Newcastle United vs Watford - Saturday 19th September at 3pm (not on TV)

Dave

I'd have neither Colback or Anita in the team. We have simply no control of matches and offer nothing going forward with them playing, they're f***ing s****. Play all our attacking players and have a go.

I'm here now as well, honestly could care less if it goes badly.

So....... you do care then?

Sissoko and Wijnaldum as CM's is moronic. Let's just chuck in Aarons at left back cause he's quick on Fifa. No wonder we're seen as a bunch of idealistic dreamers.

A bit OTT non? They're both athletic and have played that position in their careers. Wijnaldum is not a #10 and Sissoko is not a winger. Hardly moronic to suggest.

Sissoko and Wijnaldum as CM's is moronic. Let's just chuck in Aarons at left back cause he's quick on Fifa. No wonder we're seen as a bunch of idealistic dreamers.

A bit OTT non? They're both athletic and have played that position in their careers. Wijnaldum is not a #10 and Sissoko is not a winger. Hardly moronic to suggest.

Exactly. Can't understand this apparent law that says they couldn't play as a two in midfield, especially against Watford ffs

Guest vondutchie

A real must win. Ayoze needs to start, Sissoko and Colback need dropping - preferably off a fucking cliff. I may be biased but Wijnaldum and Anita need a run of games together too. I think they can both come good and the perfect time to try them out is against Watford.

A real must win. Ayoze needs to start, Sissoko and Colback need dropping - preferably off a fucking cliff. I may be biased but Wijnaldum and Anita need a run of games together too. I think they can both come good and the perfect time to try them out is against Watford.

Agree with all of that.

Wijnaldum is the only player in the squad who could potentially play the role that Colback currently plays, but even that is a total unknown. Anita has looked a great deal more comfortable this season playing in a passing team and being allowed to drop deep and start play from between the centre backs. They are the preferred CM's and be it 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 (I hope for the latter), those are the 3 that will play the majority of the games.

Mozy thinks we should continue what we're doing man, it's going great.

Wijnaldum is the only player in the squad who could potentially play the role that Colback currently plays, but even that is a total unknown. Anita has looked a great deal more comfortable this season playing in a passing team and being allowed to drop deep and start play from between the centre backs. They are the preferred CM's and be it 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 (I hope for the latter), those are the 3 that will play the majority of the games.

Mozy thinks we should continue what we're doing man, it's going great.

West Ham was Pardew shit, the worst of Pardew shit. But I don't think one really bad game warrants a complete rethink. Versus Watford at home strikes me as the perfect time to try Wijnaldum deeper, But why risk ruining a potential solution by handicapping him with Sissoko, who looks like absolute yoghurt every game he plays at CM.

Guest vondutchie

Anita with one of Sissoko/Wijnaldum would be absolutely fine and infinitely better balanced than Anita-Colback. Anita's not the long term answer, we need to buy a proper CM in January, but he'll have to do for now.

Technically he's a great little player. Just totally lacking in any sort of match practice and confidence at the moment.

Swansea and Man Utd made them look a complete joke too (difficult to judge the Arsenal game but the few minutes we had 11 men weren't great), they're horrible together, at least one of them needs to go, ideally both.

I cannot remember seeing Sissoko ever play in central midfield tbh so I'll just have to take your word for it, he used to play box to box in France though and he obviously has the energy for it here. I'm still not sure he'd be up to it like and Anita will probably have to sit in there.

Gegenpressing globetrotters [emoji38]

Can you imagine? NUFC lose the ball in the opponent's half: Cisse doesn't see because he is gormlessly smiling to the heavens-  still immensely tickled by an earlier fluffed chance, Anita goes for the tackle but bounces off the man and injures his arse, Colback is the player originally dispossessed and continues running in an arc-shape to get back to the dispossessor rather than just turn around, Colo inexplicably makes a break from centreback leaving a gap in defence but gets there after the 5 seconds elapse by which point the gegenpress window has ended and a ball over the top has him scampering to stop Jamie Vardy from getting his brace.

As Leicester celebrate, Jogback gets his man. Yellow card.

If we play Wijnaldum and Sissoko one of them is going to have to sit deep while we're attacking. You can't just throw all four midfielders forward. Not only does it leave us ridiculously vulnerable to a counter attack, it's not great for our attacking play as you've basically got too many men forward and nobody between defense and attack to get it to them.

Asking Sissoko to play the holding role negates what is easily his best attribute, his energy bursting forward from midfield. Can't see him being anything other than an absolute trainwreck there. So that's out.

Wij might be able to do a passable job there from a distribution POV, but I doubt he's ever played the role before so I'd imagine he'd probably struggle to take up good positions. On top of that, I reckon he'd be pretty fucked off being asked to play the role when it's clearly not his game.

Just play one of them beside Anita, or better yet go

Anita

Sissoko                Wijnaldum

Thauvin                                                                      Perez

De Jong

If we play Wijnaldum and Sissoko one of them is going to have to sit deep while we're attacking. You can't just throw all four midfielders forward. Not only does it leave us ridiculously vulnerable to a counter attack, it's not great for our attacking play as you've basically got too many men forward and nobody between defense and attack to get it to them.

Asking Sissoko to play the holding role negates what is easily his best attribute, his energy bursting forward from midfield. Can't see him being anything other than an absolute trainwreck there. So that's out.

Wij might be able to do a passable job there from a distribution POV, but I doubt he's ever played the role before so I'd imagine he'd probably struggle to take up good positions. On top of that, I reckon he'd be pretty fucked off being asked to play the role when it's clearly not his game.

Anita

Thauvin                                                                      Perez

De Jong

Tbf I don't think our ability to defend counter attacks can get much worse than it already is, plus Wij and Sissoko are a lot quicker than Anita and Colback

I really don't think it is, providing you have a holding CDM behind them.

Anita

De Jong

Aye, This is what I would like to see.

Fernandinho was an attacking box to box midfielder before he joined City and he's paired with Toure, there's many more examples.

Mourinho and Makelele has made people think you can't have a midfield without at least one player who does nothing but defend.

I thought it was common consensus that you don't need a holding midfielder these as long as your central two aren't shit and are athletic enough to get about, put a tackle in etc.

Look at some of the average shit that dominates us in midfield game after game, how could Sissoko and Wijnaldum be worse than that?