Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

I remember constantly harping on, during the Prdew years, about how he couldn't demonstrate sustained improvement in any player.

What Rafa has done with this lad alone eclipses that *Shithouse/Charlatan/Conman . Let alone the likes of Dummett.

*Delete as appropriate. Or leave all 3 cause he's a smarmy cunt.

He was superb today, him and Lejune. Lascelles is so dominant in the air and he’s becoming very tough and cynical almost as well, but in a no nonsense way.

Footwork has improved immeasurably, too.

He's a cracking centre-back. Comfortably the best and most consistent we've had since Colo 11/12.

Guest Howaythetoon

He was superb today, him and Lejune. Lascelles is so dominant in the air and he’s becoming very tough and cynical almost as well, but in a no nonsense way.

Footwork has improved immeasurably, too.

He's a cracking centre-back. Comfortably the best and most consistent we've had since Colo 11/12.

Yep, he shifts his feet so quickly these days and rarely gives the ball away. I think a lot of it has more to do with his attitude, mental strengths and a will to learn over any kind of massive talent and that’s what makes his rise if you like all the more pleasing. Dummet is having a similar rise albeit in a much more low key and less imoactive way. Rafa deserves huge credit for that.

I’d take him to Russia, easily.

I hope he doesn’t go. He’ll be in the shop window if he does go, and Ashley would sell him before selling the club.

Would be very bitter of us to not want him to go in case he does well and clubs come calling. I do understand the logic, just don't agree with it.

Guest Howaythetoon

I hope he does go and of all the ‘candidates’ he is performing the best at the moment. He deserves it. If he is to leave it will happen regardless. Unless Ashley sells I can’t see him here long anyway, he’s far too good for us as is Rafa.

Noticed that today and not just with him. We are starting to play at the periphery of the rules and giving all opponents a hard time physically. We’ve been a soft touch for too long!

Guest Howaythetoon

Noticed that today and not just with him. We are starting to play at the periphery of the rules and giving all opponents a hard time physically. We’ve been a soft touch for too long!

Aye, it’s notciebale throughout our team now, all the players play that kind of game. Tough, cynical, but fair within the rules. Today Lascelles was very tough on their forward, which could have ruled on a foul against a few times, but he was cute and cleared mostly with his head which I’ve always been taught if you do shove or nudge but win the header, the ref is less likely to penalise you. Shearer was great at that as a striker.

Just an unreal bloke man. He was the only one I saw who noticed the corner flag hit the person after Ritchie destroyed it and asked if they were okay. Last man on the pitch every game. Walking that pitch invader off after Man U with his arm around him. He's a credit in pretty much everything he does, absolute hero.

Can't see him getting in the England squad. Smalling was left out of the last squad for not being good enough with the ball and I don't think Lascelles is any better, even if he has improved. The England squad seems like a bit of a closed shop, whereby they've decided on a pool of players at the various levels and if you're not in them, you never will be. The exception to that, oddly, is Jack Cork, but I think that says more about our midfield options than anything.

He certainly deserves a cap though as I think he's really under appreciated outside of the region - how many English captains are there in the Premier League? How many captains are there under the age of 25? England could do a lot worse (and probably will) but we'll take someone like Joe Gomez because he's in the Under 21 squad. It's ludicrous.

Can't see him getting in the England squad. Smalling was left out of the last squad for not being good enough with the ball and I don't think Lascelles is any better, even if he has improved. The England squad seems like a bit of a closed shop, whereby they've decided on a pool of players at the various levels and if you're not in them, you never will be. The exception to that, oddly, is Jack Cork, but I think that says more about our midfield options than anything.

He certainly deserves a cap though as I think he's really under appreciated outside of the region - how many English captains are there in the Premier League? How many captains are there under the age of 25? England could do a lot worse (and probably will) but we'll take someone like Joe Gomez because he's in the Under 21 squad. It's ludicrous.

Which is why england always fail in major tournements.