Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

Jones as in Phil Jones?? As Neville pointed out last night he was absolutely terrible against us yesterday. When he was last decent? I'd take Jamaal over Smalling and Jones any day. And Keane's been absolutely woeful for Everton all season.

Stones

Cahill

Maguire

Lascelles

Smalling and Jones aren't good enough on the ball, as indeed Neville pointed out. One of them is ok but we lack for confident technical defenders. John Stones is the best with ball at his feet by a country mile but he is also a massive idiot.

Guest firetotheworks

I love the lad and love his outspoken attitude, but I do wish he'd keep it to solely about NUFC, there's no real need to talk about other teams like that in public.

I love the lad and love his outspoken attitude, but I do wish he'd keep it to solely about NUFC, there's no real need to talk about other teams like that in public.

Headline a little misleading I thought. It doesn't sound bad at all taking into context all of his quotes in that article. Certainly doesn't seem to me that he is purposely having a go at the opposition.

Guest firetotheworks
'You could see their centre-halves on the ball and they didn't really know what to do with it.'

Not individuals, just two individuals. :lol:

Again, love his approach, but he doesn't need to say stuff like that. Just my opinion on it.

Aye but he's making the point that the way we played didn't allow them to settle and led to errors. His comment is largely focused on us and not them, despite the headline of the article.

"We were aggressive..."

"We set up really well..."

"The manager got it spot on..."

"...but it was down to our pressing"

Think you're misinterpreting the focus of his comments a bit by saying he's focusing too much on the opposition.

Lascelles defiantly deserves a call up ahead of Smalling, Jones, Cahill. Fits into Southgate's cliched philosophy of being able to play out from the back, in that he's half decent on the ball, and quick enough to keep up with Eden Hazard over the first few yards.

Got a feeling it'll be a case of if we aren't winning come the time of the next squad being announced, he'll be overlooked. His performances rarely dip too low even when we are out of form, but us winning can only highlight his campaign!

On topic of England CBs - I'd rate Dier much better at centre back than in midfielder, and would actually say he's up there as our best CB. He'd be in a back three with Stones and Maguire for me, but then that leaves the horrific risk of having Henderson playing.

Fuck it. Man Utd will be playing a lot of the teams fighting relegation with us. The boy done good!

I'm not, I've literally just quoted the thing I have an issue with. :lol: Like I said that's just how I see it.

Well you said he shouldn't talk about other teams like that in public, but he's not he's talking about how good we played and were set up & how it led to errors and made the opposition struggle to assert themselves. That's where all his points come back to, absolutely nothing wrong with that in my eyes. Think you're taking too much from the article headline and not enough from the substance of his comments themselves.

Guest firetotheworks

I'm not, I've literally just quoted the thing I have an issue with. :lol: Like I said that's just how I see it.

Well you said he shouldn't talk about other teams like that in public, but he's not he's talking about how good we played and were set up & how it led to errors and made the opposition struggle to assert themselves. That's where all his points come back to, absolutely nothing wrong with that in my eyes. Think you're taking too much from the article headline and not enough from the substance of his comments themselves.

Fucking hell, it's like having an argument with me. :lol: Let it go man, I just disagree. It has absolutely nothing to do with the headline.

FWIW when I was reading those comments I thought they were unusual. I'm happy for Lascelles not to revert to too much cliché, he's obviously trying to work out how to be a great leader. I think Rafa may have said to him that he should work on the team mentality, perhaps trying to bring a siege/underdog mentality about in the dressing room.