He won't be playing wide.

De Gea

Darmian  Smalling  Blind  Shaw

Carrick Schneiderlin

Mata          Depay        Young

Rooney

That is what I expect.

Are you having a laugh?!

Why on Earth would you have Mata wide and not Depay?

Depay kills it out wide, coming in from the left.

That's how LVG has played in pre-season I believe.

That's very surprising.

Just noticed Man Utds back four too.

They might have worse centre backs than us! Why on Earth haven't they got a centre back in?!

He won't be playing wide.

De Gea

Darmian  Smalling  Blind  Shaw

Carrick Schneiderlin

Mata          Depay        Young

Rooney

That is what I expect.

Has Blind ever played centre back before? And what about Schweinsteiger. He has to be a definite starter surely?

Slightly worried Depay will out-score Walcott now.

Get both :lol: i'm seriously considering it tbh, or Sterling depending on whether he starts well or not.

I have Hazard, Sterling and Walcott already, spending far too much on midfield. But if Depay is going to play central linking with Rooney he might get loads. On the other hand he's new to the league and Man Utd might not function properly for a while.

Telegraph game is weird this year, I could end up with 6-7 'forwards', if Walcott and Sterling play basically up front. Throw in De Jong as well.

Butland

Clyne    Cedric  Shaw

Hazard    Sterling      Depay    Sinclair

Rooney  Benteke  Giroud

Subs: Darlow, Alderweireld, Fletcher, Baker

Not sure about Scott Sinclair at all. For the same price or cheaper I could have Odemwingie, Alli from Spurs or Anya from Watford. Anyone know if any of them are likely to start? Or if Sinclair will start for Villa?

Also Ibe, Aarons and Matic from memory. The 1st sub 5.0 midfielder spot is the only thing left I'm unsure of.

I'm not sure Ibe will get many games seeing as they've signed Clyne, Milner and Firmino who can all play on the right hand side. Doesn't sound like Aarons will be starting initially either after McClaren's comments yesterday. He could definitely be an option when/if he starts getting games though.

Rodgers has said Ibe will "feature heavily" this season which is why I'm edging towards him. Easy enough to swap between them all though.

Butland

Clyne    Cedric  Shaw

Hazard    Sterling      Depay    Sinclair

Rooney  Benteke  Giroud

Subs: Darlow, Alderweireld, Fletcher, Baker

Not sure about Scott Sinclair at all. For the same price or cheaper I could have Odemwingie, Alli from Spurs or Anya from Watford. Anyone know if any of them are likely to start? Or if Sinclair will start for Villa?

Also Ibe, Aarons and Matic from memory. The 1st sub 5.0 midfielder spot is the only thing left I'm unsure of.

I'm not sure Ibe will get many games seeing as they've signed Clyne, Milner and Firmino who can all play on the right hand side. Doesn't sound like Aarons will be starting initially either after McClaren's comments yesterday. He could definitely be an option when/if he starts getting games though.

Rodgers has said Ibe will "feature heavily" this season which is why I'm edging towards him. Easy enough to swap between them all though.

Didn't know that, might be worth chucking him in to begin with then and then finding out who starts from the rest of them :thup:

Can't quote in work triggs but Blind has played centre back loads of times, and quite often last season. Schweinsteiger isn't a definite starter, the only one who is is Carrick really. Herrera, Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin fighting for the other spot. Will be a fair amount of rotation I imagine.

Anyone know who Watford's starting full backs will be?

Anya started at LB in their last friendly, with Layun ahead of him then was pushed up to the wing in the second half when Holebas came on. IIRC.

Hmmm ... doesn't sound settled at all. Might give it a few games to see.

Deeney will always play, yes.

Ighalo most likely too, as he was scoring loads in pre-season.

They did occasionally play Vydra on th eright, Deeney in the middle and Ighalo on the left as a front three.

I currently have Ighalo as my cheap striker at only 5.0, but may find an extra .5 for Deeney just in case.

Ighalo is explosive though, and I have a feeling he will be their best striker.

Unless you mean only this season. In which case, probably fair enough, although Kane is still very well-priced for somebody who is pretty much guaranteed to be a lone striker every game.

I usually try to keep at least three. Last year it was Lloris, Kane and Eriksen for the most part. This year is definitely tougher. I have Trippier, although there's still a danger Poch plays Walker. Most of the players are at least 0.5 overpriced, although my top tips are Alli, and Pritchard after he gets over the ankle injury.

Are you expecting Alli to start? In place of Mason or something?

Very possibly, particularly if we don't pick up a new DM. I could see Bentaleb and Alli in CM based upon this pre-season. Mason is also recovering from an injury.

so far I have:

Cech, Smeichel

Ivanovic, Williams, Coates, Dann, Cedric

Ibe, Puncheon, Chamberlain, Ozil, Hazard

Rooney, Naismith, Benteke

with 2 M in the bank for when Kun/Sanchez come back.

I don't really rate Benteke as a player ,but am also skeptical of Kane...it was a choice between them 2, and my Liverpool bias picked BenHeskey.

Had Giroud until realizing he could well start the league on the bench.

Chamberlain/Ozil combo for first few games because I really fancy Arsenal to smash Westham and I thin they can pick up a decent haul.

I think Ibe will feature a lot more than imagined...and at 5M, will prove to be  shrewd pick. the same way sterling was in 13/14.

Where does Ibe fit into the team? Clyne will be right back if you play 4 at the back and right wingback if you play 3-5-2. Then you have Firmino, Milner, Coutinho who can all play right midfield?