Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Will gan absolutely radge, if we're relegated, and Mitro bangs in double figures for Fulham tbf.

My Fulham mate is furious why we didn't let them have Mitro back in August or they must be top of the table already. 

On the other hand he is very pleased they dodged Gayle.

Will gan absolutely radge, if we're relegated, and Mitro bangs in double figures for Fulham tbf.

My Fulham mate is furious why we didn't let them have Mitro back in August or they must be top of the table already. 

Eh? It's almost like last season never actually happened.

Or maybe it's like one of them is a developng youngster and the other has reached his peak.

Or maybe it's like one of them is a developng youngster and the other has reached his peak.

I think Gayle would score a fair few more in an attacking line up as well mind. He did alright last season before his injury.

It's just a 6 month loan we're talking about, surely they want the player at their peak now?

It's just a 6 month loan we're talking about, surely they want the player at their peak now?

They wanted Gayle on a permanent transfer. He may well have got them promoted, but going forward, and with the benefit of hindsight his performances this season suggest he's on a downward spiral.

Current Mitro >>> Peak Gayle

Controversial because they are playing at different levels and Mitro is playing for a team playing to his strengths.

But from the perspective of the Fulham fan, would I rather we had spent £15 million for the last 3 years of Gayle's career, or have the option of getting Mitrovic at the beginning of his?

It's a no-brainer, whether last season happened or not.

Controversial because they are playing at different levels and Mitro is playing for a team playing to his strengths.

But from the perspective of the Fulham fan, would I rather we had spent £15 million for the last 3 years of Gayle's career, or have the option of getting Mitrovic at the beginning of his?

You can’t really bash Mitro with last season as he didn’t play the same amount as Gayle.

You can’t really bash Mitro with last season as he didn’t play the same amount as Gayle.

I'm not bashing Mitro. I'm supporting the view of Zero's mate, the Fulham fan. I should have probably said "the FINAL 3 years of Gayle's career".

Gayle was an absolute beast last season like :lol:

Think it a bit of a stretch for Mitrovic to do the same, he (Gayle) would have comfortably broken the Championship record if he stayed fit.

Will be interesting to see how many Mitro ends up with.

So people, Rafa or Mitrovic? In who do you trust?

Rafa for me everytime - no question.

You can be for Rafa and also disagree with his stance on any player( not just Mitrovic), it isn't that black and white.

For example, i think Merino should be getting more game time than he has since his return from injury but doesn't mean i'm against Rafa or anything silly like that.

Gayle is an absolut beast in the Championship like :lol:

Think it a bit of a stretch for Mitrovic to do the same, he (Gayle) would have comfortably broken the Championship record if he stayed fit.

Indubitably. And he would likely have done the same for Fulham if he had signed, but then he is back to the Premier where he is average (based on this season) and will most likely be moved on, which presents the problem of finding a replacement and getting the to settle.

As things have turned out, if they get promoted and sign Mitrovic on a permanent deal, they have a promising youngster already ready to go.

Gayle was like a goal every 85 minutes or so before his injuries, whatever Mitro gets it’ll be a long way off that.

It's all irrelevant anyway. The ones who don't like him will still bang the "It's only the championship" drum and the ones that like him will still bang the "better than Joselu" drum and neither camp will ever change their mind.

Gayle was like a goal every 85 minutes or so before his injuries, whatever Mitro gets it’ll be a long way off that.

Plus Gayle did it over half a season before the injury, not a run of a few games. Fair play to Mitro, but you can't use a few goals to knock Gayle's performance.

Gayle is an absolut beast in the Championship like :lol:

Indubitably. And he would likely have done the same for Fulham if he had signed, but then he is back to the Premier where he is average (based on this season) and will most likely be moved on, which presents the problem of finding a replacement and getting the to settle.

As things have turned out, if they get promoted and sign Mitrovic on a permanent deal, they have a promising youngster already ready to go.

They’d be better off just signing another striker though.

It's all irrelevant anyway. The ones who don't like him will still bang the "It's only the championship" drum and the ones that like him will still bang the "better than Joselu" drum and neither camp will ever change their mind.

:lol: :thup:

Plus Gayle did it over half a season before the injury, not a run of a few games. Fair play to Mitro, but you can't use a few goals to knock Gayle's performance.

I don’t know how «will be exciting to see how many Mitro gets» turns into «Mitro is scoring more than Gayle» tbh.

Who really cares if joselu runs around like a blue arsed fly in training?

Rafa, the coaches, Joselus teammates and some supporters.

If Shelvey see that Mitrovic is being picked ahead of Joselu when Joselu out performs him in training, maybe he too will put in less effort because he knows he will get picked anyway. Lascelles see that Shelvey and Mitro are picked ahead of Joselu and Merino/Hayden and puts in less effort etc etc. Joselu gets angry that he is not picked and stops making any effort because why should he if he isn't getting picked anyway. Poor training results in poor match performances and we go down.

One of the few advantages we have this season is fighting attitude and team spirit. I don't see why Rafa would risk spoiling that in order to accommodate one player.

I don't believe thinking in terms of Mitrovic v Joselu is all that constructive tbh. Where one has to been made out as less for the other to be more. Joselu does a different job, and some including the manager, coaching staff & players I presume would argue he has done it well enough for the most part. 'It's only the championship' is also not really a worthwhile point as the same could be applied to Dwight Gayle who has hardly set the world alight in the Premier League ever despite being quality in the Championship. I think it's more constructive to think of them individually and what they bring/could have brought to the team with recognition that all three of them have obvious positives & negatives. Joselu has scored a few important goals, worked very hard for the team & been lacklustre at times too, the same can very much be applied to Dwight Gayle who goes missing far to much to be a leading striker for us. Mitrovic on the other hand has had glimpses of action for us this season and arguably made us look a more potent attacking side on those occasions. I think the frustrations & questions come about through the thought of 'what if', as there's much evidence that points towards the feeling that if he was given a run in the side, he would have likely matched or bettered the other two scoring wise whilst also allowing us to take advantage of his direct style in a team consisting of poor passers of the ball and not much creativity generally speaking. Slimani could provide that if he gets himself fit in time, but now that Mitrovic is showing his worth and the ability to hit form despite not even being match fit - of course questions are going to be asked as understandably so I'd say. Not that they're all that useful at this present time mind. And not that he would have been guaranteed to make much of a difference either.

As an aside, and imo, going forward as a team I'd much rather keep hold of Mitrovic than the other two, I think Gayle & Joselu have pretty much reached their ceiling in the Premier League, where as Mitrovic is a young, promising player and more of an unknown quantity. You also cannot ignore the positive signs shown in his first season here when he was actually given a run. On the other hand, if Rafa doesn't see him as a player who can play in the system he sees fit, than obviously Mitrovic has to move on, but that doesn't mean he was/is poor in any way shape or form really.