La Liga 19/20 - Premier Sports acquire exclusive UK TV rights

Village Idiot

I'm sure there was someone on here, that was saying it was an easy/safe choice for Neville?  Doesn't appear that way now!  The majority said it was a huge job to be taking on.

I might be totally wide of the mark, VI.  But are media and the fans alike in Spain, far less unforgiving and ruthless than in England?  Maybe it's just watching Real Madrid every week, watching a bit of Revista and reading Marca English (is that like your version of The Sun? :lol:) has made me think this way.

The media are ruthless with managers here. Far more than in England, certainly. And sometimes unreasonably so.

I suspect one of the reasons is that we don't have nearly as many former managers/players working in our football press as you do. Football people tend to be more protective of their own.

And actually you're quite right in pointing out that our sports rags cover the same niche that your tabloids do. We don't have any successful tabloid in Spain, but sports press outsells regular newspapers by a wide margin - particularly among the working class.

Best sports reporting is found in regular newspapers.

That's really interesting.  The second paragraph in particular.  I don't like how it's an old boys network over here.  Sharing the same agents and being pals with a lot of current managers.  You just get pundits staunchly defending the indefensible.  Of course the big 4-6 clubs are favoured massively, whereas a lot of the smaller teams get a lot of heat from these so called 'pundits'.

The written press are just as bad.  So much sensationalism and doubles standards. 

I'm sure there was someone on here, that was saying it was an easy/safe choice for Neville?  Doesn't appear that way now!  The majority said it was a huge job to be taking on.

I might be totally wide of the mark, VI.  But are media and the fans alike in Spain, far less unforgiving and ruthless than in England?  Maybe it's just watching Real Madrid every week, watching a bit of Revista and reading Marca English (is that like your version of The Sun? :lol:) has made me think this way.

Pretty sure it was TCD after I said he was on a hiding to nothing taking that job.

He definitely wasn't on a hiding to nothing like. They have a decent squad and if they had performed even reasonably under him he'd have a few wins and there would be no trouble. It's his fault for not getting the best out of his players

He definitely wasn't on a hiding to nothing like. They have a decent squad and if they had performed even reasonably under him he'd have a few wins and there would be no trouble. It's his fault for not getting the best out of his players

That comment was made before I knew it was a short term thing, had it been long term I think he was to a degree.

Technically the Copa Del Rey and not La Liga.  But fuck me, Valencia have been woeful since Neville took over.  7-0 :lol:

I still think he was wrong to take on that job as his first managerial gig.  As VI has pointed out, they're even less patient with managers in Spain and he needed to get some good early results to get the fans on board.  It hasn't happened and the results are getting worse and worse.  Should have won at the weekend by all accounts.  Negredo just missed some sitters and it cost them.  But the fans had the white flags out for him!  Can't imagine last night's result helped get them back on side :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Atlético's president confirmed they are moving to their new stadium in summer 2017, despite trouble finalizing the sale of the Calderón (a Spanish court found the rezoning of the ground to be illegal).

State of the works:

cumzkfowwaqmrzr-jpg.161498

This is how it is supposed to look:

http://www.losblanquillos.com/media/galeria/34/8/7/9/8/n_real_zaragoza_fondos-5828978.jpeg

dd-jpg.161499

dfsf-jpg.161500

Doesn't have nearly half the character of the Calderón.

Guest neesy111

Atlético's president confirmed they are moving to their new stadium in summer 2017, despite trouble finalizing the sale of the Calderón (a Spanish court found the rezoning of the ground to be illegal).

State of the works:

cumzkfowwaqmrzr-jpg.161498

This is how it is supposed to look:

http://www.losblanquillos.com/media/galeria/34/8/7/9/8/n_real_zaragoza_fondos-5828978.jpeg

dd-jpg.161499

dfsf-jpg.161500

Doesn't have nearly half the character of the Calderón.

Where the hell are they getting the $$$ from to pay for it, or is the council paying for most of it?

From the sale of the Calderón to the council+loans.

The new ground belonged to the council and it's part of the deal.

Don't forget that the Calderón sits above one of Madrid's most important thoroughfares, which the council wants to enlarge.

There's a good chance it will yeah, the new ground lies far from traditional Atlético neighborhoods, while the Calderón sits in a prime location right on their turf.

Espanyol has had the same trouble. Their new stadium is nice, but very far from their home area. Once the "new stadium" effect vanished, they have found themselves with reduced crowds and lots and lots of plastic seats on view.

Went to the Barcelona game on Sunday night, such an amazing experience. An absolute joy to watch players like Neymar and Messi in the flesh as it actually seems like they are wanting to put on a show for the fans that have turned up, Barca could've had 3 or 4 quite easily although I thought Sevilla were quite impressive as well. Pretty much the perfect weekend as well with Las Palmas beating Eibar on the Friday night and climbing out the relegation zone :thup:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest firetotheworks

That's really weird. You would think that the rest of his hair would be thinner and/or have a receding hairline too, but he's got thick, luxurious hair and then a complete bald patch. Must be shit being in the public eye with everyone commenting on your appearance like.

That's really weird. You would think that the rest of his hair would be thinner and/or have a receding hairline too, but he's got thick, luxurious hair and then a complete bald patch. Must be shit being in the public eye with everyone commenting on your appearance like.

Looks thin at the front in the last pic posted. Don't know why people like that don't just get a transplant if they are so worried about losing it