Karl Darlow (now playing for Leeds United)

Nobody

People are fuckin mental. Darlow made one mistake, came back from it and had a good game afterwards by all accounts. Elliott is a nothing keeper and never has been, Darlow will grow from that.  Amazing how people have jumped on him, he's better than Elliott already with plenty time to improve.

He's made a mistake in most games for a while now

He's also made countless catches and commanded numerous situations which fatty Elliott and Sels would have watched unfold from the supposed safety of their goalline, no matter the pressure it piled on their back four.

Darlow's a young keeper. Young keepers make mistakes, but the best of them remain brave enough to keep trying to do the right things and learn more about their trade along the way.

People are fuckin mental. Darlow made one mistake, came back from it and had a good game afterwards by all accounts. Elliott is a nothing keeper and never has been, Darlow will grow from that.  Amazing how people have jumped on him, he's better than Elliott already with plenty time to improve.

Agreed. It's depressing to contrast the amount of leeway Krul was always given with the criticism of Darlow.

He's made a mistake in most games for a while now

He's also made countless catches and commanded numerous situations which fatty Elliott and Sels would have watched unfold from the supposed safety of their goalline, no matter the pressure it piled on their back four.

Darlow's a young keeper. Young keepers make mistakes, but the best of them remain brave enough to keep trying to do the right things and learn more about their trade along the way.

He's about 26. It doesn't matter how many catches you make if you make as many mistakes as Darlow has lately

By the way being a brave keeper doesn't have anything to do with slicing a ball backwards or leaving a ball down in the box for an opposition player to take

Darlow I'm totally undecided on, but I really like some of the stuff he does, he's fairly confident in the box (QPR aside) and is a decent shot stopper. But of course has made big errors that have essentially cost us 4 points. Sels/Elliot in that position would rightly get pelters. I still wouldn't want Sels back because I don't think he brings any confidence to those in front of him. And Elliot, well I just don't really like him as a player or person. Reality, I don't think any of them are good enough for the prem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absurd to blame the keeper alone for dropping points the other night. Mitrovic should have rendered Darlow's mistake irrelevant.

Darlow I'm totally undecided on, but I really like some of the stuff he does, he's fairly confident in the box (QPR aside) and is a decent shot stopper. But of course has made big errors that have essentially cost us 4 points. Sels/Elliot in that position would rightly get pelters. I still wouldn't want Sels back because I don't think he brings any confidence to those in front of him. And Elliot, well I just don't really like him as a player or person. Reality, I don't think any of them are good enough for the prem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absurd to blame the keeper alone for dropping points the other night. Mitrovic should have rendered Darlow's mistake irrelevant.

Are you his Da?

Impressive how much Elliot has improved whilst being seriously injured, overweight and never playing.

He was our POTS so don't think people are overrating him.

[emoji38] He's shit and we got relegated. Least shitty shit is not an award of any relevance.

You weren't saying that at the time like. Basically everyone was agreed that he had played decently during his run in the team

They didn't like. He played well in quite a few games and looked a 'good shotstopper', he definitely improved coming back after his injury, but he cost us atleast 4 points directly due to basic errors (Everton and Stoke) and made a couple more howlers. He was incredibly slow off his line which I doubt gave our defence much confidence.

I remember people gushing over his Bournemouth performance but other than a header at the near post it was routine saves and shite finishing.

Guest neesy111

They didn't like. He played well in quite a few games and looked a 'good shotstopper', he definitely improved coming back after his injury, but he cost us atleast 4 points directly due to basic errors (Everton and Stoke) and made a couple more howlers. He was incredibly slow off his line which I doubt gave our defence much confidence.

I remember people gushing over his Bournemouth performance but other than a header at the near post it was routine saves and shite finishing.

Sunderland game when coloccini was sent off, I still maintain that should be the GK's ball.

Read his thread from then. I just did. Even his haters were saying he was ok or decent by the time he got injured

Impressive how much Elliot has improved whilst being seriously injured, overweight and never playing.

[emoji38] He's s*** and we got relegated. Least shitty s*** is not an award of any relevance.

You weren't saying that at the time like. Basically everyone was agreed that he had played decently during his run in the team

Are you his Da?

[emoji38] He's s*** and we got relegated. Least shitty s*** is not an award of any relevance.

Tbh the bar was so low it would have been hard to not be satisfied by the most mediocre of performances.

Aye and everyone else disagreed with you. You even clarified that somewhat a few posts later

'everyone else' ignoring the one's who didn't like. Including Semtex who you've just claimed 'wasn't saying that at the time. He absolutely was.

Semtex literally said "he's been fine" about a page or two before your post

That Stoke goal was ridiculous, I assumed Shaqiri's shot swerved massively in the air and thought Elliot had no chance before the replay but it was right next to him and he didn't even try to save it :lol:

Thanks for reminding me of that, I was raging with him at the time. Unbelievably bad from him on that one. At least fucking recognise that the ball is moving towards you and attempt to save it FFS.

Up to about 6 weeks ago I thought he'd be enough to see us through next season but not now. It's like with Bramble. It's all well and good him looking top class for 89 minutes but if these brain farts that are standing out are going to be a regular thing then it's no good. We're effectively starting at 0-1 every 2 or 3 games in the Premier League.

[emoji38] He's shit and we got relegated. Least shitty shit is not an award of any relevance.

:lol: that is massively inaccurate. I actively ignored his better performances tbh.

Up to about 6 weeks ago I thought he'd be enough to see us through next season but not now. It's like with Bramble. It's all well and good him looking top class for 89 minutes but if these brain farts that are standing out are going to be a regular thing then it's no good. We're effectively starting at 0-1 every 2 or 3 games in the Premier League.

We can worry about next season in good time, for all we know Krul may be back here. There's going to be some hefty investment needed next season, but keeper wouldn't be the priority for me. Fuck me, we had Jak Alnwick in goal not too long ago in the premier.