Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

Still can't get over how Alfie Mawson got a call up before this lad, was a rock tonight.

On current form Lascelles is the best English CB out there - I honestly can't think of anyone that's better (and I don't say this with any NUFC bias)

Still can't get over how Alfie Mawson got a call up before this lad, was a rock tonight.

On current form Lascelles is the best English CB out there - I honestly can't think of anyone that's better (and I don't say this with any NUFC bias)

Agreed. And he's still improving. Anything less than Virgil money would be an insult to the player.

I assume the reason he was there was so that when the ball is played in the Chelsea runners don't pick him up, leaving him free for the cut back?

Just went on the sky sports website to pick my England squad. Centre back options - Tarkowski, Smalling, Dier, Jones, Maguire, Mawson, Stones, Keane, Gomez, Mee, Dunk.

No sign of Jamaal anywhere, despite him being better than every single one of them. It's fucking ludicrous that we've got a 24 year old English centre back who's captain of a promoted team that finished 10th, who has been solid as a rock all season in a position that England are lacking genuine quality, and he's not even in the frame for the provisional 30-odd man squad. He's a leader, has a great attitude and above all else he's a bloody good defender. Pace, power, great in the air and decent with the ball. Mental.

Just went on the sky sports website to pick my England squad. Centre back options - Tarkowski, Smalling, Dier, Jones, Maguire, Mawson, Stones, Keane, Gomez, Mee, Dunk.

No sign of Jamaal anywhere, despite him being better than every single one of them. It's fucking ludicrous that we've got a 24 year old English centre back who's captain of a promoted team that finished 10th, who has been solid as a rock all season in a position that England are lacking genuine quality, and he's not even in the frame for the provisional 30-odd man squad. He's a leader, has a great attitude and above all else he's a bloody good defender. Pace, power, great in the air and decent with the ball. Mental.

The fact that numpties like Maguire, Jones, Cook, Livermore et al get into the squad tells you all you need to know as to where English football is right now

The fact that numpties like Maguire, Jones, Cook, Livermore et al get into the squad tells you all you need to know as to where English football is right now

I think it’s his comfort and ability on the ball that’s holding him back.

Maguire has zero ability on the ball - he's just a lump of shite, Smalling can't pass, in fact bar Dier the rest are terrible - Stones can pass but is an awful defender

Maguire has zero ability on the ball - he's just a lump of shite, Smalling can't pass, in fact bar Dier the rest are terrible - Stones can pass but is an awful defender

Maguire along with Stones are very comfortable on the ball. Maguire being the closest thing to an old school sweeper when advancing with it.  Smalling isn’t being picked for that very reason. Dier won’t be our tournament CH.

Maguire along with Stones are very comfortable on the ball. Maguire being the closest thing to an old school sweeper when advancing with it.  Smalling isn’t being picked for that very reason. Dier won’t be our tournament CH.

I disagree with Maguire - I just think he's a bang average player - slow and clumsy