West Ham 2 - 0 Newcastle United - 14/09/15 - Post-match reaction from page 40

BlueStar

It's time to bring in Aarons, De Jong and Perez to start. Its time to rethink that midfield 2.

Exactly my thinking. They looked fresh and streets ahead of the others in terms of movement and interplay.

Personnel is a minor at this point, but it's so obvious that those guaranteed starting spots play like they're guaranteed spots (Colback, Cisse) while Aarons and Perez are trying to make things happen when they get a chance. Fuck sake.

Guest firetotheworks

We had 61% possession apparently. Jesus. :lol:

That's what I was saying. West Ham knew that us having possession wasn't going to mean anything like.

I really hoped for more tonight but it looks like it's going to be another long struggle of a season. Watford is now a massive game. I'll be massively disappointed if both Perez and De Jong aren't in the first 11.

Cisse still smiling. What a lovely guy ... I would love to take a pair of pliers to each of those teeth. The stupid fellow.

:lol: Calm down, dude.

Really irritating guy is Cisse. Pathetically weak and lacks any kind of urgency or desire.

That Mitrovic red was an absolute killer. We're in big trouble.

Cisse is an absolute asshole. Dude doesn't care man. Just going through the motions.

If something happens to fall to him he might make an effort otherwise no biggie, just fart about all game.

Hope all the away fans enjoyed their trip....same again next week.

Deserve everything they get

Pathetic.

Hope all the away fans enjoyed their trip....same again next week.

Deserve everything they get

Pathetic.

I agree are fans are

:lol: They're different words, man. You must know this.

:lol:

Cisse still smiling. What a lovely guy ... I would love to take a pair of pliers to each of those teeth. The stupid fellow.

I'm gonna supply KaKa with the pliers.

:lol: You want to torture the man? Make him watch our matches. No pliers needed.

We'd better hope that Mitrovic stays on the pitch, or Toney comes good, because Cisse is a waste of space as a lead striker. He can't hold the ball up, he doesn't challenge for 50-50 balls, his passing is wayward and he shows none of the aggression that you need to impose yourself in that position. The guy doesn't seem to care, which must be frustrating for his team mates.

We also lack physical, defensive presence in midfield. Anita tries but he's just not strong enough. If De Jong can get fit, I'd move Wijnaldum further  back. Not ideal but the best solution at the moment.

Why Perez isn't starting I don't know. He shows spirit and guile.

The only encouraging thing about tonight was that we improved as the game went on.

Krul - didn't really have anything to do apart from pick the ball out of his goal

Janmaat - probably our best player, but that doesn't say much

Colo - few loose passes, neither here nor there

Mbemba - steady, but nothing more

Haidara - good at times, awful at others - looks much more confident going forward then he does defending

Colback - worst player today, so many misplaced passes

Anita - was okay, lost Payet for the first but he had to react to the ball

Wijnaldum - didn't get into the game much, looked okay but nothing more

Thauvin - didn't get into the game at all

Sissoko - ineffective

Cisse - absolutely dreadful, failed to hold the ball up once but then again I suppose its not an easy task when its just thumped at you

Absolutely awful performance all round, the basics were not right - our attacking movement was similar to last season, slow and predictable. At one point I wasn't even sure if there were two teams playing football or just walking around kicking the ball. Shocking game, West Ham were set up to capitalise on mistakes and hold on - and that is exactly what they did. We wont win games if we don't score, but we'll do even worse if we don't get the basics right.

So much flair and attacking talent, but absolutely nothing going forward. I was tempted to say that maybe the shit of last season had just carried forward, but the players that came in over the summer have no excuse for that. We looked like a team dead on their knees after a long hard season, not a team 5 matches in.

The amount of times, SMC and Simpson were urging our lads forward only to see one or two stroll forward in a fashion that my grandma would have overtaken them and she's been dead three years. I don't necessarily think SMC is to blame with his tactics, I think he wants us to play on the front foot - but the players are just not good enough at the moment.

I think a lot of it is down to confidence, but a win against Watford on Saturday will only be further damaged after getting walloped by Man City and Chelsea. A few wins and I have no doubt we'll come good, but I don't think we can let another 3 games pass.

Sissoko is Obertan with muscle. The end.

Frightening the amount of truth in this. Absolutely terrifying.

I'll get sniped for it but I agree. He needs to be moved on because his guaranteed spot in the starting eleven is holding dudes like Perez and De Jong (and Aarons) out, who are guys I would rather have start.

Really irritating guy is Cisse. Pathetically weak and lacks any kind of urgency or desire.

That Mitrovic red was an absolute killer. We're in big trouble.

Cisse is an absolute asshole. Dude doesn't care man. Just going through the motions.

If something happens to fall to him he might make an effort otherwise no biggie, just fart about all game.

:lol: If you're collecting teeth from the unmotivated, you're gonna need a bigger bag. Top to bottom there are maybe three guys that kinda give a fuck.

I'm gonna supply KaKa with the pliers.

:lol: You want to torture the man? Make him watch our matches. No pliers needed.

I want to watch the life drain from his face.

Look at Moses tonight. The drive, the aggression, the desire, the fucking effort man.

Fucking Sissoko wasn't fit to lace his boots despite having all the ability Moses has.

He is fucking Obertan man. Head in the clouds most of the time. Just letting the game pass him bye.

Krul - didn't really have anything to do apart from pick the ball out of his goal. Apart from kicking it into the stands constantly

Janmaat - probably our best player, but that doesn't say much going forward yes, defensively suspect again

Colo - few loose passes, neither here nor there

Mbemba - steady, but nothing more

Haidara - good at times, awful at others - looks much more confident going forward then he does defending

Colback - worst player today, so many misplaced passes no anita won that prize hands down; didn't win a challenge, passed sideways or back and was at fault in both goals

Anita - was okay, lost Payet for the first but he had to react to the ball he was dogshi#

Wijnaldum - didn't get into the game much, looked okay but nothing more

Thauvin - didn't get into the game at all thought he was our only threat in first half, worked hard aswell

Sissoko - ineffective lots of runs that came to nothing, tried hard i thought and covered well

Cisse - absolutely dreadful, failed to hold the ball up once but then again I suppose its not an easy task when its just thumped at you

Absolutely awful performance all round, the basics were not right - our attacking movement was similar to last season, slow and predictable. At one point I wasn't even sure if there were two teams playing football or just walking around kicking the ball. Shocking game, West Ham were set up to capitalise on mistakes and hold on - and that is exactly what they did. We wont win games if we don't score, but we'll do even worse if we don't get the basics right.

So much flair and attacking talent, but absolutely nothing going forward. I was tempted to say that maybe the s*** of last season had just carried forward, but the players that came in over the summer have no excuse for that. We looked like a team dead on their knees after a long hard season, not a team 5 matches in.

The amount of times, SMC and Simpson were urging our lads forward only to see one or two stroll forward in a fashion that my grandma would have overtaken them and she's been dead three years. I don't necessarily think SMC is to blame with his tactics, I think he wants us to play on the front foot - but the players are just not good enough at the moment.

I think a lot of it is down to confidence, but a win against Watford on Saturday will only be further damaged after getting walloped by Man City and Chelsea. A few wins and I have no doubt we'll come good, but I don't think we can let another 3 games pass.