The other games today - 2015/16

Deuce

Can never get a handle on Hughes, sometimes he can be utterly dreadful and a diva, and others he's perfectly fine. Think hes one of those managers who gets bigheaded and implodes, seems to have settled a bit more grounded at stoke.

Was just thinking about this, hasn't he only "failed" at Citeh and basically improved every other club he's gone to?

Feel like I'm maybe missing a club that he's not done well at but can't think who.

Can never get a handle on Hughes, sometimes he can be utterly dreadful and a diva, and others he's perfectly fine. Think hes one of those managers who gets bigheaded and implodes, seems to have settled a bit more grounded at stoke.

QPR was the only one he really failed at imo. When you think he transformed Souness' Blackburn into a good-looking top 8 team, he's done this to Stoke after Pulis. I think he'd be a good fit here.

Stoke are very good to watch. Well done Hughes.

Yet we absolutely bossed them a few weeks back, only their keeper got them a point. That said they do have a solid look at the back and a couple of high impact players up front in Shaquiri and Arnautovic.

Envious of Stoke man. :lol:

Top keeper, solid defence with a true leader, and 4 attackers who mean you can get away with having two defensive CMs. Also got a lot of time for their manager. Would take the whole lot of Stoke here.

I was thinking this when they arrived here earlier this season. They didn't play as well as i thought they might but on paper they've really turned it around from that Pulis side everyone hated and found boring. Hughes has done a class job in turning the style of play around, fair play to them.

QPR was the only one he really failed at imo. When you think he transformed Souness' Blackburn into a good-looking top 8 team, he's done this to Stoke after Pulis. I think he'd be a good fit here.

That's it QPR aye

Yet we absolutely bossed them a few weeks back, only their keeper got them a point. That said they do have a solid look at the back and a couple of high impact players up front in Shaquiri and Arnautovic.

Wouldn't say we bossed them like. Thought it was two poor teams. None of Butland's saves were worldies

It's funny but for all I hear about how hamstrung McClaren is with our midfield I see Hughes playing two nobodies and Affellay in a midfield three and one again wonder if a better manager couldn't get more from what we've got.

Cameron and Whelan are decent athletes and are very disciplined though. Ours get pushed around like little children.

Wouldn't say we bossed them like. Thought it was two poor teams. None of Butland's saves were worldies

Both poor yes but we were still clearly the better side.

The media always intimates northern clubs who have never really won anything are all mainly interested in hard work and tackles, says northern fans want that and nothing fancy. Then of course stoke get a player like bojan who surely in this patronizing and reductive worldview would be hated and in fact is given a standing ovation

It's funny but for all I hear about how hamstrung McClaren is with our midfield I see Hughes playing two nobodies and Affellay in a midfield three and one again wonder if a better manager couldn't get more from what we've got.

Cameron and Whelan are decent athletes and are very disciplined though. Ours get pushed around like little children.

No surprise since they have the physiques of little children as well.