Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

He's not the most composed.  But I don't think you can underestimate quite how high Leicester press.  Vardy was up there ratting everyone out and it often meant we had to go back to Elliot.  As they pressed so high up the pitch and didn't leave us with many options.  Not that we have many options or show for the ball, anyway.

Once Leicester started trying to sit back.  We had a bit more success. 

It's also worth mentioning Lascelles tried to overplay at Everton 2-3 times and got caught out.  Wasn't the pen and red card, because of overplaying?  It looked to me like the back 5, were instructed to go direct. 

I like him a lot. The things he struggles with should be taken care of by time, coaching and more experience.

:thup: Thought he was the better of the two CBs last night. My opinion of him has gone from 'absolute shit won't make it in the PL' to 'might make it as a squad member in this league'.

Lost his balance and lost his man for their goal, how can Okazaki have that much space to do the overhead kick?

Who could have predicted Colback would have made a feeble attempt to head the ball before it was knocked down to him? It's not Lascelles fault at all for the goal, for a team like Leicester who have been scoring for fun, the goal was pretty much their only clear cut chance, there's lots of positives to build on, if that sort of effort can be achieved in a few days, there should be another marked improvement by the time we play the fiddlers.

Lost his balance and lost his man for their goal, how can Okazaki have that much space to do the overhead kick?

Aye he was poor for their goal mind having watched it back a few times and the less said about his "efforts" to stop Bournemouths 2nd goal last week the better. Refusing to invest in a decent centre half and a centre forward in the transfer window will prove costly I think.

Do you think he could learn and improve with decent coaches and a proven CB at the club or do you think he is a total lost cause?

Daft to write the lad of yet. Time will tell if he can step up and be a capable centre half at this level. Clearly he does have some decent attributes there to build on though. If Benitez stays on after the summer with his coaches he'll be in the best possible hands though.

I like him a lot. The things he struggles with should be taken care of by time, coaching and more experience.

Same as Mitrovic, got the makings of a good player, just needs another season of premier experience to come good. Neither of them should be shouldering responsibility of a relegation battle.

Don't get the love in for him personally, petrified on the ball and weak as piss for such a big lad, not impressed one bit as of yet.

This is what keeps me coming to this site, you'll have a guy come in and give comments like "I thought this lad did well tonight, I'm impressed",  a few more will agree with him with nods of approval at his potential, then someone always wades in with "he's utter fucking garbage, weak as piss etc.."

:lol: He's definitely not garbage.

He's 22 years old. That's a baby in CB age. If we stay up I'm hopeful Benitez and his staff can at least make him a solid squad player. If we go down, he will likely be vitally important next season.