the side of the game that is just as important to Rafa as scoring goals, not necessarily defending but the team has to be disciplined in its shape for Rafa.

Chuck things heard about Mitro not listening to Rafa in training, well you get the picture, you don't do what Rafa is asking you to do then you're history.