Newcastle United 2 - 2 Southampton - 09/08/15 - Post-match reaction from page 46

Dave

Goal machine.

Again proving we need him here until he loses it, not before.

As if Mitrovic would have missed that. Nothng special about that goal except tons of luck that the ball simply looped over the goalkeeper due to the deflection.

Anyway, HT: decent start of the campaign.

Would he have made that run though? Its not luck when you react quicker than everyone else

Haidara needs to wake the f*** up and learn how to defend.

And to handle a f***ing ball! Absolutely s*** imo.

Everything is coming down their right with Cedric, Haidara's a bit slow aye. Good player in there though. He got a pen & crossed an assist in pre season. Another for an actual match today, its not coincidence. He can be decent going forwards, cant ignore that.

If this is anything to go by, I'm more than happy keeping Sissoko on the wing - he and Janmaat seem to have a fairly solid understanding. We've looked dangerous down that side.

Still think/hope the centre is yet to be reshuffled. Obertan's played his part tbf.

Goal machine.

As if Mitrovic would have missed that. Nothng special about that goal except tons of luck that the ball simply looped over the goalkeeper due to the deflection.

It's amazing how many times Cisse is in the right place to be on the end of a cross and put it away. Must sheer luck every time.

Goal machine.

Would he have made that run though? Its not luck when you react quicker than everyone else

Exactly, just being there is an skill in itself.

If this is anything to go by, I'm more than happy keeping Sissoko on the wing - he and Janmaat seem to have a fairly solid understanding. We've looked dangerous down that side.

Still think/hope the centre is yet to be reshuffled. Obertan's played his part tbf.

:thup: Now imagine, De Jong in Wijnaldums position and moving Wijnaldum a bit back. I think Tiote - Wijnaldum midfield would actually work better than anything else we've got.

Could've easily gone in 2/3-0 if not for some ropey defending at the back and Gini putting that opportunity away at the beginning.

Things are already looking up.

One of the biggest things I noticed was that after we scored, we actually tried to put on even more pressure rather than just trying to go in 1-1 at half time.

The fuck is Obertan doing for their goal? Miles out of position, allows Cedric acres to get the ball in. Haidara had no chance.

Aye the pair of them down that side are doing little to actually defend; any joy they have comes down that side. No idea where Obertan is for the goal, absolutely miles out of position.

Janmaat our best player so far, hands down. As per usual.

Sissoko has been our best player, and its not even close :lol:

Janmaat is definitely putting in a similar level performance.

Aye, not much difference between both. Think those two and Wijnaldum has been behind everything we've done this far.

Half time positives and negatives

+ Much better footy than before

+ Wijnaldum was great early (though has faded already)

+ Janmaat and Sissoko look on form

+ Despite his goal error think Mbemba has looked confident on the ball, and has relieved pressure by carrying it forward into space

- Defense look shakey, caught out by crosses in

- Anita and Colback not entirely convincing, keeping possession ok but Anita has passed to the opposition in dangerous places way too often (I think he will sharpen this up mind, this is rarely his problem)

- Need to take our chances, not sure we're still quite making enough as we should

- Obertan I know is terrible but Haidara hasn't looked great, thought people were a bit harsh to dissmiss him as our main LB but starting to agree we need a new one.

Agree with all that, also i think their goal was due to a lack of communication than anything which will improve IMO. Reasonably pleased with 3 of the back 4 for the most part but Haidara has been shit IMO would definitely buy a LB if it was me in charge :lol:

Our left side is truly disgusting. Get Aarons on.

Other than watch those two idiots try and play, I've been pleasantly surprised! I've just been entertained, I think.

Obertan was always going to be a let down, all fart and no shit as usual. Haidara has been a disappointment though, not showing enough confidence either defending or attacking.