Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

Just reading in the Times today (Martin Hardy) that after the game last week at Palace in the dressing room Coloccini sat silently and no one said anything. Then Lascelles who came on as a sub had had enough and he started shouting at his team mates while the backroom staff watched in silence. Sums up this current bunch of wankers pretty much tbh.

Just reading in the Times today (Martin Hardy) that after the game last week at Palace in the dressing room Coloccini sat silently and no one said anything. Then Lascelles who came on as a sub had had enough and he started shouting at his team mates while the backroom staff watched in silence. Sums up this current bunch of w*****s pretty much tbh.

Good for him.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

He's got potential, but what we really need at the back in a relegation scrap is experience and character. Keegan recognised this in his first stint at Newcastle when he brought in Killer Kilcline to save us from relegation to the 3rd division.

It's the second time this season he's been due a run in the first team and then something has happened and he missed out. Last time he got injured and now he got himself suspended.

We could have done with him against WBA because his aerially ability is probably the strongest we have.

Good in the tackle, strong as fuck, tries to organise and lead.  But my word, he turns like a cruise liner and he makes some very odd decisions.  He went forward with the ball, lost it and then ambled back, on about three or four occasions.

One for the future or next season in the Championship.

Good in the tackle, strong as f***, tries to organise and lead.  But my word, he turns like a cruise liner and he makes some very odd decisions.  He went forward with the ball, lost it and then ambled back, on about three or four occasions.

One for the future or next season in the Championship.

Aye. I like the cut of his jib. Played with some urgency. Physical. I liked it. A lot.

Then the inexperience showed, the mistake, the turning circle of a tank became apparent again etc.

He's the type of CB needed (turning circle/pace notwithstanding) in profile but doesn't have the head for it yet.

Far from the finished article at this level, but has potential. Is big and uses his size to his advantage. Also looks to be a leader/communicator on the pitch. Think he has a long way to go before he can be regarded as a solid PL defender, and it may be that he never quite gets there, but got to be given some time and the opportunity to develop. Remember reading (pre-Xmas I think it was) that the coaching staff had been impressed by how quickly he had developed in his first couple of months. If he continues to progress at a similar rate for 18 months then who knows.