Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

Thought he made a good account of himself today.

He did ok without really being up against much, they only have one striker and he scored. The goal was similar to last week's really, the ball bouncing back and forth in the area then a striker getting space and putting it away.

Good defender, but has the ball skills of mike Williamson.

What? :lol:

His passing is good man

When he's got time and space sure but it's not just about his passing he really looks uncomfortable with the ball at his feet. Looks solid as a defender overall mind and think he has a future here.

Good defender, but has the ball skills of mike Williamson.

What? :lol:

His passing is good man

It is, but all of our back four seem to take an age moving the ball forward when they are in acres of space. There was one point when Mbemba actually thought I've had enough of this and actually ran from one side of the pitch to the other only to finish with a predictably shit shot.

How many top flight clubs have their starting centre-backs & strikers aged 22, 21, 22 & 21?

I think they've all got a future here but they need some help. Upgrades needed on Taylor, Coloccini & Cisse.

A very good point. 

I like Lascelles.  He's an absolute unit, seems to care, you often see him barking out orders and trying to organise and he still has time on his side.

At this point, we know Colo and Taylor are past it and not good enough.  So hopefully Lascelles can keep getting minutes and he keeps improving.  I think he'll be starting next season if/when we go down.  I think ideally, we'd look to get an upgrade, if we stayed up. 

We all know Colo will be back in the team when he's fit, though. 

I really don't get this 'poor on the ball' thing, looks fairly comfortable to me.

Nah he really struggles to bring it out and does the Taylor thing of taking about 5 touches and hardly moving forward at all and then laying off an easy pass sideways or backwards.

I like him but his lack of ball skill is quite noticeable.