La Liga 19/20 - Premier Sports acquire exclusive UK TV rights

Village Idiot

The Spanish IRS is investigating Valencia for alleged tax fraud in their transfer business under Peter Lim.

More on this, this graph is pretty damning (and no, I'm sure that Valencia aren't nowhere near the only outfit where this is happening)

http://e02-elmundo.uecdn.es/assets/multimedia/imagenes/2016/05/21/14638536879364.jpg

It's in Spanish, but the thing that you have to look at is the breakdown of the transfer monies paid for each player (second graphic). The number at the basis of each column is the money paid to third parties (commissions, bungs, third party owners, whatever) from the transfer total. So, for example, Valencia paid €30m for Rodrigo, but only €17m reached Benfica. Makes you realize how utterly corrupt the whole thing is.

I did the stadium tour of the Bernabeu and the Vicente Calderon a couple of weeks ago. Such a difference between the two.

Bernabeu was full security,bags and clothes search before entering the stadium etc. Was absolutely rammed and just a constant flow of people. Felt like I couldn't stand and look at stuff for too long as I would hold up the people behind me.

Was a good tour tbf,got a strange feeling walking down the tunnel knowing the players (and Rafa  :love:) had walked down there...  :lol:

Vicente Calderon was completely different. No search before entering and there was only about 9 of us in total for the tour (including my party of 4)

Had a tour guide this time and she was hot. Strangely didn't know what I was talking about though when I mentioned Simone and Beckham!

The tour was great though,saw Simone's tactics board which still had his instructions on and also sat in the presidents seat which is obviously the best seat in the stadium,bang in line with the half way line and at the perfect hight in the stand.

Was a real laugh and Athletico kind of made me feel like it was more of a club than Madrid. Love how the road goes underneath the stadium too.

Also both clubs getting a new stadium soon,Real Madrid's looks pretty epic,like some huge silver bowl. Atheltico's I think will have a re-tractable tier.

Topped it off by going to Real Madrid v Valencia and seeing Ronaldo score while filming it on my phone.

Really love Spain and will hopefully be taking the missus back when conveniently both new stadiums are built  ;)

I did the stadium tour of the Bernabeu and the Vicente Calderon a couple of weeks ago. Such a difference between the two.

Bernabeu was full security,bags and clothes search before entering the stadium etc. Was absolutely rammed and just a constant flow of people. Felt like I couldn't stand and look at stuff for too long as I would hold up the people behind me.

Was a good tour tbf,got a strange feeling walking down the tunnel knowing the players (and Rafa  :love:) had walked down there...  :lol:

Vicente Calderon was completely different. No search before entering and there was only about 9 of us in total for the tour (including my party of 4)

Had a tour guide this time and she was hot. Strangely didn't know what I was talking about though when I mentioned Simone and Beckham!

The tour was great though,saw Simone's tactics board which still had his instructions on and also sat in the presidents seat which is obviously the best seat in the stadium,bang in line with the half way line and at the perfect hight in the stand.

Was a real laugh and Athletico kind of made me feel like it was more of a club than Madrid. Love how the road goes underneath the stadium too.

Also both clubs getting a new stadium soon,Real Madrid's looks pretty epic,like some huge silver bowl. Atheltico's I think will have a re-tractable tier.

Topped it off by going to Real Madrid v Valencia and seeing Ronaldo score while filming it on my phone.

Really love Spain and will hopefully be taking the missus back when conveniently both new stadiums are built  ;)

Vicente Calderón is the cool dive bar that the tripadvisor crowd has still not found about. Glad you enjoyed your trip.

I went to the Bernabeu when I was a kid sometime around 2000. We thought you'd be able to do a stadium tour, club shop etc as we'd done at the Nou Camp years earlier but there was absolutely fuck all going on down there. Everything shut, no tours, no shop, no staff around. Just had to do a lap of the place with nothing to look at except big, ugly concrete columns covered in racist graffiti about Nicolas Anelka. Great times :thup:

I went to the Bernabeu when I was a kid sometime around 2000. We thought you'd be able to do a stadium tour, club shop etc as we'd done at the Nou Camp years earlier but there was absolutely f*** all going on down there. Everything shut, no tours, no shop, no staff around. Just had to do a lap of the place with nothing to look at except big, ugly concrete columns covered in racist graffiti about Nicolas Anelka. Great times :thup:

Their president at the time was the former bodyguard of the leader of the Spanish far right, says it all :lol:

Random Question, why doesnt the Spanish Second division end until 19th June ???

The main season finishes on the 4th, the rest is play-offs. Point stands however, it's very late. Seems to be like that every year.

Guest neesy111

Random Question, why doesnt the Spanish Second division end until 19th June ???

The main season finishes on the 4th, the rest is play-offs. Point stands however, it's very late. Seems to be like that every year.

La Liga used to finish in June on non-tournament years.