Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

Big lad in the dressing room, turned Mo into a total machine with his words. We loose him and we are fucked.

He slapped the spirit of Vierra into him. He goes we are absolutely  fucked [emoji38]

Lose him and it’s all over. Rafa, the buzz, Premiership football, any hope for the future. It really will spell the beginning of the end.

Guest firetotheworks

Wouldn't take anything less than IRRELEVANT BECAUSE ASHLEY WILL KEEP IT YOU FOOLS imo

Anything under £30-40m to a club like Everton, I fully agree.

£50m plus to someone like Liverpool or Spurs, and the transfer likely happens regardless of who the manager or owner is tbh.

That's true. A fucking unpalatable truth, but true.

Less than that, the transfer isn't one player but the whole club. It could happen right here.

I was thinking that Rafa would stay the season and leave. And surely if Lascelles was being flogged off he'd ask Rafa his counsel, and surely Rafa would advise the player to stay the year. And surely he'd be amenable to that.

So if Lascelles was forced out despite Jamaal and Rafa's wishes and their hopes for the 18/19 season, it is a clear marker that Ashley is not going to give Rafa anything out of spite over his refusal to sign a new contract without actions first.

So maybe he is going to Everton?  :dontknow:

Imo he's the one player in the team we can't lose.  He brings much more to us than simply being a good defender, he's the captain, the talisman.  To sell him now when we're just getting a real team together would be madness.

Everton DOF saying nothing to spend until outgoings are made. Wage bill too high and owner isn't putting more of his cash in after last year's spend. Hopefully that means Lascelles to Everton rumour is non starter at the moment.

Would probably never do it, but what would you say IF Rafa was ok with us selling Lascelles for maybe, say 55m? to raise transfer funds? 

What a waste of time asking this :lol:

£45m is an awful lot of money, but the problem with any sale is I don't believe Rafa would be given the entirety of those funds to re-invest. The decision has to be made solely by the manager, for football reasons and not financial ones. There can't be a repeat of the Andy Carroll situation where players are sold out from underneath the manager. Rafa won't stand for it and would walk instantly.

Guest chopey

£45m is an awful lot of money, but the problem with any sale is I don't believe Rafa would be given the entirety of those funds to re-invest. The decision has to be made entirely by the manager, for football reasons and not financial ones. There can't be a repeat of the Andy Carroll situation where players are sold out from underneath the manager. Rafa won't stand for it and would walk instantly.

Even though Pardew said Carrol was not for sale he was compliant in the transfer, Rafa wont be

I know  how much Rafa rates Lascelles and sees him as an extremely important player and character to have at the club. At the same time he has said that sometimes a club has to sell a player if it's crazy money in order to move forward. Having said that, I doubt Rafa wants him gone, and IF he did it would be on his terms, which it wont be anyway. So if Lascelles leaves I'm expecting disaster more than ever.

As others have said, the funds aren't going to be re-invested, 10 years of experience tells us this, so any plans of 'well if we receive X, then we can spend X on player Y and player Z' are fantasy-land, regular football club notions. If he goes for £30m to a club like Everton, then all it does is confirm even further how incompetent our owner and decision-makers are.

That said, we can't really be too displeased if he leaves for circa £50m to a CL-caliber club if Jamaal wants to go to a more ambitious club - I would support his decision. Reminiscent of José Enrique to Liverpool, I never held a grudge against him because he said he wanted to go to a more ambitious cub. I don't want to see him leave, but I wouldn't blame him at all. And if Rafa then goes, that's me done with NUFC anyway until MA dies, so I don't care.

Have Chelsea stagger the payments over 5 years and give us first option on one loan player per season and that's a big part of our "transfer policy" sorted for the foreseeable future.

Goes without saying that we cannot and should not let him go as he's our most important player by some distance. If we were building something (lol) we'd want to keep ahold of him for at least the next 1 or 2 seasons and prove he can go some way to fulfilling his ambitions here.

As we're a club who actively limits their own potential we know where this is headed though.