Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

The fee we got for him was pathetic in this market and I expect him to get close to 20 goals this season. One thing I've always disagreed with Benitez on is Mitrovic.

Me too but to be fair Rafa must of had the belief that he would be allowed to spend big on his replacement

He's not stupid. I'd be shocked if he expected that, he's been here long enough to know how it works now. He should have came out and just said he dosent have the mitrovic money to spend as people think he did/does

Guest chopey

The fee we got for him was pathetic in this market and I expect him to get close to 20 goals this season. One thing I've always disagreed with Benitez on is Mitrovic.

Me too but to be fair Rafa must of had the belief that he would be allowed to spend big on his replacement

He's not stupid. I'd be shocked if he expected that, he's been here long enough to know how it works now. He should have came out and just said he dosent have the mitrovic money to spend as people think he did/does

In that case Rafa has made a mistake and weakened his squad

Even if he knew there would be no replacement he would have sold him IMO, he simply didn't want him in his team. My suspicion is that there was a personality clash of some sort and that it had nothing to do with his ability, but we'll probably never know.

Without a significant spend on quality players we were never going to be able to play a style of football that would work with Mitrovic. Rafa said this last year.

Fulham with the likes of Cairney and Sessengnon already and then added Seri and Schurrle.

Sadly, Mike Ashley's version of Newcastle United is unwilling to compete with clubs such as Fulham.

Without a significant spend on quality players we were never going to be able to play a style of football that would work with Mitrovic. Rafa said this last year.

Fulham with the likes of Cairney and Sessengnon already and then added Seri and Schurrle.

Sadly, Mike Ashley's version of Newcastle United is unwilling to compete with clubs such as Fulham.

But then why have we signed Rondon if style was the issue?

Supposedly Rondon is a lot more mobile according to those who've watched him at previous clubs. I see no sign of it tbh, he looks about the same as Mitro on current appearances.

Yes but dont forget  mike pocketed 20 million while rondon is a loan

Yeah that's what I don't get. Rondon looks as slow as Mitro with similar if not worse hold up play.

I am not going to make any snap judgements yet about the Mitro sale, I was backing Rafa's knowledge about strikers for the sale. Mitro has started well, but ultimately Joselu is only one behind and he's had less service and time on the pitch. But if Mitro does continue to score goals, and gets more than Rondon, which looks likely, then you have to say that it would be a massive error of judgement from Rafa.

Yeah that's what I don't get. Rondon looks as slow as Mitro with similar if not worse hold up play.

Impossible to judge rondon on the times he’s spent on the pitch for us to far. Felt sorry for the bloke yesterday.

It was never mitro' s style of play that was the issue, benitez didnt trust his temperament

I think if he rated his goal scoring ability a bit higher he'd have found a way to work on the temperament.

The thing for me is, I like Mitrovic and think he will grow to be a very decent player, but say we'd have bought Plea, I'd not be that bothered he was sold. But the fact we have Rondon instead of him, makes the sale hard to take

This ^

The thing for me is, I like Mitrovic and think he will grow to be a very decent player, but say we'd have bought Plea, I'd not be that bothered he was sold. But the fact we have Rondon instead of him, makes the sale hard to take

This ^

We’ll spend big on a number 9 in summer though. Someone like Troy deeney.

It was never mitro' s style of play that was the issue, benitez didnt trust his temperament

I think if he rated his goal scoring ability a bit higher he'd have found a way to work on the temperament.

Exactly, he's sorted Shelvey out and Shelvey is basically properly mental, Broadmoor mental.

Mitrovic didn't do the things Rafa asked him to do so he was never going to play - not training hard enough, not losing weight, not making the right runs etc. (apparently)

The fault is Mitro's not Rafa's. If he wanted to play he could've done.

Those of you who think a manager should bend to accommodate a player, even one you rate, are crazy! If Rafa has done that he would've lost all integrity and respect from the rest of the squad. At a professional club the manager is in charge fullstop. If he asks you to do something you do it. If not you can't expect to play.

Easy for you to say being admin :lol: anyone else gets slaughtered for differ in opinion of Rafas choices. But, I would say Mitro was good in the prem first time around, did he not bag 9 in his debut season, in a shambles of a side and with a shambles of a manager?

I did agree on him being dropped for most of our championship season,  he just never looked like he would get going down there, but then proved in a short loan he could score at that level last season. I expected Rafa to use him this season,  but like what is going on behind the scenes now with Lascelles etc, if it's kept behind closed doors we just don't know what Mitro has done to annoy Rafa, it is to be more of a personal issue than a playing one, because to be fair to Mitro he's gone out on loan applied himself and done well, then gone out to a world cup, and now returned signed to Fulham and hit the ground running. I think if you cross Rafa you get frozen out, so you basically have to be on your best behaviour at all times and not question his decisions.

Easy for you to say being admin :lol: anyone else gets slaughtered for differ in opinion of Rafas choices.

No they don't :lol:

I disagree with letting Mitro go, I think Rafa made a mistake with him and he'll turn out to be a pretty good PL striker.  Certainly better than anyone we're likely to sign anytime soon but what can you do?  Rafa didn't fancy him and that's pretty much all there is to it.

Mitrovic didn't do the things Rafa asked him to do so he was never going to play - not training hard enough, not losing weight, not making the right runs etc. (apparently)

Those of you who think a manager should bend to accommodate a player, even one you rate, are crazy! If Rafa has done that he would've lost all integrity and respect from the rest of the squad. At a professional club the manager is in charge fullstop. If he asks you to do something you do it. If not you can't expect to play.

I suppose the answer to that would be, if he's such a dodgy character, how come the guy at Fulham is managing him quite easily? But it's early days, I suppose we'll know better by about halfway through the season.

I suppose the answer to that would be, if he's such a dodgy character, how come the guy at Fulham is managing him quite easily? But it's early days, I suppose we'll know better by about halfway through the season.

Different expectations of what players should and shouldn't do. He wasn't a good fit for Rafa but he is for this new guy.

Given Rafa has won everything there is to win, you'd have to say his methods are pretty solid. 

If Mitrovic is a poor trainer, or badly disciplined regarding weight issues and so on, I don't see how having a fellow Serb as a manager would make a difference. Either he has an attitude problem, or the Fulham manager doesn't run as strict a regime and maybe goes easy on him.

Different expectations of what players should and shouldn't do. He wasn't a good fit for Rafa but he is for this new guy.

Given Rafa has won everything there is to win, you'd have to say his methods are pretty solid. 

Yeah, it is early days tbf, Slaven Bilic had a great first season with West Ham and then it all went tits up because he wasn't running a tight ship. Rafa is proven so I guess you have to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one, at least for now.

Maybe he looks up to him more than Rafa because he would have grown up watching him represent the national team and he's ex Partizan so might be an influential figure to Mitrovic

Just an idea, probably doesn't play too much into it