Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

The majority of us wanted him sold this summer.. it just goes to show the improvement he’s made as a player. Now I’d still have Botman straight back in when he’s properly fit but Lascelles has been fairly flawless the last month and has totally cancelled out what should have been a massive blow.

At one point he was being touted for England, I thought that player had gone forever. You could never doubt his commitment but he made so many errors. He's been reborn, Botman has a job on to get back in at this rate.

13 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

The majority of us wanted him sold this summer.. it just goes to show the improvement he’s made as a player. Now I’d still have Botman straight back in when he’s properly fit but Lascelles has been fairly flawless the last month and has totally cancelled out what should have been a massive blow.

Aye, I definitely wanted him moved on. Utterly wrong. He's a fucking don. 

I mean, he is still pretty limited with the ball, but he's trained and been coached to a point where he is a rock solid squad player for us at this moment in time. And his mentality and leadership is elite.

Hopefully he is with us for years to come.

45 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Yes, he's been brilliant since he came in. I doubted him but he's been outstanding.

I was definitely among those that thought selling him or at least letting his contract run down made sense, genuinely thought we had left him behind

However he has been really, he still has his limitations but his ability on the ball has improved, which helps when those around him give him an option as well as they are comfortable receiving the ball

When it comes to defending set pieces he's been superb

Shown he is more than capable, reckon he'll get himself a contract extension soon as letting him go for free would be daft

Fantastic tonight. MOTM between him and Joelinton for me. Seemed to turn up everywhere snuffing out everything.

...That said, could he have done a bit better controlling our lads during the Havertz incident?

5 hours ago, 80 said:

Fantastic tonight. MOTM between him and Joelinton for me. Seemed to turn up everywhere snuffing out everything.

...That said, could he have done a bit better controlling our lads during the Havertz incident?

Agreed - MOTM for me, absolute monster performance from Lascelles.

But also can't help thinking that our players wouldn't have been booked had Tripps been in charge as he would've made sure to keep them away from the ref.

Just now, looneytoon said:

Agreed - MOTM for me, absolute monster performance from Lascelles.

But also can't help thinking that our players wouldn't have been booked had Tripps been in charge as he would've made sure to keep them away from the ref.

Not sure I agree with that, Trippier was over there wagging his finger at the ref just like everyone else was. It got all the players riled up and the ref lost his head the moment he pulled that yellow card from his pocket for Havertz.