Newcastle United 0-1 Borussia Mönchengladbach - FT

Nobody

The football has been inoffensive but pretty darn boring. Par for the course, really.

I think if this was a Premier League match with a full crowd and a decent atmosphere it wouldn't seem that boring

Guest palnese

Fairly solid at the back. We look quite organized and in good control.

Lots to work on going forward, but we've created some decent chances and should be ahead.

I expect us to win it if we put on our best attackers for the 2nd half.

Half time. We've been the better team so far IMO. We really picked it up in the last 10 minutes of the half. Comfortable off the ball and dangerous when we have it at times

I have been reasonably happy considering what's out there tbh, expected it to be a lot worse. Hopefully McClaren brings on some of the better players on the bench on.

Some promising signs in amongst some slow, stuttery stuff. Realisation kicking in that our problems aren't gonna go away quickly, and that we may have to be patient with McClaren whilst he un-Pardews the team.

Obertan has arguably been our best player. Haidara is frustratingly hit and miss and could be a liability for us this season. Can't see us bringing in a left back either.

Everyone else has been much of a muchness really.

Half time. We've been the better team so far IMO. We really picked it up in the last 10 minutes of the half. Comfortable off the ball and dangerous when we have it at times

We've spent most of the game chasing the ball. The last 10 minutes were ours but before that we were insipid.

This is irritating as fuck, why aren't we selecting our first 11 to give them time to gel, if that is our first 11 God help Mclaren

Because our pre-season schedule has been an absolute nonsense and playing our best eleven at this point would probably be counter-productive to their fitness levels.

Why do we cross so much when we're so so bad at it?

Because they have be seen doing footbally things. Cross the ball when it's on the wing. Kick a goal kick as far as possible. No point intentionally trying to get the footbally things to link together though. Just pray for a miracle.

We've spent most of the game chasing the ball. The last 10 minutes were ours but before that we were insipid.

Even then we were still creating as much/more than they were. They had some nice one touch stuff around the centre circle but they didn't do much

This is irritating as fuck, why aren't we selecting our first 11 to give them time to gel, if that is our first 11 God help Mclaren

Because our pre-season schedule has been an absolute nonsense and playing our best eleven at this point would probably be counter-productive to their fitness levels.

What? :lol:

I agree with you about our pre season but he always could have played a reserve side at York in preparation for this game being our first team.

Feels so good that we're not hoofing it at least. Hopefully we will continue with non hoof.

This. But hate it when Krul is kicking it long and we have one player chasing the ball and no other around. Hopeless.

First I've seen of us this preseason - definite change to a more short-passing game, looking to build from the back, and pressing higher up the pitch in decent numbers as well.

Obertan probably our best player 1st half....

What's not to understand? They'll have been fatigued/jet-lagged from the America trip then had two daft away games in the space of a few days immediately after. If McClaren could have played his best eleven today he would've done.

What's not to understand? They'll have been fatigued/jet-lagged from the America trip then had two daft away games in the space of a few days immediately after. If McClaren could have played his best eleven today he would've done.

See my edit mate :thup:

Been disappointed in them like. Lots of possession and one touch stuff but no threat up front.

You expected anything else from that lot though?

Know nowt about them but was expecting more from a team that finished third in the Bundesliga, yeah.

First I've seen of us this preseason - definite change to a more short-passing game, looking to build from the back, and pressing higher up the pitch in decent numbers as well.

Obertan probably our best player 1st half....

That's him nailed as a starter for at least the first five league games then.

Been disappointed in them like. Lots of possession and one touch stuff but no threat up front.

You expected anything else from that lot though?

Know nowt about them but was expecting more from a team that finished third in the Bundesliga, yeah.

My bad thought you were talking about us! :lol: