Jamaal Lascelles: set to miss 6–9 months with ACL injury (Official)

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

Our own scout said he wasn't as good as they'd hoped tells its own story. He's a 4th choice CB.

source?

I put the full story in one of the threads a while back if you want to search for it. Basically my mate was sat with Charlie Wooster on a train and got talking to him (After Carver/Chelsea away game).

Our own scout said he wasn't as good as they'd hoped tells its own story. He's a 4th choice CB.

source?

I put the full story in one of the threads a while back if you want to search for it. Basically my mate was sat with Charlie Wooster on a train and got talking to him (After Carver/Chelsea away game).

All I can find is you've said he's not as good as hoped. That's it.

The worry is so was Williamson and look how that turned out.

Maybe we should employ scouts who do a more thorough vetting job then.

source?

:lol:

Buying potential is one of the hardest things in football unless it's glaringly obvious to which the big clubs will have its own up already.

Got to give him time, he's young, it's a tough league, were shit, he's surrounded by defensive failures. Long way to go on this one but him and Darlos feel like a massive waste of money at £8m. That £8m 18 months ago could have went on a defender ready for the league and we'd have benfitted from it massively.

Buying potential is one of the hardest things in football unless it's glaringly obvious to which the big clubs will have its own up already.

Got to give him time, he's young, it's a tough league, were s***, he's surrounded by defensive failures. Long way to go on this one but him and Darlos feel like a massive waste of money at £8m. That £8m 18 months ago could have went on a defender ready for the league and we'd have benfitted from it massively.

How are we supposed to make a profit on an £8m defender though?

Got to give him time, he's young, it's a tough league, were s***, he's surrounded by defensive failures. Long way to go on this one but him and Darlos feel like a massive waste of money at £8m. That £8m 18 months ago could have went on a defender ready for the league and we'd have benfitted from it massively.

A 28 year old one at that?

Madness I tell you, will no one think of the balance sheet?!?

Madness I tell you, will no one think of the balance sheet?!?

It's £8m down on Lascelles and Darlow so far. That worked out well then.

source?

It wasn't this thread if that's all you searched but that was it in a nutshell :lol:

Not been impressed with Lascelles, think he is fine when the ball is in the air BUT he seems sluggish and more worryingly doesn't appear to be aware of his positioning

Ideally I would send him on loan, give him a full season to see if he can develop BUT since we are short on numbers that isn't going to happen

• 4 weeks later...

He keeps getting brought on in ridiculous situations. (full-back at City, part of a three-man defence when we're 3-1 down, etc). I'd seriously just start him from next week ahead of Coloccini alongside Mbemba and stick with him even if he makes a few ricks along the way.

If anything at least he offers some height and looks reasonably comfortable on the ball. We can't keep going with the shit defence that conceded 8 goals in 2 games

I'd put him on as an additional CB and go with a back 3. Play Janmaat and Mbabu as wing backs and then just pick some midfielders who give a shit in front of him. Focus on not conceding first, it's not like our attacking play is producing much anyway. We don't have the legs to press high up the pitch, better just to sit back and try and counter.

I'd put him on as an additional CB and go with a back 3. Play Janmaat and Mbabu as wing backs and then just pick some midfielders who give a s*** in front of him. Focus on not conceding first, it's not like our attacking play is producing much anyway. We don't have the legs to press high up the pitch, better just to sit back and try and counter.

:thup:

Exactly how I'd play it now. We're shit, let's just accept it and try to grind a few points out. We're weak as piss in the middle, teams walk through us, so counteract it with numbers and hope for the best.