Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

Rafa was bouncing when Lascelles came off, but realistically what can he do ? Lascelles will be here long after Rafa's gone in the summer and every day he stays and is not allowed to run the team as he wants his influence and authority on the team gets less and less

Which is why we’re gonna be relegated. You’re spot on. Rafa needs to walk tomorrow.

What happened?

Came on for the second half, did his hamstring after less than 90 seconds, hobbled around for ten minutes refusing to come off. Hayden and Rafa stood there on the touchline; the former all like "wtf", the latter about pulling his hair out. They exchanged words when the dumb fuck did eventually come off, before he wandered down the tunnel.

Guest neesy111

Whole situation was a mess.  Rafa should have brought Hayden on sooner but lascelles absolutely needs blasting for his attitude.

There was a suggestion that he didn’t warm up properly.

He doesn’t look near the player he was a year ago. I suspect he was buying into that 50m+ price tag bullshit that some people were mentioning.

Once Fernandez came into the team and showed some proper leadership, well that’s his biggest tool suddenly worth less.

He was never a passer of the ball like Lejeune or Schär so he quite quickly became 3rd/4th choice centre back.

That shit tonight will piss Rafa off no end, even if fit I doubt Rafa will trust him any time soon.

I haven't seen the incident but is it as big of a deal as it's being made out to be? Or is it a continuation of the we hate Lascelles circle jerk?

He was literally hobbling around (very very badly) for about 10 minutes before being subbed, couldn't even stretch his leg to clear a ball properly at one point and they should have scored, it was comical.

I haven't seen the incident but is it as big of a deal as it's being made out to be? Or is it a continuation of the we hate Lascelles circle jerk?

I don’t hate him but it was pretty poor professionalism.

I don’t hate him but it was pretty poor professionalism.

There were two of them in it. Rafa feels he has some sort of duty to let the club captain use his own judgement on things like this.

If was clear as day that the substitution needed to happen. Why he didn’t make the call straight away is so odd.

I’m not bothered either way. It’s funny I used to remember thinking getting a good price for a player was so important, but with the way Ashley runs the club, it’s never returned into the squad so he may as well be sold for a fiver.

Did Rafa really push for his new contract or is there something going on with the players going behind his back?

I still think he is one of our best players, those 10 minutes were extremely painful to watch though, he really should've come off right when he pulled his hamstring but i can understand why he was frustrated with the whole situation and wanted to carry on, hopefully they've talked it out after the game and sorted it.

I still think he is one of our best players, those 10 minutes were extremely painful to watch though, he really should've come off right when he pulled his hamstring but i can understand why he was frustrated with the whole situation and wanted to carry on, hopefully they've talked it out after the game and sorted it.

They will have, He takes pride in being captain and has done well for us (stupid comments about Ashley aside).

We wanted players who cared and tried I thought? He's a human who makes mistakes but I hope we stick by him personally.

https://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/jamaal-lascelles-reacts-to-anti-mike-ashley-chants-from-newcastle-united-fans-1-9549630

Jamaal Lascelles reacts to anti-Mike Ashley chants from Newcastle United fans

Supporters, angered by under-investment during Ashley’s 12 years as Newcastle owner, demanded that Ashley “get out our club”.

“As players we hear the chants – we understand,” said Lascelles, United’s captain.

“As players, we hear it, but we have to focus on our job – that’s all we can do.”