Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

As far as I'm concerned Lascelles is the Captain, our rock, the leader on the pitch and a great goal scoring defender who will get better for us under Rafa. Assuming his talent doesn't regress we should be hoping to keep him until he retires. He is club legend material. Simply not for sale at any price, lets focus on filling the gaps we already have, not make new ones to fill on top.

I’d be amazed if Rafa sanctioned a sale, he knows how important the lad is for the club right now. Sure if he continues to develop and has played a good few seasons its inevitable that someone might come in for him. Right now we need to keep him.

The cunts above might try and push this through though with terrible consequences

As far as I'm concerned Lascelles is the Captain, our rock, the leader on the pitch and a great goal scoring defender who will get better for us under Rafa. Assuming his talent doesn't regress we should be hoping to keep him until he retires. He is club legend material. Simply not for sale at any price, lets focus on filling the gaps we already have, not make new ones to fill on top.

I agree with this guy

Would be very sad to see Lascelles go. He has been brilliant for us. Reliable on the pitch, influential and professional off it. We almost never see such quick evolution in NUFC players. But imo, as a physical CB he's not irreplaceable. His leadership will be missed of course but if Rafa remains, I don't think that would be an issue. There's a high level level of commitment in the squad.

Rafa is very pragmatic, he knows Lascelles is our most sellable asset and probably has a rough amount in mind in case there's serious interest from the rich clubs. Said amount is where our wonderful owner's repeated promise of "every penny the club generates" comes. And also his notorious flexibility in the transfer market. I can already picture us hopelessly low-balling random CB's from the Dutch league a week before the league starts.

A lot of people are getting ahead of themselves here, understandable with Ashley as the owner. But he's not gone yet and honestly for 30-45 million that's been quoted, while Rafa is still here (which I'm sure he will be for this season at least) and assuming he maintains the "final say" on transfers that Ashley has promised, then he won't be going anywhere.

If someone gets close to Van Dyke kind of money then Rafa will, rightly so, debate it in his head. It's hard to replace what Jamaal gives the side, for 70 million though you could bring in two players that may fill some of the void and plug another gap.

As much as I love Jammaal, I don't think his reputation outside of NUFC is as high as the 70 million worth he is to us, so for that reason as long as Rafa remains in control, per Ashley's previous quotes, then he'll still be a NUFC player come the start of the season. 

for 70 million though you could bring in two players

And keep the other £50m+ for a rainy day.

Hehe, or probably put it aside to pay for players wages over 5 years.

Wouldn't sell him at any price with Ashley in charge, hes worth so much more to us than footballing ability alone, replacing what he gives us would be nigh on impossible and hes not even the finished article.

If any real bid above 25 million comes in Ashley will step in and he will be gone, of that I'm absolutely certain.

I think Jamaal loves Rafa for trusting him and giving him the armband and coaching him to be in the position that he's worth 45 million, so hopefully he'll stay. He's only young.

Rafa goes and he's gone though, for sure.

• 1 month later...