Newcastle 0-1 Andre Marriner - 29/8/15 - Post Match Reaction From Page 5

Mike
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Still never a red. Neither a fucking "Orange". Pansy fucks.

Semtex in implying he's proper masculine and that shocker.

Aye, that's it. Nowt to do with the fact that he barely touched the man and it's a contact sport. It's a foul, but personally, I wouldn't even give a yellow. I can accept yellow given the current spineless-diving-pricks climate that we're enabling by accepting that shit like this is a red fucking card. :lol: A red card man. Embarrasing.

Guest firetotheworks

Aye, that's it. Nowt to do with the fact that he barely touched the man and it's a contact sport. It's a foul, but personally, I wouldn't even give a yellow. I can accept yellow given the current spineless-diving-pricks climate that we're enabling by accepting that shit like this is a red fucking card. :lol: A red card man. Embarrasing.

He stood on his shin and foot man. Regardless of your own measure of what's a red card or not, he and we all know that standing on a player's shin/foot like that is going to be a red card and we have done for years.

Aye, that's it. Nowt to do with the fact that he barely touched the man and it's a contact sport. It's a foul, but personally, I wouldn't even give a yellow. I can accept yellow given the current spineless-diving-pricks climate that we're enabling by accepting that shit like this is a red fucking card. [emoji38] A red card man. Embarrasing.

What colour's that then?

He stood on his shin and foot man. Regardless of your own measure of what's a red card or not, he and we all know that standing on a player's shin/foot like that is going to be a red card and we have done for years.

:lol: the outrage

Guest firetotheworks

Also known as a completely predictable red card. :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Aye tbf I stood on my 3-year-old cousin's foot the other day and although he was initially pissed off he eventually gave me some satsuma to show all was forgiven.  All true.

Satsuma's are orange as well. It all makes sense now.

I think you're all lying to yourselves if you think that you wouldn't be shouting for a red if it was the other way around.

I think some of them still haven't caught up with the tougher guidelines for referees concerning dangerous tackles and think it's still 1995. Going into a tackle with your studs up and shin high is asking for a red even if there is minimal contact. I had this argument on Saturday with mojo and he ended up telling me to fuck off. [emoji38]

Did I? [emoji38] Honest apologies for that like.

It was blind loyalty to the shirt so I was okay with it. I might have told myself to fuck off if I was in your shoes.  O0

Honestly can't say I agree with that, it's still a bullshit red and his shirt has nothing to do with that.

Right I'm tired of this already. We started off with the classic unnecessary personal jibe and we've gone downhill.

When playing actual football, people get their feet/ankles stood on all the time. If it's not malicious or at great speed, it is a freekick, a swift apology, and off you go. If that's super manly, then I guess I'm super super manly, which is not something I've been accused of before, trust me.

The fact that this is even being entertained by fans as a red card is highly disappointing to me, and it doesn't fill me with faith on the progression of football in the future. It's close to unwatchable as it is.

The fact that this is even being entertained by fans as a red card is highly disappointing to me, and it doesn't fill me with faith on the progression of football in the future. It's close to unwatchable as it is.

Could not agree more with this. Can't get my head around people even thinking it was a red, he was virtually standing still with most of his weight on the leg planted in the ground so... argh fuck it it's been done to death already.

Sad part is the prevailing narrative is he's a lunatic who almost murdered the Arsenal twat so if he so much as bumps into anyone now his card is marked as a thug.

Guest firetotheworks

Right I'm tired of this already. We started off with the classic unnecessary personal jibe and we've gone downhill.

When playing actual football, people get their feet/ankles stood on all the time. If it's not malicious or at great speed, it is a freekick, a swift apology, and off you go. If that's super manly, then I guess I'm super super manly, which is not something I've been accused of before, trust me.

Personal jibe. :lol: Howeh, I'm just messing about.

Basically my point is that yes, the game is soft and I'd rather stuff like that was just a free kick, but no, it's not surprising that he was sent off because in the modern game that is a red card.

Could not agree more with this. Can't get my head around people even thinking it was a red, he was virtually standing still with most of his weight on the leg planted in the ground so... argh f*** it it's been done to death already.

Sad part is the prevailing narrative is he's a lunatic who almost murdered the Arsenal t*** so if he so much as bumps into anyone now his card is marked as a thug.

Sorry, I don't think it's a red, it's a yellow in my opinion. But to say he's virtually standing still is a lie. He clearly goes after the ball and misses it with studs right onto the shin. If I was Coquelin I'd be very disappointed at being on the receiving end of challenge like that. It's never red though, clearly because he's always looking at the ball but to say it's nothing and play on as some have suggested is as biased as people saying he went for it to break his leg.

Guest firetotheworks

Could not agree more with this. Can't get my head around people even thinking it was a red, he was virtually standing still with most of his weight on the leg planted in the ground so... argh fuck it it's been done to death already.

Sad part is the prevailing narrative is he's a lunatic who almost murdered the Arsenal twat so if he so much as bumps into anyone now his card is marked as a thug.

Christ, don't exaggerate my point for affect or nowt. :lol: Saying that he's been an idiot getting 2 yellow cards in 20 minutes and then him standing on someone's shin and predictably getting a red card isn't the same as him bumping into someone and being marked as a thug.

Could not agree more with this. Can't get my head around people even thinking it was a red, he was virtually standing still with most of his weight on the leg planted in the ground so... argh f*** it it's been done to death already.

Sad part is the prevailing narrative is he's a lunatic who almost murdered the Arsenal t*** so if he so much as bumps into anyone now his card is marked as a thug.

Sorry, I don't think it's a red, it's a yellow in my opinion. But to say he's virtually standing still is a lie. He clearly goes after the ball and misses it with studs right onto the shin. If I was Coquelin I'd be very disappointed at being on the receiving end of challenge like that. It's never red though, clearly because he's always looking at the ball but to say it's nothing and play on as some have suggested is as biased as people saying he went for it to break his leg.

He took the ball on his chest and it got away from him, he was barely fucking moving when he made contact like and his standing leg was planted in the ground.

Studs up straight reds are usually for both feet off the ground and/or flying into a tackle at speed that could really hurt someone.

Not having it mojorisin. Your opinion and mine differ despite me believing it was a firm yellow. He's not completely innocent in that challenge like. He's late. Anyways :thup: Looking forward to the next game. This season is weird, not winning but I'm excited again.

Not having it mojorisin. Your opinion and mine differ despite me believing it was a firm yellow. He's not completely innocent in that challenge like. He's late. Anyways :thup: Looking forward to the next game. This season is weird, not winning but I'm excited again.

Ah no he's late aye, don't think I'm disputing that, but the chances of him hurting the guy given his lack of momentum and force into the tackle are absolute zero.

Yellow for being a slow clumsy oaf but not a red in a million years.

Ah no he's late aye, don't think I'm disputing that, but the chances of him hurting the guy given his lack of momentum and force into the tackle are absolute zero.

That I agree with. I do see why some think it's a red though. I don't agree with it, but I can see why some would say it is.

Basically my point is that yes, the game is soft and I'd rather stuff like that was just a free kick, but no, it's not surprising that he was sent off because in the modern game that is a red card.

I think that's where the dispute is tbh, I've pretty much resigned myself that the ref guidelines for what is considered dangerous play are a lot tougher now, so intent or force are not as much of a consideration. In the past you would get a booking but these days refs are giving those challenges a red far more.

this is spot on.

Still never a red. Neither a f***ing "Orange". Pansy f***s.

Aye, that's it. Nowt to do with the fact that he barely touched the man and it's a contact sport. It's a foul, but personally, I wouldn't even give a yellow. I can accept yellow given the current spineless-diving-pricks climate that we're enabling by accepting that s*** like this is a red f***ing card. :lol: A red card man. Embarrasing.

I think that's where the dispute is tbh, I've pretty much resigned myself that the ref guidelines for what is considered dangerous play are a lot tougher now, so intent or force are not as much of a consideration. In the past you would get a booking but these days refs are giving those challenges a red far more.

Then you see the Shaw 'incident' and no one has a clue anymore.

In the "modern game" it sometimes is and it sometimes isn't. In trying to be unbiased, I'd also think that a challenge with little aggression and momentum in it like Mitro's would much more often not be a red.

No reason we should just content ourselves with that.

In the "modern game" it sometimes is and it sometimes isn't. In trying to be unbiased, I'd also think that a challenge with little aggression and momentum in it like Mitro's would much more often not be a red.

No reason we should just content ourselves with that.

In the modern game, it very much depends who you play for as well. No way Rooney/Sanchez/Aguero are getting sent off for that, as the league needs it's best players on the pitch to sell it's product. NUFC and their radgie Serbian pantomime villain on the other hand are another kettle of fish, and referees are very much aware of this.

Fwiw, I think it was probably a little more red than yellow, but certainly not as clear cut as the Arsenal fans and media lobby have made out. Going from some of them on my facebook, you'd have thought Mitro had maimed their brave soldier.

I think you're all lying to yourselves if you think that you wouldn't be shouting for a red if it was the other way around.

I think some of them still haven't caught up with the tougher guidelines for referees concerning dangerous tackles and think it's still 1995. Going into a tackle with your studs up and shin high is asking for a red even if there is minimal contact. I had this argument on Saturday with mojo and he ended up telling me to fuck off. :lol:

Funny you say 1995 - I remember the 1994 World Cup being when they tried to clamp down on rough play and completely cocked it up. There were a handful of barmy red card decisions, including Zola being sent off 3 minutes after coming on winning the ball in a 50-50 challenge. If memory serves Marco Etcheverria of Bolivia had an equally daft red.

I reckon this was a red, but I also reckon that every other decision except the red and the pen were ridiculously biased. Can't remember a worse refereeing performance (outside of a World Cup, when you get the shit international referees!)