Newcastle United vs Watford - Saturday 19th September at 3pm (not on TV)

Dave

Back 5

Sissoko Wijnaldum

Thauvin De Jong Aarons

Perez

That's what I would do. I know people will say we need a ball winner in the middle but bloody hell what have Anita and Colback been doing for us this season ? If we can't try this against one of the promoted clubs at home then I don't think we deserve to be in the league.

When Mitrovic returns we'll have options, but really for Watford the team picks itself, the only thing worth considering is if Sissoko plays or not imo.

If he does he can either stay on the wing or come into midfield alongside Wijnaldum with Aarons coming in on the left and Thavin switching to right. The latter would obviously see Anita and Colback both out where as the former would see Anita remain alongside Wijnaldum.

I'm not sure tbh, but we would be far, far better as a team if Wijnaldum and Sissoko could form a solid central midfield partnership.

Back 5

Sissoko Wijnaldum

Thauvin De Jong Aarons

Perez

That's what I would do. I know people will say we need a ball winner in the middle but bloody hell what have Anita and Colback been doing for us this season ? If we can't try this against one of the promoted clubs at home then I don't think we deserve to be in the league.

It has to be this team! It wont though, Colcunt will start and Sissoko on the wing sucking shit against a deep degending team and no space to run in to.

I've no problem with starting 1 of Colback/Anita/Tiote alongside either Wij/Siss. As much as it's tempting to just play Siss and Wij mid and 'Go For It!!!!!!!!!', I really, reaaaally don't see it working out, even against supposedly inferior opposition.

Krul

Janmaat  Mbemba  Colo      Haidara

Sissoko    Anita        Wijnaldum 

Thauvin      De Jong        Perez

That lineup looks very strong. It won't happen ofcouse but there's obvious width and plenty of protection with it likely becoming a 4-6-0 without the ball.

We've never even really seen Sissoko there have we? Not that I can remember anyway. I don't think he'll be up to it but it's where he apparently played for Toulouse as both a box-to-box and a defensive mid.

If it clicks it'll be worth it too, where as you have an obvious ceiling with Anita or Colback.

People are going a bit mental like, Sissoko and Wijnaldum as the two CMs is nonsensical. :lol:

I don't think it's anyone's ideal choice but nonsensical is bullshit tbh considering the lineups we've witnessed so far.

Right now everybody's role in the midfield is up in the air based on those performances.

People are going a bit mental like, Sissoko and Wijnaldum as the two CMs is nonsensical. :lol:

I don't think it's anyone's ideal choice but nonsensical is bullshit tbh considering the lineups we've witnessed so far.

You're going to be asking one of them to play a role they're desperately unsuited to man. The solution to us being unable to score goals is to change the balance of our team, not just imbalance it in another way.

He doesn't need to play DM though, we don't need one.

Exactly man. Sissoko and Wijnaldum are our most dynamic midfielders, play them central behind 4 attackers and see what happens.

The alternative is to repeat what we've seen so far.

:lol: No, there're definitely other alternatives.

You're going to be asking one of them to play a role they're desperately unsuited to man. The solution to us being unable to score goals is to change the balance of our team, not just imbalance it in another way.

Do you mean DM?

Do we need a fucking DM at home to Watford like if our attacking line up consists of Aarons, Perez, De Jong and Thauvin?

I don't think so.

And that ignores the fact the two players we've asked to play it so far are shit anyways, for the most part.

Exactly man. Sissoko and Wijnaldum are our most dynamic midfielders, play them central behind 4 attackers and see what happens.

Go on then...

The only other alternative is Anita or Colback. That's it. The type of central midfielder we need we don't have, even someone like Diame would walk into our side.

Do you mean DM?

Do we need a fucking DM at home to Watford like if our attacking line up consists of Aarons, Perez, De Jong and Thauvin?

I don't think so.

And that ignores the fact the two players we've asked to play it so far are shit anyways, for the most part.

You need one of your CM's to be a bit more responsible, you can't just have them both go hell for leather bombing forward, you'll get caught on the break very easily and you'll struggle to build anything from the back as you've nobody in CM who can drop deep and get attacks started and nobody sitting deep to offer an option and recycle possession when attacks are looking like breaking down.

I'm not talking about putting in a destroyer ala Tiote, but I really don't think you can just tell your entire midfield to just go out and attack. Can't think of any teams who do tbh.

Problem isn't that we're playing with a sitter, the problem is that we're playing with two of them. Anita or (preferably) Colback, one of them has to go. But the answer isn't just putting out the most attacking lineup conceivable.