Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

Despite Lascelles' credibility being diminished in my eyes (I know, I'm sure he's distraught...), and the fact that Wor Flags were complete spineless twats about having his flag up yesterday, I genuinely do think that after seeing Fabian Schaar yesterday he is streets ahead of Lascelles as a player. He is so much better on the ball that it actually allowed us to try and build attacks and retain the ball for more than 3 passes.

More than happy to see Fernandez/Schaar start from now on, and bin that gimp of a captain that we have.

I wouldn’t call it an “unforgiveable mistake” but i certainly think he deserves the battering he’s been getting as his comments were disrespectful and very selfish.  I’m sure if he refrains from talking similar bollocks in the future and performs to a good standard on the pitch then all will be forgotten.

Shola was very careful on Goals on Sunday this morning with what he said about Ashley I think Lascelles will do the same in the future.

I'm not saying what he did was unforgivable and I'm not saying "he should leave" because of it, but it was an insult and he deserved pelters for it. And he needs to cut that shite out pronto. Holding his flag up just resembled acceptance of having the piss taken out of you.

Quite the emotional bunch of chaps on here. One mistake in the press with his comments and he is a sellout who can leave. Irrespective of what he’s done for the club, dressing room and community last few years - unforgivable mistake, I guess, to some of you?

Also not trying to belittle any opinions I’m genuinely asking. As many of you who are the most upset with him seem to be genuinely the nicer and more forgiving of people on here.

Not in my opinion, although I am really fucked off with what he's said (and the reasons behind it - probable pay rise etc) and the sudden about turn he's made, however I feel he should be confronted and engaged in dialogue with from the Magpie Group. See how he responds to a reasoned opinion.

Guest Howaythetoon

Can’t believe they paraded his banner/flag like. I won’t be donating any more money again. Hope he loses his place in the first team now.

Guest firetotheworks

Quite the emotional bunch of chaps on here. One mistake in the press with his comments and he is a sellout who can leave. Irrespective of what he’s done for the club, dressing room and community last few years - unforgivable mistake, I guess, to some of you?

Also not trying to belittle any opinions I’m genuinely asking. As many of you who are the most upset with him seem to be genuinely the nicer and more forgiving of people on here.

I don't understand what's not to get. Anyone praising Ashley and asking fans to stop being negative will get exactly the same reaction regardless of who they are and what they've done.

Ok. Anyway, I think he does need to be questioned by the fans groups etc and he needs to respond to them IMO as his duty as captain and the spokesperson of that dressing room so to speak.

He does need to think before he speaks, esp on topics as important as this to us as fans. What’s clear to me is our players are lacking massive amounts of confidence, and if Jamaal is saying the dressing room needs backing on pitch and off (ie lads like Ayoze who seems to be getting ton of flack on social media etc) then he should probably articulate that far better than that crap he said about negatively etc.

I’m not as upset as you all are because quite frankly I have far less expectations for these football players, but regardless - schar outplayed him by a mile :lol: was class yesterday and would like to see him play more.

• 2 weeks later...

"As players you are on the pitch - and I'm not making excuses - when there's stuff going on off the pitch it can have an effect on you.

"Personally speaking I think it is better when everybody comes together.

"All that bad energy can turn to positive and everybody can get what they want."

The more I read this the more infuriating it gets like - Everyone is not coming together, the problem. Your fucking employer isn't doing a single thing to do that. You're the captain and you want to concentrate on whats on the pitch. Fine. Shut the fuck up about aspects you clearly don't seem to understand despite being given the benefit of the doubt.

He's actually just a bit thick, isn't he? He could've literally just not said the last two lines of those quotes and everything would be fine. :lol:

Probably got a bonus structure in his new deal for each time he tells the pesky fans to stop being so negative.

Guest neesy111

The cheek of those comments when he refused to play in a position in a back three earlier in the season.

Starting to dislike the bloke a bit, think he's getting quite ahead of himself at the moment.

He's actually just a bit thick, isn't he? He could've literally just not said the last two lines of those quotes and everything would be fine. :lol:

Probably got a bonus structure in his new deal for each time he tells the pesky fans to stop being so negative.

Exactly. I'm not expecting him to be flying Ashley/Trump balloons but fuck me what a lack of awareness or line toeing fed from cuntboy.

The cheek of those comments when he refused to play in a position in a back three earlier in the season.

Starting to dislike the bloke a bit, think he's getting quite ahead of himself at the moment.

In 6 months time he might be praying there was a right, third centre-back slot once Lejeune’s back and the way Fernandez is playing.

Guest neesy111

In 6 months time he might be praying there was a right, third centre-back slot once Lejeune’s back and the way Fernandez is playing.

True, I think he should be concentrating on his own game at the moment.