Karl Darlow (now playing for Leeds United)

Nobody

Reina seems like an experienced leader and we definitely need experience and leadership. Our "buy young and cheap" policy means like we are unlikely to stumble upon them. This cranks up the value of getting Reina in. It would be worth paying more than we want to for Samaris and arguably even McCarthy for the same reason. We'll have to have some players out there prepared to dig in and motivate others to deal with all the circumstances and momentum shifts you get in games.

Against much stronger teams we'll face this season, the lack of experience and leadership in our squad could cost us much more this time.

Reina would be a great signing.  Better than anything we have and the perfect mentor for Woodman to learn from for a couple of years before taking over as our No.1.  He knows Rafa and his methods well and plays the way he likes his keepers to play.  Complete no brainer to get him inif we can.

Over to you, thumbhead.

Surely says something when the three clubs linked with Darlow are Boro, Villa & Reading. He is what he is. A steady back up for a Premier League club, or first choice for a leading Championship team. If we can get £6-8m for him it's brilliant business when we're well stocked for similarly decent back up keepers.

My only questions today is how good is Reina these days? I thought he was on the downward spiral coming to the game end of his Liverpool career watching him in this division. How long has he been away now and how well has he played?

My only questions today is how good is Reina these days? I thought he was on the downward spiral coming to the game end of his Liverpool career watching him in this division. How long has he been away now and how well has he played?

Joint 3rd for clean sheets in Serie A last season so he must be doing something right still.

Joint 3rd for clean sheets in Serie A last season so he must be doing something right still.

Or his team has defending. Have you seen him say a dozen times or more?

Even with a good defence, you don't keep that many clean sheets if it's not a good keeper behind them.

Even with a good defence, you don't keep that many clean sheets if it's not a good keeper behind them.

So that's a no? :lol: I'm tasking you to do a scouting mission whilst you recouperate and give the stats a rest :lol:

It's a no. :lol:

I'm still happy for a first-choice keeper from Serie A's top 3 clubs coming in and it being fair to assume he's better than the keepers we've got though and being capable of doing a job here for a couple of years.

:thup: I'm just not big on stats when it comes to GK's. After all didn't Darlow have the best stats last year? :lol:

It's a no. :lol:

I'm still happy for a first-choice keeper from Serie A's top 3 clubs coming in and it being fair to assume he's better than the keepers we've got though and being capable of doing a job here for a couple of years.

:thup: I'm just not big on stats when it comes to GK's. After all didn't Darlow have the best stats last year? :lol:

Well he is a good championship goalkeeper to be fair

• 1 month later...