The other games today - 2015/16

Deuce

So BT Showcase is on Freeview but not Sky?

Is that the free to air channel? Thought Roma v Barca was on free tonight but not on Sky.

Aye

Via Sky channel 426 I could watch and listen to the goals/highlights yet when I switched to 458 to watch in HD there was no sound just picture!? :lol:

They actually showed Roma-Barca live, could only get the channel on Freeview though.

More teams other than Juventus would need to perform for once surely?

Napoli went to the semi's in EL which got them decent amount of points.

Forgot about that.

Apparently England is OK for 4 Champions League places next season but they could lose the 4th spot the following season.  Italy are catching England up and have gained a lot of co-efficient points through their success in the Europa League which most of our clubs discount as a waste of time. 

It would be rather amusing if our attitude to the Europa League led to us losing that 4th spot.

Was how Italy lost theirs in the first place, you would think it would make others learn but obviously not.

More teams other than Juventus would need to perform for once surely?

Napoli went to the semi's in EL which got them decent amount of points.

Forgot about that.

Apparently England is OK for 4 Champions League places next season but they could lose the 4th spot the following season.  Italy are catching England up and have gained a lot of co-efficient points through their success in the Europa League which most of our clubs discount as a waste of time. 

It would be rather amusing if our attitude to the Europa League led to us losing that 4th spot.

Was how Italy lost theirs in the first place, you would think it would make others learn but obviously not.

Even the Champions League results at the moment are awful

I know but it's not the main reason the coefficient points are so bad, Bundesliga basically got a 4th spot on the back of great EL results.

It actually matters a lot to the overall points total and the clubs overall disdain over many years for it could if it continues come back to haunt them.

Isn't a really strong year getting written off for the PL next year? I think co-efficients are scored over 5 seasons and 5 seasons ago we had a really strong Euro campaign.

I genuinely think people in the UK will care less about the CL over the next 3 years. It's not on terrestrial TV prime time so less people will watch it. We'll just focus more on the best league in the world.

ACL for Rafinha :(

ah ffs. Right when he starts looking like a Barcelona player. He's been much better this season than last, especially when he plays a bit more centralized and offensive. Think he'd thrive as the #10, although Barcelona obviously can't accomodate him in that position at the moment, but in a couple of years maybe?

Isn't a really strong year getting written off for the PL next year? I think co-efficients are scored over 5 seasons and 5 seasons ago we had a really strong Euro campaign.

I genuinely think people in the UK will care less about the CL over the next 3 years. It's not on terrestrial TV prime time so less people will watch it. We'll just focus more on the best league in the world.

Yes you are right - it is calculated over a rolling period.  Another bad season for the English clubs this year and a good one for Italian clubs will likely mean that Italy will get that 4th spot in the 2016/2017 season

Guest neesy111

There's only 3 less games on terrestrial tv tbh.  I've already watched 2 games on BT showcase.

There's only 3 less games on terrestrial tv tbh.  I've already watched 2 games on BT showcase.

Are they showing a game every round for free? It's not on ITV1 is it? A Freeview channel right? That's not the same thing. (if that's the case).

Guest neesy111

Are they showing a game every round for free? It's not on ITV1 is it? A Freeview channel right? That's not the same thing. (if that's the case).

They are showing it on BT showcase which is on freeview.  Freeview is terrestrial tv, search for it on google.

They are showing it on BT showcase which is on freeview.  Freeview is terrestrial tv, search for it on google.

Okay. But much less people will actually watch those games now is my point.  Thus, people will care less about the CL in the UK. Your casual fan isn't going to channel 323 on Freeview on a Wednesday.

Only just seen the Man City highlights. Sterling's finishing man. So powder puff.

It's becoming really tiresome now, Kaka.

What? His finishing is poor. Needs to work on that becaus he's really good at getting into great positions.