Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

The trust theory is complete nonsense when Shelvey is a starter week-in-week-out for us like. Same goes for following instructions as Shelvey is one of the worst for his piss poor attempts to track back, put effort in etc. (at times). Mitro with 1 yellow card in 7 appearances so far for Fulham.

Mitro’s fitness/bulking up is clearly not an issue at Fulham either, as he’s playing much more regularly than would be required here without issue. In fact, Fulham fans are raving about his work rate, fitness and goalscoring instinct.

If the issue is the ‘system’, then why the fuck does Joselu get on the field for us? He tries unsuccessfully to play in exactly the same way as Mitro and has proven to be much more ineffective.

We’ll probably never know what the issue(s) is/are, but the bottom line is that our best striker (bar Slimani who hasn’t put the shirt on yet) is on loan at a Championship squad and it could end up being a completely foolish move come the end of the season.

Well that would be why for quite a long spell Shelvey couldn't get in the team could he. Pretty sure Rafa has talked about Shelvey beginning to understand what he wants from him. While he's not quite doing it just how Rafa probably would like, Rafa sees Shelvey really is our best attacking option from midfield in getting it forward.

Say we stay up and the club is sold, Rafa has some money to spend, i've no doubts that Shelvey would be out on his ear if he doesn't continue to carry on understanding and following what Rafa expects of him. Just saying how i see it.

The trust theory is complete nonsense when Shelvey is a starter week-in-week-out for us like. Same goes for following instructions as Shelvey is one of the worst for his piss poor attempts to track back, put effort in etc. (at times). Mitro with 1 yellow card in 7 appearances so far for Fulham.

Mitro’s fitness/bulking up is clearly not an issue at Fulham either, as he’s playing much more regularly than would be required here without issue. In fact, Fulham fans are raving about his work rate, fitness and goalscoring instinct.

If the issue is the ‘system’, then why the fuck does Joselu get on the field for us? He tries unsuccessfully to play in exactly the same way as Mitro and has proven to be much more ineffective.

We’ll probably never know what the issue(s) is/are, but the bottom line is that our best striker (bar Slimani who hasn’t put the shirt on yet) is on loan at a Championship squad and it could end up being a completely foolish move come the end of the season.

Well that would be why for quite a long spell Shelvey couldn't get in the team could he. Pretty sure Rafa has talked about Shelvey beginning to understand what he wants from him. While he's not quite doing it just how Rafa probably would like, Rafa sees Shelvey really is our best attacking option from midfield in getting it forward.

Say we stay up and the club is sold, Rafa has some money to spend, i've no doubts that Shelvey would be out on his ear if he doesn't continue to carry on understanding and following what Rafa expects of him. Just saying how i see it.

Oh aye, I definitely agree with the last paragraph and I’ve said it myself.

Shelvey was sent off against Everton, then hoyed straight back into the team. He’s been sent off twice this season, one of which to our huge detriment (Spurs at home). Why make an example of Mitro and banish him from the team, yet continue to play Shelvey?

This is Shelvey who has 0 goals and 0 assists in the league this season like and has been pathetic to say the least during some goals we’ve conceded. Merino is a much more suitable alternative to Shelvey then Joselu is to Mitro.

Oh aye, I definitely agree with the last paragraph and I’ve said it myself.

Shelvey was sent off against Everton, then hoyed straight back into the team. He’s been sent off twice this season, one of which to our huge detriment (Spurs at home). Why make an example of Mitro and banish him from the team, yet continue to play Shelvey?

This is Shelvey who has 0 goals and 0 assists in the league this season like and has been pathetic to say the least during some goals we’ve conceded. Merino is a much more suitable alternative to Shelvey then Joselu is to Mitro.

Aye Shelvey does seem to get different treatment. Maybe the fact he now has a life coach is it ? and is trying to do what Rafa wants, maybe Rafa had something to do with Shelvey getting help.

The Shelvey no goals no assists thing, that runs through our whole midfield with the exception of Ritchie's assists, the lack of goals from our midfield is a disgrace to be honest. I yearn for a Gary Speed, Laurent Robert or Nobby to hoy a few in from midfield.

Nearly all those accusations for Mitro here are proven wrong and what's left is only "he doesn't suit Rafa system". Who knows why Joselu can fit in then?

As I said, admit Rafa has fucked it up doesn't mean saying Rafa out, how about just stop defending Rafa at all cost?

I'm not defending Rafa, i'm just giving reasons as to why he doesn't trust Mitro. I'm also one to be quite critical of Rafa at times, still love him though. And fwiw i would play Mitro, i think he can and will be very good player and am quite a fan of his, unfortunately that's not how Rafa sees it i think.

I don't think it's really about finding his level, he simply doesn't suit Rafa's counter attacking style of play. Mitro who i do like isn't mobile enough and Rafa will never adopt free flowing style. Rafa doesn't trust players enough for that, he does trust in his tactical knowledge and why wouldn't he, multiple trophies in multiple countries tells you all you need to know obviously.

You don't even need to factor in Mitro's daft sendings off, Rafa trust players who work hard within the system he wants played, Mitro doesn't fit, unfortunately.

Thats pretty much it but I still think when Rafa went 2 up front for a while and Joselu was horrible (and his work rate wasn't all that) you try to figure a way that suits what you have.

The Joselu thing baffles me as i think he's pretty similar to Mitro, lack of pace, holds it up OK, wins it in the air sometimes. Joselu not being mental and being able to carry out Rafa's instructions is pretty much why he was ahead of Mitro imo.

Trusting a player is everything for Rafa, you can clearly see it, Mbemba another who he plainly doesn't trust. Also Rafa is utterly ruthless, while extremely unlikely I've no doubt if a player Rafa trusted more than Lacelles for instance. Rafa would drop him a second, while loyal to players he trusts, Rafa is a winner and has such a desire and drive to win things, you have to be ruthless to do that.

What sort of trust though ? What trust does he have in Joselu or Manquillo or Perez (admittedly Perez to a lesser degree) ?

Instructions of his game plan, if they can't follow that then he doesn't trust them. The players often talk of where they are meant to be when we don't have the ball, within our shape and structure. If players like Mitro and Mbemba especially fail to adhere to his tactics. Failing to do the side of the game that is just as important to Rafa as scoring goals, not necessarily defending but the team has to be disciplined in its shape for Rafa.

Chuck things heard about Mitro not listening to Rafa in training, well you get the picture, you don't do what Rafa is asking you to do then you're history.

I 'd wonder about what Joselu follows (that benefits NUFC) that Mitrovic doesn't compared to the trade off of what Mitrovic can give us in return.

Within this I'll say again I think the players are shit scared of being dropped so wont brake tactics even when they know it's wrong, they'd rather lose than cross Rafa.

I don't think it's really about finding his level, he simply doesn't suit Rafa's counter attacking style of play. Mitro who i do like isn't mobile enough and Rafa will never adopt free flowing style. Rafa doesn't trust players enough for that, he does trust in his tactical knowledge and why wouldn't he, multiple trophies in multiple countries tells you all you need to know obviously.

You don't even need to factor in Mitro's daft sendings off, Rafa trust players who work hard within the system he wants played, Mitro doesn't fit, unfortunately.

Thats pretty much it but I still think when Rafa went 2 up front for a while and Joselu was horrible (and his work rate wasn't all that) you try to figure a way that suits what you have.

The Joselu thing baffles me as i think he's pretty similar to Mitro, lack of pace, holds it up OK, wins it in the air sometimes. Joselu not being mental and being able to carry out Rafa's instructions is pretty much why he was ahead of Mitro imo.

Trusting a player is everything for Rafa, you can clearly see it, Mbemba another who he plainly doesn't trust. Also Rafa is utterly ruthless, while extremely unlikely I've no doubt if a player Rafa trusted more than Lacelles for instance. Rafa would drop him a second, while loyal to players he trusts, Rafa is a winner and has such a desire and drive to win things, you have to be ruthless to do that.

What sort of trust though ? What trust does he have in Joselu or Manquillo or Perez (admittedly Perez to a lesser degree) ?

Instructions of his game plan, if they can't follow that then he doesn't trust them. The players often talk of where they are meant to be when we don't have the ball, within our shape and structure. If players like Mitro and Mbemba especially fail to adhere to his tactics. Failing to do the side of the game that is just as important to Rafa as scoring goals, not necessarily defending but the team has to be disciplined in its shape for Rafa.

Chuck things heard about Mitro not listening to Rafa in training, well you get the picture, you don't do what Rafa is asking you to do then you're history.

I 'd wonder about what Joselu follows (that benefits NUFC) that Mitrovic doesn't compared to the trade off of what Mitrovic can give us in return.

Within this I'll say again I think the players are shit scared of being dropped so wont brake tactics even when they know it's wrong, they'd rather lose than cross Rafa.

I wouldn't think they would rather lose, they're still trying but as you say some of Rafa decisions are somewhat baffling. On the flip side, i for one was complaining about how Ritchie should be dropped before the Man Utd game, he scores and we win. Rafa may get things wrong now and again but given the tools he will win a trophy, I'll take that in the long run like.

i love him as a player. his character and presence is something that our current strikers lack. i have no problems if Rafa didn't think he's someone that suits Rafa's style but seeing that our current lot are firing blanks and Mitro's on fire, then right now, we're the one at loss.

Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic:

"He [Aleksandar Mitrovic] is a quality player, he has started well with us. He is a proper striker that we have been looking for.

Sheffield United manager Chris Wilder:

"Mitrovic is an outstanding player and thankfully we won't be coming up against him in the next 11 games. He's going to the World Cup, Newcastle paid what for him? £15m? He should be playing in the Premier League.

He should be but our manager would rather play Joselu

Our manager doesn’t structure his tactics/methods around what he has got, at least not to the extent of doing so with players who deviate from his preferred system. This has never seemed to be his way of working. It is method and team functioning over playing to individual strengths approach. He’s methodical, always has been, had success doing so, always will be the same. Football is a game of chess to him. A manager more focussed on the individual, on making who you have feel like a giant amongst men, sending them out pumped up to do their thing, create havoc, express themselves (alreet Kev), would have surely used Mitro this season, given the other options. He doesn’t fit for Rafa. Maybe he will re-consider if Mitro shows a consistency and reliability at Fulham he hasn’t shown here. I doubt it though.

Nearly all those accusations for Mitro here are proven wrong and what's left is only "he doesn't suit Rafa system". Who knows why Joselu can fit in then?

As I said, admit Rafa has fucked it up doesn't mean saying Rafa out, how about just stop defending Rafa at all cost?

Joselu does what he's told. Mitrovic himself has said that Rafa's system doesn't suit him, he needs more support up front. Mitro is showing he can score goals at that level given that support, but he won't get it at Newcastle unless we have a more attacking manager. He didn't thrive under McClaren either because he played a very defensive formation as well.

What we are seeing is that Mitrovic could possibly be the highly rated striker that we hoped he would be when we signed him. He'd still need to confirm that by playing in the top division under a manager who could get the best out of him, but it's encouraging.

Sure, but that’s not really the question.

I trust Rafa implicitly but I can’t help thinking the club would have benefited from giving Mitro more of a chance. Guess it’s a moot point, given that Rafa sees him every day and has made the call he has.

It’s just hard to fully accept given how bad our striking options are.

Guest Howaythetoon

Sure, but that’s not really the question.

I trust Rafa implicitly but I can’t help thinking the club would have benefited from giving Mitro more of a chance. Guess it’s a moot point, given that Rafa sees him every day and has made the call he has.

It’s just hard to fully accept given how bad our striking options are.

Rafa's not a disciplinarian in the typical sense, but his values are so ingrained that you might as well immediately pack your bags if you ever defy him. That's clearly what happened and Mitro will never get another chance for us, so I'm relieved to see him (and Colback, if Forest fans are to be believed) adding some pence to their price tags. Good luck to him, looks a great fit for Fulham and it's clearly been a good move for all parties.

Colback and Mitro were made examples of by the looks of things, defining the culture of the dressing room. The squad's general discipline, rigidity and determination has won us most of our points so far imo... but by the same token, the pish strikers have ultimately cost us points. So it's swings and roundabouts in terms of the result, imo, but I'll always trust Rafa in the long run.

It frustrates me seeing him at Fulham because I've always been a fan of his and think a sustained run in our team would have us several points better off now. Ah well, life happens!

And then we die.