Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

Guest dabe

Maybe they see him as a system defender, see all of Burnley's CBs, and don't want to get burned like they did with Keane.

Also, I think that belief is part of the reason Southgate hasn't bothered with Lascelles.

Guest dabe

If they think his success is a result of the "system" they are idiots tbh, all you have to do is look how we shipped shit loads of goals without him.

But i'm glad if they feel that way.

Definitely, if it means he goes under the radar and we keep him all the better really.

If they think his success is a result of the "system" they are idiots tbh, all you have to do is look how we shipped shit loads of goals without him.

But i'm glad if they feel that way.

The day England start picking players who suit the system is the day they will start to challenge.

How can a player be seen in a negative way because he's ideal for a system?

From a while ago, and I have to say that I agree with him. Unfortunately we wouldn't do it in this way though IF he was sold...

Benitez insisted he didn't want to sell Lascelles, though he qualified his answer. “Not really," said Benitez. “If you want to continue growing, normally you have to try to keep your best players. “Jamaal has a great potential, but if you cannot compete, or you cannot keep the level of your team, then maybe you have to sell one player to be sure that you can bring in other players. “When people say ‘wheel and deal’ – sometimes you have to do it, because if not, you don’t have the money.

“If you don’t have the money, the main thing is to be sure that if you sell this one for £40million, you have two at £20million who can do well. Then you can be better.”

It would be like removing the heart from the team if we sold him, probably a greater impact that selling Carroll when he was so important to our side too. I also think it further highlights how stupid Southgate has been to over look him. I can't imagine any of the other England centre backs or the ones that have been selected recently over him would command anywhere near a £45m fee - with the exception of Stones maybe?

Must keep Lascelles.

He is our rock, and team clearly looks more solid when he plays.

Yes. It’s very important we keep him. He’s future England captain I’ve no doubt about that.

What would a prime Rio Ferdinand or John Terry be worth now??

If we could get some crazy deal out of the likes of Chelsea I could see Rafa going for it myself. We know he's he's cold blooded when it comes to this stuff...if he feels he can improve the squad in 2-3 places by losing Lascelles he'll do it imo.

Really hope we don't obviously, I love the lad myself.

Problem with selling him, even for £50m or whatever, is we know how it'll work out with Ashley's maths. It's happened a hundred times already:

The payment will be spread over 5 years, so they'll say that we get £10m to spend now but then they'll conveniently forget to add the other four !0 millions on in the next 4 summers. That money will be listed on the accounts as "Sundries: Other" and put in someone's pocket.

Jamaal's wages, which had previously eaten into our transfer budget when he signed a contract, won't be returned now he's sold but yet his replacement will have his wages taken out of our budget. We'll then be told we've got no money and have overspent, and should be grateful to Mike.

Problem with selling him, even for £50m or whatever, is we know how it'll work out with Ashley's maths. It's happened a hundred times already:

The payment will be spread over 5 years, so they'll say that we get £10m to spend now but then they'll conveniently forget to add the other four !0 millions on in the next 4 summers. That money will be listed on the accounts as "Sundries: Other" and put in someone's pocket.

Jamaal's wages, which had previously eaten into our transfer budget when he signed a contract, won't be returned now he's sold but yet his replacement will have his wages taken out of our budget. We'll then be told we've got no money and have overspent, and should be grateful to Mike.

Ashleynomics.