Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Guest firetotheworks

KI is unusually quiet.

Do you want me to diarise everything he does even when I've got nowt to say beyond 'good goal' like I did last week like? Or pretend that there's a new debate to rehash yet over two performances and bore everyone in here senseless by being negative about him in a situation that's only been positive so far?

It's been two good performances, great, I hope he keeps it up, but the insinuation that there's any kind of  'I told you so!' situation at play yet because I haven't posted, is so weak it's unreal, particularly as that's what I also want, ye nah, because I'm not 12 years old. You can repeat this whole weird crusading 'Where's KI?' 'Bet KI hates this' patter all you want, but it'll never make the insinuation that me being right is more important to me than the success or failure of a Newcastle player right, like.

:lol:

There’s the bite.

He’s a far better option that Joselu, which you deny - Mitro’s 2 good performances (actually, he’s played well in 3 of his 3 starts, according to Fulham fans themselves) is far better than Joselu has mustered all season.

Mitro continues to prove you wrong, his disgraceful discipline appears non-existant, he’s scoring goals and playing well. You’re the first to run around naked when he’s had a shit game in the past, yet appeared unwilling to come in here and discuss his good performances and goals. Hence why you were called out on it, calm down.

He’ll go on to have a very good career, it’s a shame we’ve restricted ourselves and sent out best striker out on loan (minus Silmani, obviously).

Guest firetotheworks

You've made almost all of that up to give yourself an argument to 'call out' but you're right that I'm truly devastated by his two goals in two games in the Championship, in fact I'm not sure how I'll ever survive at being proven so wrong. Now I'm off to the Dwight Gayle thread to call everyone out after his two goals and one assist in two games in the Premier League, because as a pathetic wanker, that's my priority.

I'm a Mitrovic fan and I'd love him to be banging them in for us but Rafa needs to defend from the front and therefore Mitrovic's lack of mobility puts him behind even Joselu who obviously isn't anywhere near as good as Mitrovic as a striker, but has more worth to how we play.  Especially with our limited squad.

It's why I thought it ridiculous people writing him off. He's got flaws (fairly big flaws) but the way some went on it was as though he was the finished article.

The problem was, and still is, we need the finished article. None of that is Mitro's fault, but it's the nature of playing in the top leagues.

There’s the bite.

He’s a far better option that Joselu, which you deny - Mitro’s 2 good performances (actually, he’s played well in 3 of his 3 starts, according to Fulham fans themselves) is far better than Joselu has mustered all season.

Mitro continues to prove you wrong, his disgraceful discipline appears non-existant, he’s scoring goals and playing well. You’re the first to run around naked when he’s had a s*** game in the past, yet appeared unwilling to come in here and discuss his good performances and goals. Hence why you were called out on it, calm down.

He’ll go on to have a very good career, it’s a shame we’ve restricted ourselves and sent out best striker out on loan (minus Silmani, obviously).

1. He's playing in the Championship.

2. Darryl Murphy was more effective than him in said league last season.

3. Dwight Gayle's goals per game stats piss all over Mitro's. How is he our best striker?

Daryl Murphy would have got 20+ goals if he'd started every week last season in our team. He'd also have been a better option than Joselu this season.

Hate it when people try to make points using Murphy like he was shit. Give Daryl the respect he deserves.  :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

He’s average like, but he’s miles fucking better than Joselu and I don’t see why he’s never really been given a chance unde Rafa other than for discipline issues, but Shelvey gets a chance. Him out on loan scoring and us with an injured loan striker... hmm! Rafa’s excuses why he didn’t play him much at a recent talk in was contradictory as well.

There’s the bite.

Mitro continues to prove you wrong, his disgraceful discipline appears non-existant, he’s scoring goals and playing well. You’re the first to run around naked when he’s had a s*** game in the past, yet appeared unwilling to come in here and discuss his good performances and goals. Hence why you were called out on it, calm down.

1. He's playing in the Championship.

2. Darryl Murphy was more effective than him in said league last season.

3. Dwight Gayle's goals per game stats piss all over Mitro's. How is he our best striker?

The Mitro-moaners said he wasn’t good enough to get goals in the Championship. So now that he is doing so with relative ease it can’t be ‘only the championship’ now. Can’t have it both ways.

2. Daryl Murphy was also given more opportunities.

3. His goals per minute ratio in the Premier League doesn’t though. Which makes a bit of a mockery of your first point.

He ain't coming back.

“I think Fulham needs me and I need Fulham, we both need each other and I’m really happy.”

“At Newcastle, the team there played a compact shape and mostly counter attacked, so this is not where I am strongest.”

“This is the style that Rafa played and I have to accept this, but here I have adapted really fast because we play attacking football with a lot of crosses and balls into the box and around it too.”

It's pretty simple. If Rafa didn't have any integrity, Mitrovic would have been ahead of Joselu this season.

Mitrovic was/is not being left out due to on pitch discipline issues. He is being left out due to lacklusture attitude to training between games. Whether that ends up hurting us in the end is left to see, but I believe Rafa has made the right choice in showing all the other players that what they do in training is rewarded. Even if we had better results short term, the attitude that it doesn't really matter what you do in traning as long as you are the better player will most likely have worse long term effect.

I struggle to see how anyone can justify Joselu being a better player than Mitrovic, but I also struggle to see how anyone can be advocating using Mitro ahead of Joselu based on the information we have.